How Long Will Pm-abhisit Last ?

Ricardo

How Long will PM-Abhisit Last ?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see him being disqualified from politics like the previous few incumbents but I'd be surprised if there wasn't another election within about a year.

A few more dry days during the next high season to encourage the tourists back.

I think that if this Goverment does not get it right Then the Military will step in and that is how it will stay,No point in going round in circles,You must have stability if you want to survive in this Global Economy,Good luck Thailand Hope you can make it.......

Edited by Mintman

Wow, I voted one-month, but I think 3 months is a better bet. I, however, am really quite glad to see so many people being optimistic about him making for a long time. (My vote is based soley on pessimism over the way things have gone in the past)!

Wow, I voted one-month, but I think 3 months is a better bet...

I voted 6 months, but also think 3 months is a better bet. :o

I don't see the red-shirts being happy with a new PM and new government without a general election.

The BKK Post today says he is planning on continuing some of the populist policies started by Thaksin, so that may give him a boost. The wealth in the country needs to be a little more evenly distributed.

The overall economics of the country, however, may cause the most dissatisfaction and could cause a lot of changes in people's opinions (not only here, but pretty much everywhere).

If (or rather when) he starts consitutional amendments there will be no reason to hold elections until it's over, so I voted a year.

He might be forced down before that due to political infighting but I don't see any popular support to disrupt his govt work, especially if const reform is under way.

Despite cries of a silent coup he's not going to work for the generals or whoever, and those people do not have their hidden agenda like Thaksin had.

People can only protest against his policies but bad policies alone had NEVER forced the govt down here. People do not care too much about them, and they are not very different from whatever PTP would propose anyway. Basically a non-issue, not enough to force people on the streets.

Basically, reds have no real cause to rally around.

If he truly is as decent a guy as some people say he is then he should call elections sooner rather than later and get is own mandate..

That's assuming a lot though. (that he's both decent AND not a coward.)

Also, perhaps he feels that with the roses and holding hands with Newin he's already got a man-date? :o

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If he truly is as decent a guy as some people say he is then he should call elections sooner rather than later and get is own mandate.

He already has a mandate, as do all (remaining!) elected members of parliament. The present coalition government is just as valid as the last coalition government. PPP never had a majority either.

I think that if this Goverment does not get it right Then the Military will step in and that is how it will stay,No point in going round in circles,You must have stability if you want to survive in this Global Economy,Good luck Thailand Hope you can make it.......

The red's main goal is to fight with Army coups. They will lie in front of tanks and Army will need to kill about 50,000 to 100,000 reds if they want to make a coup. When the illegal PAD was protesting, the reds had watched closely whether tanks would have been run into town. They would have blocked tanks.

However there was a coup by another name already so the handsome Ab- is now PM.

Other parties going up? No big problem as they still can fight in politics.

I'll give the new coalition 6 months before the wheels fall off due to infighting and money-induced defections from the Shinawatra clan. Economically, he's coming in at a very bad time too. Not a good time to be making 'big promises'.

Only this time he could sneak in. The law the Anti-Thaksin side made cut out members so PTP did not have enough voice on 15 Dec.

He can never make it the regular way like Khun Thaksin.