Pr

Shit day today

Just a warning for anyone applying for PR.

I went down today with all the documents in order but they told me my salary was too low. The min salary is at least 100,000 a month. Mine is 60,000. I even went with an old dear from the visa section from my schhol who knew a few people. I tried to use the i have bought a condo a car to help with my application but they were having none of it. At least they told me to keep my 7,600 instead of applying and losing it. My fellow teacher who earns 100,000 a month got an interview in March. The thing is he is always moaning about the Thais and he ###### gets it. He even moaned when we came out about having to go and get some documents certified. Not bitter and good luck to him BUT IT MAKES U THINK 100,000 and moan like ###### or 60,000 and love Thailand and get kicked in the balls.

Well at least christmas is here and i can punch santa when he arrives HO HO.

Merry christmas everyone

ho ho, dearly bad news indeed. three years ago an income of around 50'000 was still good enough, brought you through without major problems if other circumstances were positive.

cant you talk with your employer to at least make your income look like a hundred grand?

dont worry about your fellow teacher. if they got a hint he's a cheapy the let him fail. its not just money talkin'

Shit day today

Just a warning for anyone applying for PR.

I went down today with all the documents in order but they told me my salary was too low. The min salary is at least 100,000 a month. Mine is 60,000. I even went with an old dear from the visa section from my schhol who knew a few people. I tried to use the i  have bought a condo a car to help with my application but they were having none of it. At least they told me to keep my 7,600 instead of applying and losing it. My fellow teacher who earns 100,000 a month got an interview in March. The thing is he is always moaning about the Thais and he ###### gets it. He even moaned when we came out about having to go and get some documents certified. Not bitter and good luck to him BUT IT MAKES U THINK 100,000 and moan like ###### or 60,000 and love Thailand and get kicked in the balls.

Well at least christmas is here and i can punch santa when he arrives HO HO.

Merry christmas everyone

Just to clarify, did an immigration officer actually say it had to be 100,000B/month? Or are you concluding that on the basis of your friend's successful application?

And did you have a yellow thabian baan (house registration) booklet for your condo to show?

Sorry to hear about your PR application.

One of the many reoccuring questions I ask myself (annually) is exactly what the benefits of PR status are that gives this an attraction over having a work permit - minus the fact that you may, one day, want to apply for citizenship?

I've been eligible for PR (both time wise and salary wise) for over 6 years now, but I've never seen the value of applying - as I don't want to become a Thai citizen.

Can I ask, if you have a valid WP, aside from any potential citizen question: what extra value did you see in applying for PR?

Cheers

SM :o

PR provides many priviledges - dont forget politically this is still a not unrisky country.

first of all PR grants some more guarantee being able to stay here as a foreigner if other visas may get recalled.

I simply dont trust the visa-policies here - this is why I applied for PR.

furthermore, in dealing with banks you can apply for mortages, you dont have to present certain papers, and so on.

many other small priviledges, but first of all is a better feeling of security.

i got my family and all money here. and if they decide not to extend my visa?

I see what you are saying; but even with PR you're still subject to annual visa renewals - aren't you?

The only advantage I saw with PR is that you are not subject to the 49% condo rule, I never realized there was a visa exemption / ease as well.

SM  :o

With PR you don't have to get annual visa extensions but you do have to get an annual stamp from the local police station in your residence book, you do need a WP if working, and you do need a re-entry visa when leaving the country.

The main advantage is you wouldn't have to leave the country within 7 days if you lost your job, or if you retired. So it means you have time to look for a new job or, in the case of retirement, you can live on a small income instead of having to show 800K every year for a retirement visa.

Other advantages are you can sit on the board of a public company and buy a condo without having to prove the money came from overseas.

the police stamps can be done every five years.

and if you dont leave the country you dont need an exit visa.

its simple: PR is an unlimited visa. you can stay here even if you have no job.

so if you surprisingly get kicked out of a previously secure job it doesnt matter too much with a PR - as you're a local resident.