Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to pimp up my side lights on the way home last night and put two green lights in to get rid of those yellow tinged side lights. This pic doesn't give much clue to how they look so I will take another one during the day.

60 baht for the two lights.

Keep those good times rolling.

Decided to pimp up my side lights on the way home last night and put two green lights in to get rid of those yellow tinged side lights. This pic doesn't give much clue to how they look so I will take another one during the day.

60 baht for the two lights.

Keep those good times rolling.

Heh heh- the mods never end, do they mate? Ride On! T

They should not rent out so easy big motorbikes. I think at least once a month there is a serious accident with forgeiners on a big bike. And at least 3 to4 times a year with deadly ending. And indeed sometimes not only the drivers.

I do not care if someone wants to drive like hell and kills himself, but please clean up the mess yourself and do not hurt other people.

Chang Noi

Own a er-6n rode it to Kon Kaen about 74 klms from home developed a rattle sounded like the left hand side of motor.Rode back to home where I made it to 4klms from home where had to pull up for Thai woman in black ute who owned the road and bugger me.The bike stalled then it would not start again.On closer inspection it was leaking oil from like a round hose with a circlip on it under the back of the fuel tank, this hose seems to go to a large rectangular box with a clear plastic hose coming from the right hand side this hose has oil in it too.The bike seemed to of nearly run out of oil even though no oil light was on ,on the dash.the bike refused to start I got some oil from the honda shop put in the bike.then let the bike cool down for awhile after 3 attemps she finally fired upgot the wife on the back and rode the last 3-4 klms home where the bike wanted to snuff out at low revs.Also the rattle first mentioned was not present all the time just at a certain rev range any help appreciated as dont have a manual looks like a dealer in udon thani might have to try and get it there.Thanks

On closer inspection it was leaking oil from like a round hose with a circlip on it under the back of the fuel tank, this hose seems to go to a large rectangular box with a clear plastic hose coming from the right hand side this hose has oil in it too.

needpics1.gif

Sorry mate, I'm looking at my ER6 and just can't figure out what you're talking about...

On closer inspection it was leaking oil from like a round hose with a circlip on it under the back of the fuel tank, this hose seems to go to a large rectangular box with a clear plastic hose coming from the right hand side this hose has oil in it too.

needpics1.gif

Sorry mate, I'm looking at my ER6 and just can't figure out what you're talking about...

if you look under the rear of the fuel tank i removed the black plastic decoration anyway under the rear of the fuel-tank i have a black rectangular plastic(i think)box with a blackhose on the left side and a clear hose on the righthand side which veers over to the left of the motor i have a oil leak from the black hose not the clear one but the clear hose has oil in it too but not full where it meets the motor theres about 3-4 inches of oil in it.Just had another look if you look about 12 inches above where your gear stick spline is look above the frame you will see the hose I'm talking about with a circlip on it

Own a er-6n rode it to Kon Kaen about 74 klms from home developed a rattle sounded like the left hand side of motor.Rode back to home where I made it to 4klms from home where had to pull up for Thai woman in black ute who owned the road and bugger me.The bike stalled then it would not start again.On closer inspection it was leaking oil from like a round hose with a circlip on it under the back of the fuel tank, this hose seems to go to a large rectangular box with a clear plastic hose coming from the right hand side this hose has oil in it too.

I think I had this happen. Maybe. Once on the ER-6n, and once on the Versys. Photos would make this a lot easier. Anyway, my "solution" was to drive to the dealer where it was promptly fixed. The leak was small enough that I noticed it long before anything ran out of oil - the smell of burnt oil on the engine is rather distinct... I'd smell it every time I came to a stop. So.... put oil in it, and drive her to the dealer!

This is bullshit , rented a er6n with a new slip-on yesterday in patong (from the german guys near safari at the end of patong), And today when i was going to take a ride i noticed someone have stolen the slip-on tonight....

what to do now? i called the german guy who told me to come to the shop in 2 hours..... I guess i will have to pay for it? ....

Edited by jahsoldier

This is bullshit , rented a er6n with a new slip-on yesterday in patong (from the german guys near safari at the end of patong), And today when i was going to take a ride i noticed someone have stolen the slip-on tonight....

what to do now? i called the german guy who told me to come to the shop in 2 hours..... I guess i will have to pay for it? ....

should have Insurance, but if not

a friend has new slip ons at 16900 baht here in Phuket. PM if needed. I know Teera Phuket charges 25k for most brands

Bloody hell. I'm assuming a rental place would have insurance on theft?

yeah i hope so, but the bike wasnt locked inside a garage or something like that, don't know if that will give me problems.... I live in very quite place (kamala) on a small road and u can't really see the bike..... but i guess someone did.... (or heared me when i pulled in) ....=/

Edited by jahsoldier

a friend has new slip ons at 16900 baht here in Phuket. PM if needed. I know Teera Phuket charges 25k for most brands

Okey thanks will do so if needed.

And that guy usually keeps 10k baht and your passport. Good luck.

That is the second slip on to fall off/get stolen off an ER6n/Ninja650 in Phuket that I am aware of. People are going to start thinking I am stealing them! (I am the above mentioned friend with an Arrow slip on for sale)

Bummer, unfortunately bike in your possession you will have to pay. Most rental places carry liability insurance only... What kind of pipe was it?

Bummer, unfortunately bike in your possession you will have to pay. Most rental places carry liability insurance only... What kind of pipe was it?

Didn't check what kind it was yesterday, hope some cheap ass crap:P ...well... off to the shop now and see what they say...

Didn't check what kind it was yesterday, hope some cheap ass crap:P ...well... off to the shop now and see what they say...

dollarman lost most of his 2 bros, and 2 bros accepted warranty claim as they where aware of this happening on occasions. They shipped him a new one, had to pay taxes again tho. Should check if any exhaust parts left

I ll have to go down in the garage to check if my 2 bros is still there :D

dollarman lost most of his 2 bros, and 2 bros accepted warranty claim as they where aware of this happening on occasions. They shipped him a new one, had to pay taxes again tho. Should check if any exhaust parts left

I ll have to go down in the garage to check if my 2 bros is still there :D

From OP's post it sounds like the pipe didn't fall off but was stolen.... (Not that that will make much difference to the owner either way...)

i would say it's a bit strange that there is a BRAND NEW slip on muffler on a rental bike anyway.... It sounds to me like a set up.. hire the bike.. slip on gets "stolen" renter pays up.. then slip on maybe goes back on for the next guy.... repeat process.... maybe not. just sayingwhistling.gif

i would say it's a bit strange that there is a BRAND NEW slip on muffler on a rental bike anyway.... It sounds to me like a set up.. hire the bike.. slip on gets "stolen" renter pays up.. then slip on maybe goes back on for the next guy.... repeat process.... maybe not. just sayingwhistling.gif

The guy don't know where i stay so i don't think it was a set up. First time in 6 years something get stolen he said, dam_n unlucky.

well, i drove the bike a total of maby 30 minutes yesterday and the bill: 20.000 baht..... yep i have to pay 18k for the slip-on=/

The guy don't know where i stay so i don't think it was a set up. First time in 6 years something get stolen he said, dam_n unlucky.

well, i drove the bike a total of maby 30 minutes yesterday and the bill: 20.000 baht..... yep i have to pay 18k for the slip-on=/

Ouch, that sucks, I'd never park my bike on a public street overnight...

Ouch, that sucks, I'd never park my bike on a public street overnight...

Yeah, sucks BIG TIME=/, but im still going to have my big bike weekend so im going to rent some other bike with original parts haha..... im NOT going to ride my cbr150 this weekend no matter the cost haha.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all my first years first class insurance has just run out and i am looking at renewing. I was with The Thai Setakij last year and paid about 8,500 for 180,000 cover which was sorted out from the dealer where i got the bike from. I have been in touch with then and they say they no longer do insurance for bi bike and have recommended AR which is 12,891 and only covers 160,000. Have any of come come across any better deal.

Thanks Kev

HI all my first years first class insurance has just run out and i am looking at renewing. I was with The Thai Setakij last year and paid about 8,500 for 180,000 cover which was sorted out from the dealer where i got the bike from. I have been in touch with then and they say they no longer do insurance for bi bike and have recommended AR which is 12,891 and only covers 160,000. Have any of come come across any better deal.

Thanks Kev