Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What mirror do you need F or N, they are different, I have both. You can borrow one from me and give it back

when you receive the one you ordered from Kawa.

Oh, I did not know that they were different.. Im looking for mirror for the old Er6F. I want to buy it though, since Im going abroad with the bike.

Time to revitalize this thread!

I just arrived in Pattaya with my 650R from Phnom Penh and I need the 30k km service. Where is the best place for this service in Pattaya, and what should they replace/fix?

You've had that bike for a while now. Still the same black F you had when you were living down here right? So now you are moving to Cambodia? What did you end up doing about that 2 bros. that kept falling apart?

"You've had that bike for a while now. Still the same black F you had when you were living down here right? So now you are moving to Cambodia? What did you end up doing about that 2 bros. that kept falling apart? "

Still the same bike. I brought it down to Phnom Penh for 4-5 months and just came back from there, but Im heading back there in a few days.

The 2 bros was fixed by changing from rivets to some sort of screws, no problems over the last 10k km.

Edited by dollarman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Found a Two Bros carbon exhaust clone on Aliexpress. Looks like the real thing...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Muffler-Silencer-for-Kawasaki-2009-2010-ER6N-Motorcycle-Spare-Part-Accessory/438135_1544742391.html

Anyone tried Chinese aftermarket parts? Worth to spend the money? Looks good on the pics and it's half the price of the original one...

Found a Two Bros carbon exhaust clone on Aliexpress. Looks like the real thing...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Muffler-Silencer-for-Kawasaki-2009-2010-ER6N-Motorcycle-Spare-Part-Accessory/438135_1544742391.html

Anyone tried Chinese aftermarket parts? Worth to spend the money? Looks good on the pics and it's half the price of the original one...

That's same type like K-Speed selling. I would say middle class but most likely you will loose some hp with these kind of local exhaust cause they are common designed not specifically for a model.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmJloJfw7iA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Hili

Not much one could do wrong for 255$. I ordered one, lets see. I don't mind the power, rather the noise. The stock exhaust is too quiet. Safety issue. If it is as they say as shown on the pics it would be a great deal. Eventually it is a 1:1 copy also internally.

That's about the same, bit cheaper even. Thanks for the tip. K-Speed doesn't have the O2 sensor as it looks (Honda version you linked). Will report back when I have it.

Edited by MadMac

• 1 month later...

Did some in-depth cleaning to get rid of the brown Sand. New high pressure cleaner did a good job. Still the exhaust is a no go, burnt in. Need to get that polished. The same time spray the plastic and tank new.

Anyone with a recommended workshop in CNX for both?

bike_clean.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, newbie here. I'm new to this forum and wondering if there are reliable sources for used parts outside of Issan for early ER-6's. I have an '07, Japan production, naked that's recovering from a serious crash and I would like to find resonably priced parts in-country for the reconstruction. I'm taped-out after finding the stuff on E-Bay and shipping it here.

I haven't read all the 3000+ posts on this topic but hoping that someone reading this can suggest a party to work with. Am willing to pay shipping through Thai Post or possibly EMS for goods and can Paypal or bank transfer. Tired of dealing with the accessory scoundrels in Bangkok. I also have stuff to trade from the '07 naked and a '10 f-model. Would love to get either one of them on the road again. My kingdom for an '06-'08 naked, right hand shroud with all the mounting points intact and a fuel tank with very few dings. I welcome your contacts at: <email removed, use PM function to contact> Please note in the subject line, "naked parts" or something similar so I don't think it's spam. Thanks.

post-205223-0-35441200-1395487003_thumb.

Edited by metisdead

Hi, newbie here. I'm new to this forum and wondering if there are reliable sources for used parts outside of Issan for early ER-6's. I have an '07, Japan production, naked that's recovering from a serious crash and I would like to find resonably priced parts in-country for the reconstruction. I'm taped-out after finding the stuff on E-Bay and shipping it here.

I haven't read all the 3000+ posts on this topic but hoping that someone reading this can suggest a party to work with. Am willing to pay shipping through Thai Post or possibly EMS for goods and can Paypal or bank transfer. Tired of dealing with the accessory scoundrels in Bangkok. I also have stuff to trade from the '07 naked and a '10 f-model. Would love to get either one of them on the road again. My kingdom for an '06-'08 naked, right hand shroud with all the mounting points intact and a fuel tank with very few dings. I welcome your contacts at: [email protected] Please note in the subject line, "naked parts" or something similar so I don't think it's spam. Thanks.

The tank may only be 2000 baht for a new replacement OEM. It was 2000 baht at Kawasaki in Pattaya 3 months ago for a 2011 ER6n- Ninja 650.

Thanks, Beardog. I've been the dealer route and stiffed everytime by at least the dealers in Issan. The naked was officially introduced to Thailand and the US in 2009 and no dealer I've ever spoken with will order or be responsible for parts before that date. I appear to be orphaned and on my own. I don't know about the f-model as to year of introduction to Thailand but am pretty sure it's the same story for any early 06' to '08 f. Dealers in the North have exactly four things for the ER's and that is oil, oil filters, Italian brake fluid and the wrong spark plugs. They refuse to inventory so much as a nut or a bolt.

I have the fuel tank and the complete front end from my '10 f-model on it now so I can road test parts as they become available or show up at my door from Florida recycling yards but, there's always that last nine yards to go. The '09 to '11 tanks hook up but neither the new nor old style plastic side covers fit any more. I would have to call in my plastic designer for that one to work. The whole front end was smashed and every plastic piece on the right side sheared off. The only reason I'm doing such a whacky thing like reconstructing it is that the frame isn't bent and the sweet engine doesn't have a scratch on it.

I've started a list of countries represented on E-Bay that only insult their buyers who are looking for quality early parts at a right price. Also, there's a clock ticking away in that the parts are disappearing for the earlies by the minute. The plastic stuff and fuel tanks seem to be the first to go. Here's a great example less than a week old. On German E-Bay I found the polycarbonate, clear plastic headlight lense (no gasket, no clips, nothin') for 200 USD. That's a week's supply of groceries for my family so I think I know the answer to that one.

Thanks for reading my stuff and I'll keep on looking.

Thanks, Beardog. I've been the dealer route and stiffed everytime by at least the dealers in Issan. The naked was officially introduced to Thailand and the US in 2009 and no dealer I've ever spoken with will order or be responsible for parts before that date. I appear to be orphaned and on my own. I don't know about the f-model as to year of introduction to Thailand but am pretty sure it's the same story for any early 06' to '08 f. Dealers in the North have exactly four things for the ER's and that is oil, oil filters, Italian brake fluid and the wrong spark plugs. They refuse to inventory so much as a nut or a bolt.

I have the fuel tank and the complete front end from my '10 f-model on it now so I can road test parts as they become available or show up at my door from Florida recycling yards but, there's always that last nine yards to go. The '09 to '11 tanks hook up but neither the new nor old style plastic side covers fit any more. I would have to call in my plastic designer for that one to work. The whole front end was smashed and every plastic piece on the right side sheared off. The only reason I'm doing such a whacky thing like reconstructing it is that the frame isn't bent and the sweet engine doesn't have a scratch on it.

I've started a list of countries represented on E-Bay that only insult their buyers who are looking for quality early parts at a right price. Also, there's a clock ticking away in that the parts are disappearing for the earlies by the minute. The plastic stuff and fuel tanks seem to be the first to go. Here's a great example less than a week old. On German E-Bay I found the polycarbonate, clear plastic headlight lense (no gasket, no clips, nothin') for 200 USD. That's a week's supply of groceries for my family so I think I know the answer to that one.

Thanks for reading my stuff and I'll keep on looking.

before you start to restore this bike, you have to keep in mind that a second hand 2009 - 2010 model thai kawa er6f is going for 150 k thb.

So, if your restoration expenses will be close to that or more - it looks like it will - just get a second hand Thai made kawa er6f.

Of course, if you like to restore this bike and if you are looking it as a hobby or have some emotional ties with it, that is another story.

Ya, I entertain that great debate everytime I look out on my carport and see the wreck. Right now it's just parts and worth almost nothing. It is on my list to sell it, and as a matter of fact, I was in the process of doing just that when a family member helped me out with my problem of having too much money and spare time. If I can get it back on the road cheaply I may be able to recover some of the money. The things I'm buying for it are usually rock bottom stuff with free or low cost shipping (read, China). Some of the parts are shared with later models of the same bike but Kawasaki Thailand gets almost the same prices for it's stuff as Stateside and that's no deal. I can find $1000 fuel tanks with $400 shipping in Euro land but, that's why I'm looking for local sources for things.

I don't want another hobby and my experience so far suggests it's going to be a long grind to get it roadworthy. I really want to ride my '10 which is my test bed for technical ideas and my plaything. It's recovering from a broken piston, waiting ages for simple nuts and bolts from Kawasaki and has temporarily donated it's front end to the other wreck. I must confess a soft spot in my heart for the early models which were rough around the edges and a wonderful raw experience. It's like banging around on huge British singles. I call the '07 my 'Primal Scream'.

It's a flip of a coin...heads I have a spare engine and frame, tails I have a bike to sell...maybe.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I've been entertaining the idea of getting a ER6n since they came out here in 2009. Lately I have a bit more cash to spare, so I thought I take the chance and get one. After some research, I found this 09 model (no ABS I believe) with only 69km. Yes, you read it right....69km on the clock! It's in showroom condition. Will go to check it out on Saturday. Just as a rough indication, what would you pay for it?

It's basically a new bike, but it's been sitting for 5years.... should I look out for certain areas?

I have to add that it's exactly what I was looking for, color, condition, and price wise seems ok as well.

Will go to check it out on Saturday. Just as a rough indication, what would you pay for it?

Maybe 170,00 if it's legit and all the paperwork is in order.

i.e. it's not financed, owned by ex-girlfriend that has disappeared, lost green book, etc

Will go to check it out on Saturday. Just as a rough indication, what would you pay for it?

Maybe 170,00 if it's legit and all the paperwork is in order.

i.e. it's not financed, owned by ex-girlfriend that has disappeared, lost green book, etc

Or a crashed bike with a new speedo?

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seems like it's a "she", well off and frequently abroad. Said her driver took care of maintenance and tax...

I guess if it has more than 69km, it should be quite easy to spot.

I would be prepared to spend a bit more than 160k if everything is legit. Asking price is 175k now, was 190k 2 months ago.

Edited by OmegaRacer

160 k or burst.

What does that mean?

I think there was an extra "r" in there

There is a old saying xxx or bust wink.png

Bike looks very clean but it is 100% a buyers market now with good clean er6's turning up frequently

I saw one same year same color but with Pirelli's & some other things for 170k

Not sure what the mileage was but bike was very clean

Sadly here there is no regulation on mileage

Anyone can change a speedo anytime & it is cheap.

Mine broke at 5k km & Kawasaki put a new one

I asked about mileage being 5k short now & they just laughed

PS: pretty easy to tell if only 69km though as stock tires would still have all the little

titties on them :)

Edited by mania