Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Regarding the guys at Kawasaki shop on Rama 9...

The are great.

They earned their place on my good list.

Up to a point. When pressed on the products in question, their knowledge is somewhat limited. Obviously they do not do their homework.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys....... can anyone tell me Rama 9s policy for the 1st service? Im on 958km. They have stated that it will need service at 1000km.

I want to use the bike tomorrow...... when it arrives at Kwak it will have 1090km.... does this invalidate my warantee? :)

Do I need to slide them a beer or two to look the other way?

:D

Don't worry....it wont make a scrap of difference, if it was 1800km they might raise eyebrows

Hi All,

Just to update you all now back home in Thailand Khon Kaen. My ER6n was there as promised by dealer, my wife managed to get me free full face helmet also jacket in with the deal. I went yesterday to pick up insurance and saw private plate which numbers were on display in shop 999 down to 111 only 400 baht so bought one :D happy with my number and very happy with bike. :D

I would like to thank all replies about buying good helmet in Thailand all I need now is good gloves……any idea were in KK area :) .

OK guy’s time to ride……stay upright.

Bikerman.

Hi All,

Just to update you all now back home in Thailand Khon Kaen. My ER6n was there as promised by dealer, my wife managed to get me free full face helmet also jacket in with the deal. I went yesterday to pick up insurance and saw private plate which numbers were on display in shop 999 down to 111 only 400 baht so bought one :D happy with my number and very happy with bike. :D

I would like to thank all replies about buying good helmet in Thailand all I need now is good gloves……any idea were in KK area :) .

OK guy's time to ride……stay upright.

Bikerman.

Not 666 i hope !!!! :D

Hi All,

OK guy's time to ride……stay upright.

Bikerman.

Not 666 i hope !!!! :D

Dont worry Rickster :D from Khon Kaen, I went for 77 as 777 would have taken long time, 77 couple of weeks :D

Stay upright :D

Decided to plug the PAIR valve and get rid of the hoses-

0728PAIRValve1.jpg

Pair Valve plugged with silicone caps.

0728PAIRValve.jpg

Airbox breather outlet plugged.

0728PAIRValve2.jpg

Exhaust intake plugged.

0728PAIRValve3.jpg

A view from the airbox to the PAIR valve after plugging both and removing the hose.

0728SlcnCap.jpg

Here are the Silicone Caps I used to get the job done.

And in case you're wondering what the heck it's all about: The PAIR valve is an emissions-related system found on automotive vehicles. It's function is to deliver air to the exhaust stream during a pre-set engine speed range. the function of the air in the exhaust stream is to burn off any excess, unspent fuel (hydrocarbons) that may have leaked out with the exhaust cycle. This mixture eventually joins with the Catalytic Converter and the hydrocarbons are catalyzed (chemically reacted) into normal exhaust by-products. Most DIY owners will plug this system in one way or another. Plugging it has no adverse affect on performance and leaving it open affords no advantages. It is simply an emissions reduction part.

This system is completely useless in the event that the original muffler/catalytic converter is removed. Most slip-on exhaust muffler systems do not come with a catalytic converter and without a catalytic converter there is no hydrocarbon catalyzation and the PAIR valve becomes useless. Also, when no catalytic conveter is present, the existing hydrocarbons, when mixed with the PAIR stream, cause spontaneous combustion inside the muffler. This results in backfires and, at times, flames. plugging the PAIR valve prevents air from entering the stream and thus prevents combustion in the exhaust due to a lack of oxygen.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey All!

I'm also interested in getting rid of the charcoal canister and am not sure which hoses can be plugged or need to be re-routed...

0728ChrclCan1.jpg

I'm assuming I can replace the two hoses that come off the gas tank with longer hoses that will drain under the bike.

But what about the two hoses that connect to the carburators? I'm wondering if there will be any problem if I just plug them...

Thanks for any advice you can send my way!

Happy Trails,

Tony

^ Plug the throttle bodies. No worries.

One of the pipe is the overflow, and the other is the vent.

For safety have the overflow pipe vent into a can or plastic bottle to begin with.

The vent just leave as is.

Mine caught fire when I removed the junk from my bike!!

Solved it by rerouting the pipe elsewhere. Dumb Thai mechanic routed it, to exit just above the exhaust. Which at the time, would burp flames....

^ Also if you're a track nut. It removes unnecessary weight from the bike.

Thanks for your advice Travelmate!

Heh heh, well, no, I'm not really a track nut like you, but I also don't see the point in carrying around the unnecessary weight.

Also installed the new Two Bros Juice Box Fuel Injection Controller yesterday and the bike runs smoother and pulls a lot harder now! :)

0728JuiceBox.jpg

Piece of cake to install- just plug it in, ground it, and you're good to go!

Happy Trails!

Tony

For safety have the overflow pipe vent into a can or plastic bottle to begin with.

Solved it by rerouting the pipe elsewhere. Dumb Thai mechanic routed it, to exit just above the exhaust. Which at the time, would burp flames....

LOL- my only problem is I'm too dumb to figure out which hose is the overflow and which is the vent... :D

Guess it doesn't really matter- I'll just make sure both can drain to somewhere where they're not going to catch on fire! :)

Superbike Pete is making a border run to Cambo this weekend- I'm thinking about tagging along. Interested?

Ride On!

Tony

LOL- my only problem is I'm too dumb to figure out which hose is the overflow and which is the vent... :D

Guess it doesn't really matter- I'll just make sure both can drain to somewhere where they're not going to catch on fire! :)

Superbike Pete is making a border run to Cambo this weekend- I'm thinking about tagging along. Interested?

Ride On!

Tony

I might be interested.

Details? Which day?

Tony, did that help with all the backfiring?

Hiya Liam,

Yes- the mods have greatly reduced the backfiring.

Since I plugged the PAIR valve and installed the Juice Box at the same time I'm not really sure which mod had the greater effect on backfiring. Plugging the PAIR valve should help as it eliminates oxygen from the exhaust, while the Juice Box should also help by optimizing fuel/air mix.

You could try plugging the PAIR valve on your bike first to see if you notice a difference. Easy to do and completely reversible. Let me know if you notice a difference.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement rear tyre for the ER6n? I've just had a nail pulled out the rear tyre. A Tyre shop plugged the hole but I don't feel that safe on the repaired tyre.

Hi Big Guns,

A properly plugged tire is completely safe, but if you still want to replace you can find a new 160/60 size rear tire for 3000-7000 Baht depending on what brand you like. My favorite tire shop in Bangkok is ShowPow on Onnut. Other popular places are Paddock, Red Baron, and Chinatown. I think you live in Rayong, right? Graham from High Side Tours at BIRA can hook you up with a new Pirelli. For an EOM Dunlop I'd assume Kawasaki Mityon could sort you out.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement rear tyre for the ER6n? I've just had a nail pulled out the rear tyre. A Tyre shop plugged the hole but I don't feel that safe on the repaired tyre.

Plugging tyres has become illegal in Europe, except for trucks with speedlimiter not able to drive faster than 80kmh. If its done properly from the inside it could be good for 150kmh, but if its thai plug and drive from the outside get a new one

Edited by katabeachbum

"maybe a rumour. ER6N with ABS in Thailand due Sept @ 250,000. Green, Orange, Black"

so wasnt a rumour then

I think we can confirm it's not a rumor anymore. Here is the 2010 pricelist. It's 245K baht. And the ER6f is changing to the N.America name, Ninja 650R, which (now back to rumor status) supossedly will be available this month. I'll believe it when I see mine.

post-70760-1249150093_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

Without starting another ABS vs No ABS argument, let me just say that I do prefer having it. Do you think it will be to difficult to have Kawasaki put ABS on my current ER6n? Is there any reason they would have trouble doing that?

Without starting another ABS vs No ABS argument, let me just say that I do prefer having it. Do you think it will be to difficult to have Kawasaki put ABS on my current ER6n? Is there any reason they would have trouble doing that?

I think Tony, (BigBikeBkk) said it was not hard. Can I sell you mine?

Well, actually, to be clear, I think I said it would be easy to REMOVE the ABS for those who don't like it (Bard). Always easier to remove than to install. I've spent a fair amount of time looking at the ER6f and Ninja 650R with ABS and it really seems like a very simple system that would not be very hard to add to a non ABS model. Now- whether or not you could get Kawasaki to do it for you is another question... You could probably do it yourself, but then again, brakes are one of those things where you want to be pretty darn sure you've done it right!

Your mission, HTWoodson, should you choose to accept it, will be to go ask the guys at your Kwackerzaki dealership if they can add ABS to your ER6n. Should any team member be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck! :)

Well, actually, to be clear, I think I said it would be easy to REMOVE the ABS for those who don't like it (Bard). Always easier to remove than to install. I've spent a fair amount of time looking at the ER6f and Ninja 650R with ABS and it really seems like a very simple system that would not be very hard to add to a non ABS model. Now- whether or not you could get Kawasaki to do it for you is another question... You could probably do it yourself, but then again, brakes are one of those things where you want to be pretty darn sure you've done it right!

Your mission, HTWoodson, should you choose to accept it, will be to go ask the guys at your Kwackerzaki dealership if they can add ABS to your ER6n. Should any team member be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck! :D

:) 555

I'll try my secret weapon on them... pizzas.

And Scubabuddha, when the time comes let me know, I would be interested in picking up someone's "like new' abs kit. Only bad part is that by the time you guys finally get your "F" bikes or the ABS ER6n's I'll probably already be back at work somewhere outside of Thailand. :D

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n for sale. 0419BRCMeAvatar.jpg

My ER6n has been great, but it's time to make room for a new bike so she's gotta go!

~16,xxx km. Never crashed. Never dropped.

Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On Exhaust. (Stock exhaust included in sale).

Two Brothers Juice Box.

Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster.

PAIR Valve Plugged.

Air Box Baffles Removed.

DIY Tail Tidy.

Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders, Bar End Protectors and Swing Arm Spools.

ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector.

Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro.

Insurance paid through January 2010.

Value of mods is over 30,000 Baht.

Price is 200,000 Baht with all of the mods above.

180,000 Baht stock.

Here's the ThaiVisa ad: 2009 Kawasaki ER6n for sale

Happy Trails,

Tony