Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The raiser on the Versys will not fit the ER6. It's a complete different connection to the top clamp. I have raised the handlebars on my ER6n by 35mm using simple raisers (locally made). It's such a pleasure drving the bike now. The load on my wrists and shoulders is completly gone. I know many people don't like to raise the bars but IMO it's one of the best things you can do to the bike (anyhow for me it's a touring bike not a racing bike):D

In terms of cables, 35mm is the maximum you can go not to get into trouble with the length. I will post a picture tonight.

Cheerio!

FWIW you should never have a "load" on your wrists and shoulders... If you do then you are not riding the bike correctly. Try gripping the tank with your knees and supporting your weight with your core muscles. :)

Depends on your size Tony.. Taller riders often get pitched forward on smaller bikes.. My Baby blade was killer for this.

The raiser on the Versys will not fit the ER6. It's a complete different connection to the top clamp. I have raised the handlebars on my ER6n by 35mm using simple raisers (locally made). It's such a pleasure drving the bike now. The load on my wrists and shoulders is completly gone. I know many people don't like to raise the bars but IMO it's one of the best things you can do to the bike (anyhow for me it's a touring bike not a racing bike):D

In terms of cables, 35mm is the maximum you can go not to get into trouble with the length. I will post a picture tonight.

Cheerio!

FWIW you should never have a "load" on your wrists and shoulders... If you do then you are not riding the bike correctly. Try gripping the tank with your knees and supporting your weight with your core muscles. :)

Depends on your size Tony.. Taller riders often get pitched forward on smaller bikes.. My Baby blade was killer for this.

It's not so much about the size of the rider or the geometry of the bike. Even I'm only 5'10" tall I assure you my Gixxer has a very aggressive geometry and the bars are very low and forward. Even so, I do NOT rest my weight on the bars. That is improper technique.

Safe Riding

Proper Body Positioning

http://www.cycleconnections.com/articledetail.asp?ID=481&TypeID=24

Keeping your inside elbow locked, and using the weight of your upper body on that arm to countersteer is a common, lazy habit. This prevents you from making small steering corrections, and limits your control of the motorcycle. Any bump in the road can upset your upper body, and that movement will transmit directly down your locked arm and into the bar-unintentionally steering your bike. It's important to remember that the handlebar is more for steering your machine rather than for holding onto. Experiment holding your body in position using your stomach muscles and pressing your outside knee against the tank, while keeping your elbows bent with as much weight off the bars as possible.

Using the centered riding stance puts your outside knee in the correct position and will help to distribute your weight properly. Try variations until you find something comfortable. With as little weight on your arms as possible, you'll find it much easier to make small steering corrections, and bumps won’t unsettle your bike as much because your weight has a reduced effect on steering. Also, make sure to experiment with foot position to find what works best for you. It's usually best to keep your toes on the footpegs, especially the inner foot to avoid dragging. If you like to use the rear brake, keep your foot as far back and tucked in as possible.

My Baby blade was killer for this.

"was"?! What happened to your blade LivinLOS?!

Another good article on proper body position but too long to copy and paste: http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_0608_body_positioning_steering_techniques/index.html

"keep weight off your hands and wrists on the bars"

"grip the bars like you would hold a bird in your hand: tight enough to keep the bird from getting away, but not so tight as to crush it"

"Think of your body as part of the suspension, not part of the chassis. Use your back and abdominal muscles to help support your upper body weight and keep a light touch on the bars for improved feedback and stability."

Ride On!

Tony

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010dSSR.jpg

Cheerio!

It's not so much about the size of the rider or the geometry of the bike. Even I'm only 5'10" tall I assure you my Gixxer has a very aggressive geometry and the bars are very low and forward. Even so, I do NOT rest my weight on the bars. That is improper technique.

Safe Riding

Proper Body Positioning

http://www.cycleconn...D=481&TypeID=24

Keeping your inside elbow locked, and using the weight of your upper body on that arm to countersteer is a common, lazy habit. This prevents you from making small steering corrections, and limits your control of the motorcycle. Any bump in the road can upset your upper body, and that movement will transmit directly down your locked arm and into the bar-unintentionally steering your bike. It's important to remember that the handlebar is more for steering your machine rather than for holding onto. Experiment holding your body in position using your stomach muscles and pressing your outside knee against the tank, while keeping your elbows bent with as much weight off the bars as possible.

Using the centered riding stance puts your outside knee in the correct position and will help to distribute your weight properly. Try variations until you find something comfortable. With as little weight on your arms as possible, you'll find it much easier to make small steering corrections, and bumps won't unsettle your bike as much because your weight has a reduced effect on steering. Also, make sure to experiment with foot position to find what works best for you. It's usually best to keep your toes on the footpegs, especially the inner foot to avoid dragging. If you like to use the rear brake, keep your foot as far back and tucked in as possible.

I find good practice in NOT holding the handlebars down hill or decellerating, and simply steer with my knees. When I put hands back on handlebars again, still maintain good grip with thighs/knees not loading wrists.

Cheerio!

I also believe that the way people are build affects the "ideal" driving position. And..... some people have back problems and therefor compensate certain activities by using other muscles.B)

Cheerio!

@Nickymaster

Indeed all bodies are different(and I like to explore the differnces of the female bodies), that is why it is actually very weird that most of the motorbikes are almost not adjustable. Seat-hight would be nice to make adjustable, as also the way of the seating, as adjustable handle-bars (in hight and distance). Not to speak about the foot-pegs and so on.

Weird idea? I dont think so, in cars it is normal practice. So why not on motorbikes.

Chang Noi

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics I took yesterday as Meancatdaddy and Nickymaster were at the dealer getting bits done. I mangaed to get another Pirrelli Rosso on for 6.5k. Next time I will order a sport touring tyre as this one will only last another 4k kilometers! I tried everywhere for the Battalax and others but alas, no luck and the thread was showing on my old Rossos. Arh.

Meancatdaddy got a Leo Vince underbody exhaust and it was unbelievably sweet sounding but wasn't as loud as Nickymaster's 250 Yoshi add on, on his Slime green er6n. see pics.

I didn't manage to get a pic on Meancatdaddy's Leo Vince because I was in awe of the thing when he first started it up. 23k for that. Kawasaki Pattaya now have loads of stock from Carbon Yoshis to Titanium Akrapovics @ 27k !

Me and Meancatdaddy both agree on the understated exhaust without being STUCK out the side of the bike.

Nice one Leo Vince - those Italians do know how to do things. Oh and btw good luck on your new 777k Ducati Nickymaster - can't wait to go for another ride with you on that thing hahaha.

Keep those good times rolling.

post-52293-0-67529600-1292141778_thumb.j

post-52293-0-37081900-1292141791_thumb.j

post-52293-0-53872800-1292141802_thumb.j

post-52293-0-60263600-1292141812_thumb.j

post-52293-0-99676400-1292141823_thumb.j

post-52293-0-37437900-1292141834_thumb.j

post-52293-0-68089200-1292141844_thumb.j

Some pics I took yesterday as Meancatdaddy and Nickymaster were at the dealer getting bits done. I mangaed to get another Pirrelli Rosso on for 6.5k. Next time I will order a sport touring tyre as this one will only last another 4k kilometers! I tried everywhere for the Battalax and others but alas, no luck and the thread was showing on my old Rossos. Arh.

Meancatdaddy got a Leo Vince underbody exhaust and it was unbelievably sweet sounding but wasn't as loud as Nickymaster's 250 Yoshi add on, on his Slime green er6n. see pics.

I didn't manage to get a pic on Meancatdaddy's Leo Vince because I was in awe of the thing when he first started it up. 23k for that. Kawasaki Pattaya now have loads of stock from Carbon Yoshis to Titanium Akrapovics @ 27k !

Me and Meancatdaddy both agree on the understated exhaust without being STUCK out the side of the bike.

Nice one Leo Vince - those Italians do know how to do things. Oh and btw good luck on your new 777k Ducati Nickymaster - can't wait to go for another ride with you on that thing hahaha.

170/60 Angels next - http://www.ueno-shop.com/index.php?topic=657.0

170/60 Angels next - http://www.ueno-shop...php?topic=657.0

Wow, 23k for Leo Vince

Scubabuddha has a brand new Leo Vince in Phuket for less than 20k as I recall

Not a new bike, but sure feels like it.

Just changed the tires to Pirelli Diablo Rosso (what a difference from the stock tires) and got myself a new seat so my balls don't get crushed by the tank. Rode the Samoeng loop today and it was brilliant.

Happy riding.

Chris

Next mod- Versys swingarm on ER6n!

VersysSwngarmSSR.jpg

Hope to have it ready to roll for the Kawasaki Track Day at BIRA Circuit on December 18th.

VersysSwngarmER6nSSR.jpg

See you there!

Tony

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010ZmSSR.jpg

Your not going on that track day again where we ride through cones and stop on those D trackers are you Tony?

And then get to go round for only a few laps on your own bike at the very end?sad.gif

Hello All

This is my first post on TV so I thought i'd start with a few pics of my new Mod on my new bike as mentioned by NormanW.

Here's to hoping its not the last Mod I do as im intending to do some more Very soon.

'I think i've got the bug ........in fact, I know I have'.:whistling:

MeanCatDaddy

post-118509-0-49210800-1292213909_thumb.

post-118509-0-48821800-1292213934_thumb.

post-118509-0-68462300-1292213974_thumb.

Hello All

This is my first post on TV so I thought i'd start with a few pics of my new Mod on my new bike as mentioned by NormanW.

Here's to hoping its not the last Mod I do as im intending to do some more Very soon.

MeanCatDaddy

Nice 1 Meancatdaddy and yes it sounds gorgeous, so gorgeous in fact I've ordered 1 wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

The power output was also noticeable when I rode it the other day. As mentioned before when you put on an after market exhaust you then hear that and not your engine whirling away merrily. bah.gif

Well done to Leo Vince (Italians) with an excellent discreet product. jap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifwink.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

<br />Silly question. Just got the er6n. How do I take the seat off??? I put the key in, and the thing doesn't budge!<br /><br />Thanks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hello Morien

Keep the key turned and directly above pull the seat towards the back. This will relaease the hooks and the front guide at the bottom of the fuel tank. Replace the opposite.

It can be a bit fiddley but you will get used to it.

<br />Silly question. Just got the er6n. How do I take the seat off??? I put the key in, and the thing doesn't budge!<br /><br />Thanks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hello Morien

Keep the key turned and directly above pull the seat towards the back. This will relaease the hooks and the front guide at the bottom of the fuel tank. Replace the opposite.

It can be a bit fiddley but you will get used to it.

The lock is underneath the seat by the way.

Turn and the seat will release and then just pull up. jap.gif

Hello All

MeanCatDaddy

Nice 1 Meancatdaddy and yes it sounds gorgeous, so gorgeous in fact I've ordered 1 wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

The power output was also noticeable when I rode it the other day. As mentioned before when you put on an after market exhaust you then hear that and not your engine whirling away merrily. bah.gif

Well done to Leo Vince (Italians) with an excellent discreet product. jap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifwink.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

Hello All

MeanCatDaddy

CYC colour chains - any good anyone know? CYC colour chains whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Sounds good Normski. Just wondering should I get one or wait as I'm planning to go for the Speed Triple or the Monster 796 next year.

Hello Big Guns, good to see your alive and kicking.

I would get one - no question - the difference is amazing. and when you come to sell it will be a massive pull for the buyer.

23k Baht.

And I'm looking at 1780 Baht for a green chain.

Phew, going to have to eat less to pay for all this pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep those good times rolling. :lol: :jap: :ph34r::whistling:

Sounds good Normski. Just wondering should I get one or wait as I'm planning to go for the Speed Triple or the Monster 796 next year.

Hello Big Guns, good to see your alive and kicking.

I would get one - no question - the difference is amazing. and when you come to sell it will be a massive pull for the buyer.

23k Baht.

And I'm looking at 1780 Baht for a green chain.

Phew, going to have to eat less to pay for all this pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep those good times rolling. :lol: :jap: :ph34r::whistling:

Or then again..........................

Hello All

MeanCatDaddy

CYC colour chains - any good anyone know? CYC colour chains whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Hi Norman,

I got one of those CyC color O-ring chains. I was quite satisfied with it , i had it on my Tiger Boxer 250RS (see picture attached) . It didn't stretch much at all - having had it on my Bike for appr 10000km - i then changed to a larger Bike ( with shaft drive)

Another Boxer 250 owner had it on his Bike for 22000 km and did change it than as it was "ending"

hope this helps,

mbox

post-39208-0-77983700-1292378162_thumb.j

Hi Norman,

I got one of those CyC color O-ring chains. I was quite satisfied with it , i had it on my Tiger Boxer 250RS (see picture attached) . It didn't stretch much at all - having had it on my Bike for appr 10000km - i then changed to a larger Bike ( with shaft drive)

Another Boxer 250 owner had it on his Bike for 22000 km and did change it than as it was "ending"

hope this helps,

mbox

Cheers mbox, I will order today. :)

My original has done 20 000 kms now and really has seen better days. sad.gifsad.gif

Edited by NormanW