Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

The vids of the track day can be found here http://www.youtube.c...nniethai/videos

The bike was very nervous and after some dialogue with mates it was established that my old tyres from my previous bike still had that horrible tyre-black residue on and therefore was slipping when I leaned over and/or put power down.

I saved it from high siding 3 times and that was enough for the day.

Will try and rub off the residue with sand paper but I feel new tyres would be the right answer.

Arhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'd probably just change the tire as it looked flat spotted from highway riding.Alot less contact patch while cornering with your tire the way it looked.

Edited by newf

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THought this should also be posted in here as it fits both the ER and the Ninja 650 smile.png

While reading various posts on a Thai er6 forum, i noticed 'OEM titanium exhaust' so i looked into it a little further and it seems a guy is doing a group buy on the exhaust system i have posted below. He states that the system is made in Japan (Very similar style to the Beat / Beet system) and will cost 2*,*** baht. He's in the early stages of gathering enough people to meet the minimum order, but if it is a full titanium system and cost less than 30,000B i think i would be in on that deal providing the first group buy turns out to be genuine and not a scam.

I'm not sure about the OEM part of his thread, however he has said the exhaust systems should be available Mid Feb and the exhausts are packaged in a Kawasaki branded box, but i guess anyone can dump an exhaust system into any old box....

I'll be watching this thread closely smile.png

post-59428-0-28718900-1327667792_thumb.j

post-59428-0-28974800-1327667795_thumb.j

post-59428-0-82803600-1327667797_thumb.j

post-59428-0-39969700-1327667800_thumb.j

post-59428-0-14004700-1327667804_thumb.j

post-59428-0-13686900-1327667809_thumb.j

THought this should also be posted in here as it fits both the ER and the Ninja 650 smile.png

While reading various posts on a Thai er6 forum, i noticed 'OEM titanium exhaust' so i looked into it a little further and it seems a guy is doing a group buy on the exhaust system i have posted below. He states that the system is made in Japan (Very similar style to the Beat / Beet system) and will cost 2*,*** baht. He's in the early stages of gathering enough people to meet the minimum order, but if it is a full titanium system and cost less than 30,000B i think i would be in on that deal providing the first group buy turns out to be genuine and not a scam.

I'm not sure about the OEM part of his thread, however he has said the exhaust systems should be available Mid Feb and the exhausts are packaged in a Kawasaki branded box, but i guess anyone can dump an exhaust system into any old box....

We've both Leo Vince slip ons right?

So how can we just buy the front headers?

Lovely blue colour eh?

Lovely blue colour eh?

Didn't you already order stock headers from the Mityon monkeys? Still hasn't arrived?!?! I checked at Kawa Rama 9 a little over a week ago and it's in stock there :)

Ride On!

Tony

Lovely blue colour eh?

Didn't you already order stock headers from the Mityon monkeys? Still hasn't arrived?!?! I checked at Kawa Rama 9 a little over a week ago and it's in stock there smile.png

Ride On!

Tony

Yeh, they said February and that was on Dec 20th!!!

Looks like I'll try and give Rama 9 branch a ring and get them to send it to me eh?

Or try and get over there (arhhhhh) and pick them up!!!

Killed me today with Harley23 on his 2010 er6n with Leo Vince and Nickymaster on his 1100 Monster.

Thanks by the way Nick for letting have a ride on my first Ducati.

It was sweeeeeeeet, sublime and scrumptious :)

Although letting you on my new er was a fair swap eh? hehehe. wai.gif

Video footage to come as Harley23 is downloading it as we type. jap.gif

Edited by NormanW

Sad: Been to the Kawa Dealer in Thonburi, in their Warehouse standing 2 toatlly messed up 2012 ER6Ns one white one black, seems like not all Thais are ready for something bigger than a scooter.

This is a serious problem for all big bike brands in Thailand at the moment- you have a lot of very inexperienced riders buying bikes that are more than they know how to handle...

Anyone notice how big bike insurance rates have gone through the roof here in Thailand on account of all the crashes and claims?

To that end, most big bike brands in Thailand now offer riding courses which IMO is something that should be REQUIRED for someone who has had little experience riding big bikes. Or at the very least, the sales staff should query their customers about their riding experience and strongly ENCOURAGE them to attend a riding clinic before sending them out onto Thailand's mean streets.

In Japan, Australia and much of Europe there are a graduated license systems for motorbikes where new riders have to start out on smaller bikes before they can move up to bigger bikes.

While I can't imagine that ever happening here in Thailand, I don't think it would be a bad idea...

Or you can just send 'em on their way and let Darwin sort 'em out ;)

Sad: Been to the Kawa Dealer in Thonburi, in their Warehouse standing 2 toatlly messed up 2012 ER6Ns one white one black, seems like not all Thais are ready for something bigger than a scooter.

Any pics?

no pics but you would have crying crying.gif

This is a serious problem for all big bike brands in Thailand at the moment- you have a lot of very inexperienced riders buying bikes that are more than they know how to handle...

Anyone notice how big bike insurance rates have gone through the roof here in Thailand on account of all the crashes and claims?

To that end, most big bike brands in Thailand now offer riding courses which IMO is something that should be REQUIRED for someone who has had little experience riding big bikes. Or at the very least, the sales staff should query their customers about their riding experience and strongly ENCOURAGE them to attend a riding clinic before sending them out onto Thailand's mean streets.

In Japan, Australia and much of Europe there are a graduated license systems for motorbikes where new riders have to start out on smaller bikes before they can move up to bigger bikes.

While I can't imagine that ever happening here in Thailand, I don't think it would be a bad idea...

Or you can just send 'em on their way and let Darwin sort 'em out wink.png

I cannot work out that Suzike crash for the life of me.. whats he doing 20km/h max and the back wheel lets go... what was it oil on road.... any explanation.. just seems so surreal

I cannot work out that Suzike crash for the life of me.. whats he doing 20km/h max and the back wheel lets go... what was it oil on road.... any explanation.. just seems so surreal

You really don't know?!?! See! You've just reinforced the point I'm trying to make.

New tires have a preservative coating that's quite slippery until it gets worn off.

Not unusual for a noob to roll out of a shop on new tires, twist the throttle and promptly dump their bike.

I'm quite grateful that when I bought my first new bike years ago that the Honda dealer warned me that the tires would be slippery at first. Had he not warned me I could very well have done just what that poor fellow did on his Gixxer.

Does anyone think they'll come up with any new colour schemes this year for the er6-n? White or black just don't do it for me.

Or will they do a custom paint job? How much would that run to?

I don't expect they'll release any other colors for 2012.

A good quality solid color re-spray will set you back around 5000 Baht.

If you want to get fancy you can spend as much as you like :)

Does anyone think they'll come up with any new colour schemes this year for the er6-n? White or black just don't do it for me.

Or will they do a custom paint job? How much would that run to?

The black and yellow looks awesome, You could buy a plain black one and have a few panels sprayed.

It would be super cheap and if you kept the tank in black then you'd only need to spray 2 side panels, headlight, front fender and tail section. Just a few small bits of plastic, you could go any colour you wanted and it would look great with the rest of the bike black. Really easy and not much more than a couple of thousand baht I'd imagine for 5/6 pieces of plastic done well.

You really don't know?!?! See! You've just reinforced the point I'm trying to make.

New tires have a preservative coating that's quite slippery until it gets worn off.

Not unusual for a noob to roll out of a shop on new tires, twist the throttle and promptly dump their bike.

I'm quite grateful that when I bought my first new bike years ago that the Honda dealer warned me that the tires would be slippery at first. Had he not warned me I could very well have done just what that poor fellow did on his Gixxer.

I got new tyres on the fazer and just took it easy for the first 50km/h so aware of the issue but the back end just lets go on the Suzi in the clip ito a degree that just looks so disproportional to the speed... if that makes sense.. mind you some of the roads in BKK now I may as well be on new tyres... coming out of Thong Lor onto Suk the other morning dry road , gave it a little bit coming around the corner and the back wheel moved about a foot...

I got new tyres on the fazer and just took it easy for the first 50km/h so aware of the issue but the back end just lets go on the Suzi in the clip ito a degree that just looks so disproportional to the speed... if that makes sense.. mind you some of the roads in BKK now I may as well be on new tyres... coming out of Thong Lor onto Suk the other morning dry road , gave it a little bit coming around the corner and the back wheel moved about a foot...

You can hear him gas it right before he crashes. It doesn't take much to spin a brand new tire, especially when it's on a 180hp Gixxer :)

You can hear him gas it right before he crashes. It doesn't take much to spin a brand new tire, especially when it's on a 180hp Gixxer smile.png

Ok. I should have had sound up a bit more.. looked at road its dry, looked and area where back gave way and no oil grease so i guess its new tyres.. possible that in Europe where I presume this is shot that they use even heavy or more oily/ waxy load of preservative ??? Feel sorry for the guy thats for sure.

You can hear him gas it right before he crashes. It doesn't take much to spin a brand new tire, especially when it's on a 180hp Gixxer smile.png

Ok. I should have had sound up a bit more.. looked at road its dry, looked and area where back gave way and no oil grease so i guess its new tyres.. possible that in Europe where I presume this is shot that they use even heavy or more oily/ waxy load of preservative ??? Feel sorry for the guy thats for sure.

The preservative coating on motorcycle tyres seems to vary quite a bit from one manufacturer to the next.

I've found Dunlops and Bridgestones to be very slippery when new. Pirelli and Metzler are pretty grippy from the start.

Those are the only brands of tires I've ever used. Bottom line, better safe than sorry- take your time to scrub in a new set of tires!

The preservative coating on motorcycle tyres seems to vary quite a bit from one manufacturer to the next.

I've found Dunlops and Bridgestones to be very slippery when new. Pirelli and Metzler are pretty grippy from the start.

Those are the only brands of tires I've ever used. Bottom line, better safe than sorry- take your time to scrub in a new set of tires!

Can't grubble with that Tony.

A 190 Pirreli Rosso II coming soon on my bike. giggle.gifclap2.gif

The ZX10R rear wheel along with a 190 rear tyre looks very tasty. But it's a bit of a waste of money on anything other than a show bike, 25 - 30k could be spent on some other tasty goodies but then again your bike already has it's fair share of trick bits already, i guess your running out of options ;)

Have you got your 2011 downpipes yet?

Karl :)