Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

The ZX10R rear wheel along with a 190 rear tyre looks very tasty. But it's a bit of a waste of money on anything other than a show bike, 25 - 30k could be spent on some other tasty goodies but then again your bike already has it's fair share of trick bits already, i guess your running out of options wink.png

Have you got your 2011 downpipes yet?

Karl smile.png

I think maybe a bit more grip and less economy will be the result of a wider tyre.

And yes, from the rear it will look awesome.

Tony has just given me Rama 9 (where ever that is) Kawasaki phone number so I will a Thai speaker to try and sort something out.licklips.gif

Will keep you posted.

The standard exhaust really does stink!!! violin.gif

As with everything else in life - TIME and MONEY. jap.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Header update.

Thanks for the ever dependable Tony for the info received today.

The er6n 2010 headers are 3600 baht part No 39178-73.

The er6f / Ninja 650 2010 headers are 7875 baht part No 391178-74.

Yes, I know they are exactly the same same but Kawasaki Kwazie rules apply me thinks here.

So, yes you guessed it, the cheaper headers are 'Out of stock'.

Arhhhhhhh, looks like a 2 week wait then, unless Kawasaki Mitiyon Pattaya can work miracles????????????????

Yours depressed.

NormanW

Header update.

Yes, I know they are exactly the same same but Kawasaki Kwazie rules apply me thinks here.

Arhhhhhhh, looks like a 2 week wait then, unless Kawasaki Mitiyon Pattaya can work miracles????????????????

Yours depressed.

NormanW

So i was correct then ;)

I do believe that the Versys Headers are the same price as the ER (i was quoted 4k) and they have the link pipe that the 2012 models benifit from :)

Header update.

Yours depressed.

NormanW

So i was correct then wink.png

I do believe that the Versys Headers are the same price as the ER (i was quoted 4k) and they have the link pipe that the 2012 models benifit from smile.png

Yeah, but they're out of stock too :(

A 190 Pirreli Rosso II coming soon on my bike. giggle.gifclap2.gif

190?! Wow! I trust you're going to fit a ZX10R wheel? I've seen it done, but can't imagine what benefit there might be from running such a wide tire on an ER6n?

Agreed, if you fit a 190 on the er6n wheel (if it fits, just) the profile of the tire will be all off, and it wont look like a 190 as the tire cant inflate sideways as it should , mainly it will only inflate up instead of out as the rim is too narrow...

190?! Wow! I trust you're going to fit a ZX10R wheel? I've seen it done, but can't imagine what benefit there might be from running such a wide tire on an ER6n?

Agreed, if you fit a 190 on the er6n wheel (if it fits, just) the profile of the tire will be all off, and it wont look like a 190 as the tire cant inflate sideways as it should , mainly it will only inflate up instead of out as the rim is too narrow...

That's why it should only be done on a wheel that requires a 190 tyre :)

A wider tyre will also slow down turn in (more distance to travel to effectively attain the same lean angle), something that the boys of VFR400 were noticing a while back when they also decided to step up the size of their rubber

That's why it should only be done on a wheel that requires a 190 tyre smile.png

A wider tyre will also slow down turn in (more distance to travel to effectively attain the same lean angle), something that the boys of VFR400 were noticing a while back when they also decided to step up the size of their rubber

Is the 190 just for looks? May I ask why you would want to make your bike harder to turn? :)

In other news, dusted off the old ER6n "RR" which had been sitting in my living room since the "Great Flood" of 2011 and trailered her over to the BRC where I had the track all to myself all morning-

429533_10151265889360710_508210709_23049450_1312030866_n.jpg

Haven't been on a track in months and it felt dam_n good to get the old knees down but dam_n I'm out of shape! thumbsup.gif

Look forward to seeing some of you at BIRA this weekend.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Header update.

Could it be that the more expensive ones are stainless? Or are they a different shape?

Header update.

Could it be that the more expensive ones are stainless? Or are they a different shape?

Kawasaki doesn't make stainless headers for the EX650 or KLE650. The parts manager told me that the two headers, 39178-0073 and 39178-0074 are pretty much identical. One is for the ER6n and the other is for the Ninja 650R. I've owned both bikes and have polished the headers on both and couldn't see any difference between them.

God this peee's me off! 'The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags.

Tony

I don't have any plans to do such a thing Tony :)

I was just highlighting the disadvantage of running a wider tyre for Norm :)

Sad: Been to the Kawa Dealer in Thonburi, in their Warehouse standing 2 toatlly messed up 2012 ER6Ns one white one black, seems like not all Thais are ready for something bigger than a scooter.

This is a serious problem for all big bike brands in Thailand at the moment- you have a lot of very inexperienced riders buying bikes that are more than they know how to handle...

Anyone notice how big bike insurance rates have gone through the roof here in Thailand on account of all the crashes and claims?

To that end, most big bike brands in Thailand now offer riding courses which IMO is something that should be REQUIRED for someone who has had little experience riding big bikes. Or at the very least, the sales staff should query their customers about their riding experience and strongly ENCOURAGE them to attend a riding clinic before sending them out onto Thailand's mean streets.

In Japan, Australia and much of Europe there are a graduated license systems for motorbikes where new riders have to start out on smaller bikes before they can move up to bigger bikes.

While I can't imagine that ever happening here in Thailand, I don't think it would be a bad idea...

Or you can just send 'em on their way and let Darwin sort 'em out wink.png

I cannot work out that Suzike crash for the life of me.. whats he doing 20km/h max and the back wheel lets go... what was it oil on road.... any explanation.. just seems so surreal

You really don't know?!?! See! You've just reinforced the point I'm trying to make.

New tires have a preservative coating that's quite slippery until it gets worn off.

Not unusual for a noob to roll out of a shop on new tires, twist the throttle and promptly dump their bike.

I'm quite grateful that when I bought my first new bike years ago that the Honda dealer warned me that the tires would be slippery at first. Had he not warned me I could very well have done just what that poor fellow did on his Gixxer.

Just goes to show if he took any type of riding course Car or bike He would know you have to warm the tires up before you hit the accelerator! I watched a dweeb destroy a 1/4 of a million dollars to his heavily sponsored formula 1 ride. He just punched it off the line ....no warmup laps & right into the guardrail. It was a good reminder on the cart course of what not to do. Even super bikes it is the same. Classic blow it. Hope he figured it out.

God this peee's me off! 'The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags.

Tony

I don't have any plans to do such a thing Tony smile.png

I was just highlighting the disadvantage of running a wider tyre for Norm smile.png

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the quote system on ThaiVisa- can't say I'm very impressed with the "new" forum... Seems to have more bugs than the old version...

The question about the 190 should have been directed at Norm, not you :)

Hope to see you at BIRA this weekend!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Tony

I was just highlighting the disadvantage of running a wider tyre for Norm smile.png

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the quote system on ThaiVisa- can't say I'm very impressed with the "new" forum... Seems to have more bugs than the old version...

The question about the 190 should have been directed at Norm, not you smile.png

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

I dare say I'll be popping in to Bira for a peep at your laps times before I go for a ride with Harley23 and possibly Meancatdaddy.

Tony

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

I dare say I'll be popping in to Bira for a peep at your laps times before I go for a ride with Harley23 and possibly Meancatdaddy.

Got my new GoPro handlebar bracket so I'll be getting lots of footage of everyone to put on my FaceTube channel :)

Tony

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Got my new GoPro handlebar bracket so I'll be getting lots of footage of everyone to put on my FaceTube channel smile.png

First video of many coming now folks :)

Just got your SMS Norm, i can't make it mate. Enjoy the day and hopefully we will all meet up during the school holidays smile.png

Karl smile.png

Oki doki.

Yeh, another week and then half term.

A ride out maybe eh?wai.gif

Wooo, you finish early :D

I've another 6 weeks to go................... :S :(

But a ride out is on the cards soon mate :)

Fantastic day and we all brought home trophies! :D

All smiles before the 650 race-

420573_275544495844057_100001655258730_646686_329275887_n.jpg

Congrats to Norman and Harley for taking first and second in the 650 Stock class! clap2.gif

420324_275660715832435_100001655258730_647170_217010519_n.jpg

I coasted to an easy third in modify class; have a LOT of work to do if I want to catch the leaders!

420943_275661195832387_100001655258730_647190_531756756_n.jpg

Really fun day- smiles all around!

422335_275660209165819_100001655258730_647148_732157276_n.jpg

My little guy seemed pretty jazzed that daddy brought home a trophy ;)

424760_10151275591780710_508210709_23079276_749279423_n.jpg

Can't wait for the next one!

Let the Good Times ROLL! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Tony

432354_275659829165857_100001655258730_647129_1101606802_n.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK