Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

And some more pics of Harley's PIMPING session.

All carbon parts rear sets and help fitting kindly provided by Tony. wai.gif

Congrats again on the first place finish! clap2.gif

Wow, that pic of your ER6 in the morning sun--- NICE! cool.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer all the texts and emails I have received regarding the speed of my 2012 er6n, I did mange an indicated 207km/hr on the Saturday on the way back home with Harley23 but the fact is his 2010 er6n is faster than mine.

My mid-range torque is better but it seems the previous er6s are faster.

He has only taken out his air filter and put on a Leo Vince.

Let's see when I finally get THOSE headers on and my Leo Vince.

When you hit 9000 revs on my bike there is absolutely nothing after that even though the red line is at 11rpm.

Keep those good times rolling. giggle.gif

Edited by NormanW

Sorry to go back in time to the 2009 model, but I'm probably going to be buying one soon enough.

these Q's are probably all answered separately in the thread, but can I get some answers for the following Qs.

How much is an average service (presumably airfilter, oil filter and oil)?

How much are stock tyres?

How much are decent tyres (Battle-axe?)?

How many KM between services?

About how much is government insurance, and how much is the cheapest 1st class insurance?

Without the faring, what speed feels comfortable for prolonged periods (600-700km in a day)?

What sort of km per liter would you usually get when cruising around town at under 100kph?

And what sort of kmpl would you get when cruising at around 160kph?

And lastly, what sort of cruising speed does it start to feel uncomfortable at?

Thanks, hope it isn't too much. :)

Sorry to go back in time to the 2009 model, but I'm probably going to be buying one soon enough.

these Q's are probably all answered separately in the thread, but can I get some answers for the following Qs.

How much is an average service (presumably airfilter, oil filter and oil)? about 1000 baht

How much are stock tyres? about 7000 baht

How much are decent tyres (Battle-axe?)? 12000 for Pirelli

How many KM between services? cant remember 6 or 12k

About how much is government insurance, and how much is the cheapest 1st class insurance? 10k for 1st class going down to 6k if no accidents after 3 years.

Without the faring, what speed feels comfortable for prolonged periods (600-700km in a day)? 140

What sort of km per liter would you usually get when cruising around town at under 100kph? 21

And what sort of kmpl would you get when cruising at around 160kph? 15

And lastly, what sort of cruising speed does it start to feel uncomfortable at? 160

Thanks, hope it isn't too much. smile.png

^ Thanks a lot.

It all sounds good. The fuel economy not massively different than my CBR250, unless you nail it.

Just two last Q's, it starting to feel uncomfortable at around 140kph... is there a big difference between the fared ninja650 here? I do two or three long day rides a month, and the little CBR250 feels comfortable pinned at an indicated 155-160kph, and I would hope to cruise at about this speed on the 650 for a a few hours without feeling beaten up. Putting it off for a month or two to have the extra baht for a fared version could be possible. Is there a big difference between the two in this regard?

And about speed, about how off is the speedo? The lil' CBR250 is 10% out.

Thanks. :jap:

^ Thanks a lot.

It all sounds good. The fuel economy not massively different than my CBR250, unless you nail it.

Just two last Q's, it starting to feel uncomfortable at around 140kph... is there a big difference between the fared ninja650 here? I do two or three long day rides a month, and the little CBR250 feels comfortable pinned at an indicated 155-160kph, and I would hope to cruise at about this speed on the 650 for a a few hours without feeling beaten up. Putting it off for a month or two to have the extra baht for a fared version could be possible. Is there a big difference between the two in this regard?

And about speed, about how off is the speedo? The lil' CBR250 is 10% out.

Thanks. jap.gif

The speedo issue is about the same for most bikes. Possibly BMW being the most accurate I think.

Sounds like the Ninja 650 is for you regarding wind buffeting. Have a think about it, the larger screen on the front does a lot to reduce it OK?

Keep those good times rolling coffee1.gif

The speedo issue is about the same for most bikes. Possibly BMW being the most accurate I think.

Sounds like the Ninja 650 is for you regarding wind buffeting. Have a think about it, the larger screen on the front does a lot to reduce it OK?

Yup, okay, thanks.

I should also have said that for 26 days in every month that I'm not mini-touring I'm commuting around the city (BKK). :D

Hence my more interest in the naked over the fared version (plus the price difference).

I guess like many people it'll be a case of which I value more.... a relative ease on everyday commuting that I do everyday, verses easier mini-touring a couple of times a month. Tough call, for me at least.

Thanks for all the info. :jap:

Yup, okay, thanks.

I should also have said that for 26 days in every month that I'm not mini-touring I'm commuting around the city (BKK). biggrin.png

Hence my more interest in the naked over the fared version (plus the price difference).

I guess like many people it'll be a case of which I value more.... a relative ease on everyday commuting that I do everyday, verses easier mini-touring a couple of times a month. Tough call, for me at least.

Thanks for all the info. jap.gif

OK no bother.

I like to go naked (if you know what I mean giggle.gif )

Keep those good times rolling wai.gif

Yup, okay, thanks.

I should also have said that for 26 days in every month that I'm not mini-touring I'm commuting around the city (BKK). biggrin.png

Thanks for all the info. jap.gif

If you only do a little touring I would recommend the naked version. In a warm country it will give you some more air circulation.

To answer all the texts and emails I have received regarding the speed of my 2012 er6n, I did mange an indicated 207km/hr on the Saturday on the way back home with Harley23 but the fact is his 2010 er6n is faster than mine.

My mid-range torque is better but it seems the previous er6s are faster.

He has only taken out his air filter and put on a Leo Vince.

Let's see when I finally get THOSE headers on and my Leo Vince.

When you hit 9000 revs on my bike there is absolutely nothing after that even though the red line is at 11rpm.

Keep those good times rolling. giggle.gif

Pretty much the same as mine Norm and mine, as you know is the 'F' model, i managed to squeeze 208kmh out of mine a while back. I'm certain as soon as we fit our exhausts, our bikes will be capable of hitting 220kmh and gain a bit more punch between 180-200kmh.

as for Red1green0, the ninja 650 is very comfortable cruising at 160, all the plastics result in a much easier ride over longer high speed trips, even at 180 there's very little buffeting from the wind. Even riding a naked bike at 140 shouldn't cause to much fatigue, maybe after a while your neck muscles will build up and you'll feel more comfortable on a naked bike at speed :)

I've owned and toured on both the ER6n and Ninja 650 and have to say for long distance rides the fairings and tall screen of the 650 do offer good protection from wind and elements that you don't get on the ER6n. That said, the addition of a small screen to the ER6n can greatly improve your comfort.

Ride On!

Tony

0811ER6Ninja650R.jpg

I've owned and toured on both the ER6n and Ninja 650 and have to say for long distance rides the fairings and tall screen of the 650 do offer good protection from wind and elements that you don't get on the ER6n.

And did you notice much difference in city commuting, with the Er-6n being noticeably easier than the N650?

Edited by red1green0

I've owned and toured on both the ER6n and Ninja 650 and have to say for long distance rides the fairings and tall screen of the 650 do offer good protection from wind and elements that you don't get on the ER6n.

And did you notice much difference in city commuting, with the Er-6n being noticeably easier than the N650?

Yes, while they are pretty much identical bikes, I found the ER6 easier to squeeze through traffic because you don't have much worry about scratching up the fairings on a naked bike.

motivator2710661qa1.jpg

Pics of the bike yesterday at Bira. Took them early morning while waiting for the lads to come round the bend - 555.

post-52293-0-31340700-1329794354_thumb.j

post-52293-0-40778800-1329794438_thumb.j

post-52293-0-12054300-1329794487_thumb.j

post-52293-0-47966500-1329794553_thumb.j

post-52293-0-33384400-1329794612_thumb.j

post-52293-0-81107400-1329794682_thumb.j

Hi Norman bike is looking goodies (as usual)!. After riding it the other day, I found the seating position just a little too comfy (cruisy) for sporting purpose. I would change the handlebars to create a more sporty position. I think the bike would feel "faster" when riding it, especially on the track, but still comfortable enough for everyday use.

Just a thought.

Will most probably pass by tomorrow late afternoon to swap the tyres.

See ya!

Pics of the bike yesterday at Bira. Took them early morning while waiting for the lads to come round the bend - 555.

post-52293-0-31340700-1329794354_thumb.j

post-52293-0-40778800-1329794438_thumb.j

post-52293-0-12054300-1329794487_thumb.j

post-52293-0-47966500-1329794553_thumb.j

post-52293-0-33384400-1329794612_thumb.j

post-52293-0-81107400-1329794682_thumb.j

Hi Norman bike is looking goodies (as usual)!. After riding it the other day, I found the seating position just a little too comfy (cruisy) for sporting purpose. I would change the handlebars to create a more sporty position. I think the bike would feel "faster" when riding it, especially on the track, but still comfortable enough for everyday use.

Just a thought.

Will most probably pass by tomorrow late afternoon to swap the tyres.

See ya!

Oki doki nee bother. Don't forget your hard drive kap :)

Thanks a lot Norman for letting me take your 2012 ER6n around the track wai.gif

As reported in the reviews, the 2012 has been tuned for more mid-range torque, and you can really feel it, especially in places like up the hill in 2nd to the hairpin. Also the gearbox does seem smoother than on the 2nd gen model. I like the bars on your ER6 better than the D-Tracker bars I've got on my bike at the moment. Really need to sort my bars but can't go back to clip ons as they're not allowed in the SuperNaked series...

If I'm not mistaken, the redline on the 2012 is lower than on the '09-'11 model? Still, they seem about even going down the straight.

Norm's 2012 ER6n is handicapped by a shagged rear tire though. Fortunately the front is newer and stuck to the track just fine. It was pretty fun sliding the back through Maxima though clap2.gif

Thanks a lot Norman for letting me take your 2012 ER6n around the track wai.gif

As reported in the reviews, the 2012 has been tuned for more mid-range torque, and you can really feel it, especially in places like up the hill in 2nd to the hairpin. Also the gearbox does seem smoother than on the 2nd gen model. I like the bars on your ER6 better than the D-Tracker bars I've got on my bike at the moment. Really need to sort my bars but can't go back to clip ons as they're not allowed in the SuperNaked series...

If I'm not mistaken, the redline on the 2012 is lower than on the '09-'11 model? Still, they seem about even going down the straight.

Norm's 2012 ER6n is handicapped by a shagged rear tire though. Fortunately the front is newer and stuck to the track just fine. It was pretty fun sliding the back through Maxim

Hahaha yeh she runs out of puff just before 9k rpm.

Will have to start saving for a rear Rosso II or Diablo.

Video of the Big Swap of bikes coming today.

Here is Harley and myself having a bit of Rossi (me) and Stoner (Harley) round the track.

TWO BROS full system now available for the new 2012 ER6n and Ninja 650R!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

wonder how much that costs in the US and if their headers are better than Arrows'?

10% peak gain can't be a bad thing, i'd like to see a dyno print out of how much power is avaliable at other RPMs :)

Just answered my own question

M-2_Black-Al_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Polished Aluminum Canister

Part Number: 005-3180106V-B

MSRP: $719.98

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Cf_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Carbon Fiber Canister

Part Number: 005-3180107V-B

MSRP: $819.98

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Ti_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Titanium Canister

Part Number: 005-3180108V-B

I'm still waiting for Akraprovic to release more details on their 2012 ER6 exhaust system

Edited by karlos

M-2_Black-Al_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Polished Aluminum Canister

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Cf_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Carbon Fiber Canister

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Ti_TN.gif

Kawasaki Ninja 650R M-2 Black Series V.A.L.E.™ 2-1 Full Exhaust System (2012) - Titanium Canister

I'm still waiting for Akraprovic to release more details on their 2012 ER6 exhaust system

All I want is HEADERS so I can get my Leo Vince on - arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

M-2_Black-Al_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Cf_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Ti_TN.gif

All I want is HEADERS so I can get my Leo Vince on - arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I did notice in your recent pics and videos that you're still running with the standard system :(

Hope i can make my mind up what i want soon :)

M-2_Black-Al_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Cf_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Ti_TN.gif

I did notice in your recent pics and videos that you're still running with the standard system sad.png

Hope i can make my mind up what i want soon smile.png

HOW ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE STANDARD FART BOX???? 555

M-2_Black-Al_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Cf_TN.gif

buy_now_blu.gif

M-2_Black-Ti_TN.gif

I did notice in your recent pics and videos that you're still running with the standard system sad.png

Hope i can make my mind up what i want soon smile.png

HOW ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE STANDARD FART BOX???? 555

I'm not sure about the Werkes (spelling?) i quite like the look of it, motogp style, but have never heard one other than on youtube.....

Any links Karlos?

Heres another link from me: http://www.youtube.c...ai?feature=mhee

Here's a link

, a little more money than the Arrow cans but i haven't seen one in Thailand (not to say there isn't) i just haven't seen one biggrin.png

I like it's large opening and i'm a sucker for beautiful Tig Welds, which the exhaust has lots of! biggrin.png

Loving your videos, wish i could join you guys but it's going to take a while until i can afford a set of full leathers and trick the bike up with some track day goodies :(

Edited by karlos