Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Aeehmmm strolling seems you mixed something up. The Kawa on sale for 120k is a D-Tracker not a Ninja 650......

Incorrect.

This is the lead in to the ad.

http://www.thaivisa....0r-urgent-sale/

The actual ad, if you click on the link, has been deleted. Presumably due to it being sold.

This 'urgent sale' was listed as 120k thb.

btw, the ad you refer to was posted after my post today...

Perhaps you should only comment on things that you actually know about. rolleyes.gif

Edited by strollling

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aeehmmm strolling seems you mixed something up. The Kawa on sale for 120k is a D-Tracker not a Ninja 650......

Incorrect.

This is the lead in to the ad.

http://www.thaivisa....0r-urgent-sale/

The actual ad, if you click on the link, has been deleted. Presumably due to it being sold.

This 'urgent sale' was listed as 120k thb.

btw, the ad you refer to was posted after my post today...

Perhaps you should only comment on things that you actually know about. rolleyes.gif

it wasnt a 2012,it was a 2010 model

good deal all the same though and im sure someone got a bargain if its not stolen or something

never seen a 650 ninja that cheap b4

Not that it's worth working up a sweat, as it's so cheap to service a Kwaker here in LOS.... But did you realise that the European and American Markets schedule services for their ER6 and Ninja 650 bikes at 600miles (1000km). Then at 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, etc. or ONCE yearly whichever comes first.

Nearly twice that of our service schedules......

I think I used to change the oil on my ZX6R every 3000miles, the fresher the oil the better, But why would the service intervals be half that of let’s say a hot state in America…..??

Not that it's worth working up a sweat, as it's so cheap to service a Kwaker here in LOS.... But did you realise that the European and American Markets schedule services for their ER6 and Ninja 650 bikes at 600miles (1000km). Then at 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, etc. or ONCE yearly whichever comes first.

I think I used to change the oil on my ZX6R every 3000miles, the fresher the oil the better, But why would the service intervals be half that of let’s say a hot state in America…..??

Because we don't have any enforced speed limits here? w00t.gif

And because so dam_n hot here???

Which puts more stress on the bike in all areas?

And because so dam_n hot here???

Which puts more stress on the bike in all areas?

No hotter there than in some of the southern states in the US though...

Hence why i said 'a hot state in America' smile.png

Just curious as to why?

Ddo the Asian dealers use a lower quality grade of oil????

Hence why i said 'a hot state in America' smile.png

Just curious as to why?

Ddo the Asian dealers use a lower quality grade of oil????

kawasaki branded shell 10/40 should be the same worldwide

i doubt they would produce a crapper version ,just for thailand or the asian market

maybe its the tropical climate or the fact there is not much competition to compare kawa 650's to in thailand

so they can get a bit of extra cash bringing them in more often for oil changes when they probably didnt need it

but if it were just about milking the customers for every baht ,they would insist on a new oil filter each time ,but they dont .....

many things in thailand just make no sense at all if you think about them logically

Yamaha change the oil excessively every 3000-4000km,but never ever change the brake fluids for example unless you really insist it be done

the young somchais just think brake fluid lasts forever by the looks of it

Looking good Normski. The only things I don't like are the stickers and the number plate location (reminds me of a KSR). Overall though bloody good job. Still got a final 4-5 weeks to wait for my monstersad.png. At least I'll have her for the summer holsrolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

guys, one of my Thai friend's friend is selling his 2010 er6f for 175.000 thb which is 15.000 km. I am not sure if it has ABS or not but 2010 models have it right?

As a friend of friend, he can go down on the price. I am OK for cbr 250 in city but for touring i need something bigger man as even though cbr250 is fine on long road, i want something that can climb to 190 km or give me flexibility on 140 to 190 km range which er6f fits the bill. I was looking for a second hand kawa 650 for a time as i do not want to spend 275,000 thb for the new one, not much difference if you consider the price difference over 100.000 thb. And, i will ride it only weekends sometime as i am a busy man all the time.

Although my dreams are going with er6n, i decided that it is too much for Bangkok and i want/need more swimming during weekends so touring is my priority now.

I am really excited for this offer but do not like to buy something from a friend's friend but if he will go down like 160.000 thb - which is highly possible - it will be a very good offer and the reason he is selling it: he wants to buy a ducati monster.

He stated that the bike is in good condition but i could not see the bike yet - i will see it this weekend.

So is there anything i need to check on the bike you guys can recommend. Some of you here driving this bike for long and familiar with the problems/problematic parts of the bike so i am sure you can maybe suggest me the critical parts/things i need to check like chassis parts, forks etc?

And, what do you think about this offer? Is it OK or too much?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

a new ER6 cost 250,000 not 275,000 :) (265,000) in first class insurance and everything else)

As for your questions, there really isn't anything that you need to look at specifically on these bikes.

Just a good general check over the bike, pads, tyres, sprockets, chain, gearbox, smoke, oil seals, lock stops etc.

160,000 would be a great price and hard to resist, just ensure that the service book is up to date and all should be fine.

If all the tyres are in good shape and it has 6 months+ first class insurance then 170,000 is still a good price, just make sure all documents are transferred including the insurance into your name :)

Karl :)

karlos, thanks for your kindness.

But no, although the bike is in good condition, he does not want to go down more than 175,000 thb.

And, i do not want to buy from a friend as all my life i had difficulties on these kind of purchases like if the bike break down or any problems, i cannot go argue with the guy or go fight with him:) cannot ask the money back etc. as he is a friend of a good friend in my office.

Si, i said no but i will buy one once there is a reasonable er6f 2010 abs less than 15.000 - 20.000 km for between 150.000 - 160.000 thb with no rental background. Cash is waitingsmile.png and time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question, how much oil goes in the ER6F and which brand? I am thinking of letting the guy on the street corner doing it but I would like to have some control over it... so any suggestions??? Just so I don't ruin it all???

Silly question, how much oil goes in the ER6F and which brand? I am thinking of letting the guy on the street corner doing it but I would like to have some control over it... so any suggestions??? Just so I don't ruin it all???

No more than 1.8 litres of any top brand such as Shell, Agip or Motol. The chances are that the lad across the street won't have any of the spec required for top performance bikes only put puts.

I can't remember the spec off hand.

But not going over 1.8 litres is important otherwise you stand slapping the bottom end into the higher level of oil. That is including a full oil filter by the way.

No more than 1.8 litres of any top brand such as Shell, Agip or Motol. The chances are that the lad across the street won't have any of the spec required for top performance bikes only put puts.

I can't remember the spec off hand.

But not going over 1.8 litres is important otherwise you stand slapping the bottom end into the higher level of oil. That is including a full oil filter by the way.

1.6 without a filter change and 1.8 with a change :)

2.3 if the engine is bone dry (new build)

me likey the exhaust!!! mmmmmmm

I saw a video on youtube a while back of a guy expanding an ER's fuel tank to an extra 50% or so, quality workmanship and did i mention that i likey that exhausty very muchy indeedy??

After filling up 1.6l yesterday it was still not with the line in the bikes oil view window, so I put inn a little more... just a dash...

My baby likes new oil, she runs better after that.. and all I had to pay was 240B for some USA oil... not bad... is it?

Coming soon: new Rizoma Senso mirrors, Rizoma Zero 11 front indicators, Rizoma bar ends, Brembo 90 degree tyre valves, Rosso II front and rear, white headlight bulbs, more white LEDs.

I had to do something to the bike while I was sat there with a broken collar bone J

Doesn't any one make a clear tail light for the 2012 model yet?

I can't find any, anywhere!!!

sad.pngsad.pngbah.gif

Here you go mate smile.png

Contact details can be found at the top of this link http://www.er6thaila...p?topic=19019.0

post-59428-0-74005000-1341675766_thumb.j

post-59428-0-19007500-1341675768_thumb.j

post-59428-0-61079000-1341675769_thumb.j

post-59428-0-04742600-1341675780_thumb.j

I didn't think that this light unit had the indicators incorporated into it, but after my GF read the thread it turns out (no pun intended) that this rear unit has the indicator function too. 3500B if you want to know :)

Edited by karlos

Coming soon: new Rizoma Senso mirrors, Rizoma Zero 11 front indicators, Rizoma bar ends, Brembo 90 degree tyre valves, Rosso II front and rear, white headlight bulbs, more white LEDs.

I had to do something to the bike while I was sat there with a broken collar bone J

Looks like i'll have to smash my collar bone, then maybe the Mrs will let me spend more money on the bike :D

Glad you're ok and i'll have to pop over and watch that TT 650 race sometime soon.