Incompetent Lawyer

su-b-doo

I lost custody of my son a few years ago, because of two reasons:

1. My lawyer did not inform me of the actual court hearing

2. My lawyer did not take me for an interview with the Welfare department

It is written in the court judgement, that the court ordered an interview with the Welfare, because this did not happen; I lost custody and access to my son for almost two years.

I will not bore you with a long story, but I attended every preliminary hearing, and had I been notified and called as the previous hearings, I would not have missed the actual hearing.

Another Lawyer and a Supreme Court Judge said I must inform the Lawyers council, and then sue the lawyer. I have started the first process, a visit to the lawyer’s council, which proved positive from them reading the court judgement; but the paperwork involved will employ many hours, especially getting a copy all the court documents (There is a thick pile about 150mm).

Basically my former wife was a bitch and never allowed me access to see my son, the court gave access, but supervised by her and that resulted in comments like this is my country; I can do what I want. After two years the appeal court judged 50-50 custody with three weekends every month; yes she defaults many times, which was condoned by the court. However there has been a change of judge and they are now giving her a hard time, but no change to the Appeal court order, as my former wife has taken it to the supreme court, The worst thing is he is now eight and can not read or write English, basically he’s Thai, but in time I assume he will change

Has anybody gone through this and then sued a lawyer.

It is written in the court judgement, that the court ordered an interview with the Welfare, because this did not happen; I lost custody and access to my son for almost two years.

I will not bore you with a long story, but I attended every preliminary hearing, and had I been notified and called as the previous hearings, I would not have missed the actual hearing.

Another Lawyer and a Supreme Court Judge said I must inform the Lawyers council, and then sue the lawyer. I have started the first process, a visit to the lawyer's council, which proved positive from them reading the court judgement; but the paperwork involved will employ many hours, especially getting a copy all the court documents (There is a thick pile about 150mm).

Basically my former wife was a bitch and never allowed me access to see my son, the court gave access, but supervised by her and that resulted in comments like this is my country; I can do what I want. After two years the appeal court judged 50-50 custody with three weekends every month; yes she defaults many times, which was condoned by the court. However there has been a change of judge and they are now giving her a hard time, but no change to the Appeal court order, as my former wife has taken it to the supreme court, The worst thing is he is now eight and can not read or write English, basically he's Thai, but in time I assume he will change

I know a very good lawyer in the Nong Khai province. She (it's a female lawyer) speaks English fluently and has always been very helpful with me and numerous other foreigners (she's got a great reputation too among members of another well-known local board about the Udon Thani province and its wider area).

If you're interested, I can send you a PM with her contact information (I don't know whether or not I can post them here). Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

Another Lawyer and a Supreme Court Judge said I must inform the Lawyers council, and then sue the lawyer. I have started the first process, a visit to the lawyer's council, which proved positive from them reading the court judgement; but the paperwork involved will employ many hours, especially getting a copy all the court documents (There is a thick pile about 150mm).

Basically my former wife was a bitch and never allowed me access to see my son, the court gave access, but supervised by her and that resulted in comments like this is my country; I can do what I want. After two years the appeal court judged 50-50 custody with three weekends every month; yes she defaults many times, which was condoned by the court. However there has been a change of judge and they are now giving her a hard time, but no change to the Appeal court order, as my former wife has taken it to the supreme court, The worst thing is he is now eight and can not read or write English, basically he's Thai, but in time I assume he will change

I know a very good lawyer in the Nong Khai province. She (it's a female lawyer) speaks English fluently and has always been very helpful with me and numerous other foreigners (she's got a great reputation too among members of another well-known local board about the Udon Thani province and its wider area).

If you're interested, I can send you a PM with her contact information (I don't know whether or not I can post them here). Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

Yes please