Why So Many Gays At California Wow Fitness?

sunny747

well, i have nothing against them but wondering, why too many of them are in that particular california wow at asoke? do they get a good deal? Specially you go in the evening, i guess straight guys are less than them. At times i feel very uncomfortable guys flirting with me. Most of they are Thais, small body but muscular walking rhythmically. Their body structure and movement tells they are not straight. Most of them are wealthy as i see them having expensive gadgets with fairly good English.

do they go there to catch fish? i can feel pairs of eyes rolling on my body while i'm at sauna or steam. I have been to paragon and asoke branch only. How about the other clubs?

thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually go to the Pin Klao branch, and while there may not be so many obvious gay men there as at Silom, there still are a fair number. I am sure in the US the percentages are there as well. It is just that in the US, more men hide their homosexuality than in Thailand.

I have known quite a number of gay men while I was competing on the equestrian circuit. More were more concerned with their personal appearance than the typical straight man. Some of them told me this was part of having a "gay gene," but it may just have been a self-fulfilling prophecy. But regardless, if a man is concerned about his appearance, it seems to me that he would be more likely to work out.

Add the benefit of seeing other men who are probably in better shape than the average guy, well, it just is icing on the cake. I myself chose California Fitness over a nearby gym because that nearby gym was almost exclusively male, and at CF, I could watch the women who so attentively worked out there.

But just as I don't see anything wrong with watching women (at the risk of resurrecting another recent thread), I see nothing wrong with another man looking at me (assuming anyone really wants to see my 50-year old body.) As long as it is merely looking without further interaction, who cares?

well, i have nothing against them but wondering, why too many of them are in that particular california wow at asoke? do they get a good deal? Specially you go in the evening, i guess straight guys are less than them. At times i feel very uncomfortable guys flirting with me. Most of they are Thais, small body but muscular walking rhythmically. Their body structure and movement tells they are not straight. Most of them are wealthy as i see them having expensive gadgets with fairly good English.

do they go there to catch fish? i can feel pairs of eyes rolling on my body while i'm at sauna or steam. I have been to paragon and asoke branch only. How about the other clubs?

thanks.

Whaaat !!! Nobody accusing this OP of gay bashing?

Bobegraves, where are you?

If I had posted this, there would have been 20 posts regarding the fact that I'm a homophobe, even if I did say "i have nothing against them".

OP-who cares anyway, if you are comfortable with your heterosexuality (as I am) take it as a compliment if they are checking you out, and get some dressing tips from them. I'd still have my old girlfriend if I had a gay guy helping me pick out shoes.....

OP-who cares anyway, if you are comfortable with your heterosexuality (as I am) take it as a compliment if they are checking you out, and get some dressing tips from them. I'd still have my old girlfriend if I had a gay guy helping me pick out shoes.....

Exactly!

Nah, OP's not gay-bashing- just uncomfortable with his sexuality. The fact that other persons are different sexually doesn't bother persons who are comfortable with their own identities and behaviours.

P.S. Huggybear is correct to say that to go out of your way to point out 'I have nothing against XXXXXXXX (fill in the blank)' usually does indicate a certain tension in one's thinking, whether it's OP or Huggybear saying it. Replace XXXXXXXX with blacks, Jews, women, etc. to consider the effects from another standpoint.

P.P.S. There are a lot of gays at CW branches all over, but they tend a bit towards vanity and body-worship, which is not really my thing in dating. I go there because I don't see the point spending much more for a gym (yet); nice gay guys are everywhere and I don't need a gym to meet them.

thanks.

Whaaat !!! Nobody accusing this OP of gay bashing?

Bobegraves, where are you?

If I had posted this, there would have been 20 posts regarding the fact that I'm a homophobe, even if I did say "i have nothing against them".

i rather prefer to be complimented by girls than guys :o I purely go there to work out but i wouldn't mind some flirting with some hot chicks. But i don't see any. You won't feel the motivation if no opposite sex are there.

I heard explanade at ratchada or ekamai is good one. But it is too far for me.

But really , haven't got the answer yet...why everybody at asoke california?

^^Sorry, I'd have to confirm there are plenty of hot, hot gay guys seeking to drool over your super-fit body at Ratchada and Ekkamai, too. What a pity!

:o:D

Silom is of course chock full of them, and one of my last dates goes to the branch at Pin Klao. Another guy I used to work out with now goes to the one in Pahon Yothin. A few fashion queens I know prefer the Paragon (bleh!)

^^Sorry, I'd have to confirm there are plenty of hot, hot gay guys seeking to drool over your super-fit body at Ratchada and Ekkamai, too. What a pity!

:o:D

Silom is of course chock full of them, and one of my last dates goes to the branch at Pin Klao. Another guy I used to work out with now goes to the one in Pahon Yothin. A few fashion queens I know prefer the Paragon (bleh!)

after your descriptions, it's no wonder I gave up exercising for chasing women. thanks for the reminder

:D :D

after your descriptions, it's no wonder I gave up exercising for chasing women. thanks for the reminder

And I'm sure the women have thanked you for it! :o

:D :D

And I'm sure the women have thanked you for it! :o

Some have, some haven't, but I am VERY thankful to each and every one of them.

Daddy bull and baby bull are standing on top of a hill

Baby bull goes "daddy, look at all those cows down there - lets run down and fcu** one of them"

Daddy bull replies, "son, i have a better idea, lets walk down there and fcu** em all"

I rarely talk to anyone at Pin Klao. It is get in , hit the weights, and get out. There are quite a number of attractive women there I would like to get to know, but once again, I don't think they are lusting for my 50-year-old body either.

However, one of the few people I speak with is a upper 20's-something guy who is gay. He saw my USMC shirt and asked me if it was for the US Marines. When I told him that it did, he started asking me all sorts of questions about life as a Marine. It seems he has had a fascination with the Marines for a long time.

We speak at least to say hello if we are at the gym at the same time. But nothing other than converstion, and no innuendos. It is very possible for two men of different sexual orientations to have something in common which does not revolve around sexuality, just like two straight guys can enjoy a beer together or talking about sports.

And just as it is possible for a straight man and woman to talk without sex getting into the picture, so can two men. So I would not worry whether the guy next to you at the gym is gay or straight. Just do your thing, get in better shape, and then reap the benefits with those women here who appreciate a fitter physique.

They are attracted to the mirrors. It's like how club bathrooms are magnets for gals. Both groups want to look at themselves from as many angles as possible.

:o

hehe Heng...yes you are soo right..i noticed that too. and in their bag, they have zillion types of cream/ lotion for every parts of the body.

thanks.

Don't drop the soap! or you might get more of a work out than you expected.

This whole thing 'uncomfortable with gays in the gym' that comes up about every 2nd year is really just a turnaround of the typical straight male fantasy of 'coming on' to women at the gym turned inside out. They get a taste of the kind of atmosphere that fantasy creates for the women, with the exception being that they are the only ones bothered by it (the gays enjoy flirting!) and then without any actual harm or harassment- in fact, probably without any reference to them- they want to complain about it.

At best it exposes odd attitudes about relationships with people of all kinds. Most together gay guys don't really care anything about straight guys, and don't attempt to flirt with them. Most together straight guys are amused or flattered if a gay guy makes the mistake of flirting with him. Would imagine that OP has some major issues re. sexuality and is projecting them onto the very natural activity happening in young people around him, while they could probably care less about him (it isn't about him).

They are attracted to the mirrors. It's like how club bathrooms are magnets for gals. Both groups want to look at themselves from as many angles as possible.

hehe Heng...yes you are soo right..i noticed that too. and in their bag, they have zillion types of cream/ lotion for every parts of the body.

You've made quite a study of them- btw, I don't really always know which ones are gay, myself- perhaps you could tell us the secret signs? I'm sure there aren't any straight men who use lotions or creams on any part of their body, so that's one sign. What else?

This whole thing 'uncomfortable with gays in the gym' that comes up about every 2nd year is really just a turnaround of the typical straight male fantasy of 'coming on' to women at the gym turned inside out. They get a taste of the kind of atmosphere that fantasy creates for the women, with the exception being that they are the only ones bothered by it (the gays enjoy flirting!) and then without any actual harm or harassment- in fact, probably without any reference to them- they want to complain about it.

At best it exposes odd attitudes about relationships with people of all kinds. Most together gay guys don't really care anything about straight guys, and don't attempt to flirt with them. Most together straight guys are amused or flattered if a gay guy makes the mistake of flirting with him. Would imagine that OP has some major issues re. sexuality and is projecting them onto the very natural activity happening in young people around him, while they could probably care less about him (it isn't about him).

I dont disagree with much of what you say but the big problem is that most are NOT together. Still wanna stand up for them, run a poll on how many straight guys on tv have been hit on by gays here.

I'm sure there aren't any straight men who use lotions or creams on any part of their body

I have to disagree.

DVD Latina lesbos # 5 has me reaching for the lotion.....

^ :o

^^You're free to start any poll you like, but I doubt it will show anything- after all, you have to show how the straight guys knew that the gay guys knew that they were straight. Unlike the OP, I don't seem to have the magic talisman that shows who is straight and who is gay.

Gotta go now, work calls- play nice, I'll be back later.

I think this is a rather logical and probably pretty accurate post.

As for those who seem to think that all gay guys are hitting on them, well, I don't know about you, but it hasn't been that way with me. As I have written before, I am 50 years old, but I am not too terribly ugly and have been fit all my life. Yet I don't get hit on despite being around gay men. I was assaulted by a man as a child, but that was about power, not about sexuality. I was subject to a half-hearted pass while hitchhiking as a university student. I had a friend confess to me that if I was ever curious about the other side of life, he would be happy to introduce me to it. And other than the obnoxious ladyboy hookers calling out for clients on Walking Street, that has been about it.

So unless you have some incredible allure that gay men can't resist, I really doubt that too many posters have been subject to untold passes by gay men.

^ :o

^^You're free to start any poll you like, but I doubt it will show anything- after all, you have to show how the straight guys knew that the gay guys knew that they were straight. Unlike the OP, I don't seem to have the magic talisman that shows who is straight and who is gay.

Gotta go now, work calls- play nice, I'll be back later.

come on! unless you are here for few days,, it is very easy to tell certain thai gay man. i don't want to pin each points but i guess it is natural and they didn't adopt such movements or whatever. i respect the way they are and they are not obstacle for me not to go the asoke gym. I still go there because it is easy location for me.

But they are quite unusual for me as i don't see them everyday back at home quite so often. so of course i'm uncomfortable when guys dreaming of my sweaty body or drooling their hungry eyes upon me. and how do i know who is flirting with me? yes everyone knows when they are been flirted and if you don't know then it is the problem of your age.

but i'm very much available to socialize if they don't have any intention in their mind.

I go to the one on Sukhumvit, and yeah it's packed with the gays. The dude that signed me up was so delicate I thought I might crush his hand if I shook it...lol

Any way, yeah it's quite noticeable when their eyes never rise above crotch level, but only had to "correct" one of them who was peeking threw a hole in the stall next to me...I'm 5'11, 210Lbs former American football player, and a hefty punch on my stall wall saw him bolt out of his stall...HA!

But I prefer Thailand's Buddhist acceptance of people just being who they are than the American Christian idiocy of everything being a sin against this and that.

Besides, being hit on by a gay guy really is a compliment, as guys are guys gay or not and being hit on means you have some level of attractiveness.

But they are quite unusual for me as i don't see them everyday back at home quite so often. so of course i'm uncomfortable when guys dreaming of my sweaty body or drooling their hungry eyes upon me. and how do i know who is flirting with me?

If that is the way you feel, then that is the way you feel. But to take this slightly off topic, there was a recent thread about leering at Thai women. Most men thought it was harmless (including myself, if the watching is not noticable), but a few women wrote that it was demeaning or made them feel uncomfortable.

I am going to assume that since you go to the gym, you are fit enough to fend for yourself. But many Thai women are significantly smaller than most men. So if you feel uncomfortable with men "drooling" at you, how do you think a much weaker and smaller Thai woman might feel if some huge foreigner is drooling at her?

I am not picking on you personally, but just using your statement to draw a parallel to the other thread.

Well they dont have any natural lubricant do they :D