British Traveller Speaks Of Thai Terror

sriracha john

People sign false confessions and false apologies EVERY DAY in Thailand under duress of torture. International organizations have consistently called Thailand among the most corrupt police systems in the world. While I can't know the real truth behind this Brit's case, I would be very wary of jumping to the conclusion that he is guilty of anything.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that there is more to this story than meets the eye.

My guess is that he was trying to bilk the insurance company out of some money so he could continue his onward round the world trip and that he got caught.

Perhaps he ran out of money because he had not factored in the cost of doing a visa run every 15 days or that he helping some local girl out because her water buffalo was sick.

Your sure :o

Ah the speculation without the facts :o

It is true he could have been pulling an insurance scam but it is equally true that once he kicked up a stink and went with the rep to the police station the stolen items were hastily returned to his room. We just don't know so speculation is pointless.

1 + 1 = 2

Simply case.. this boy tried to get some extra travel money via his insuance..

After a couple day's in a nice Thai cell he won't do that again....

got what he deserved...

So do the police always go back with people who have reported thefts, and check their belongings?

Please be aware that by posting personal correspondence with this guy on this forum you are violating forum rules regarding privacy issues. I have deleted the offending correspondence and feel that this thread is invasive of this person's privacy.

///CLOSED//