Fish And Chips, Where Is The Good Stuff?

Jingthing

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, i just read that article, he has proper fish for fish and chips - HADDOCK!!!!! :)

Yeah, haddock my favourite, but at todays exchange rate nearly a tenner(470bt), I'll give it a miss as I also do with many overpriced foods from back home.

Try the Bowling Green's' fish and chips. Available MON-FRI at just 99 baht.

Soi Drarin (Soi Xzyte) off Soi Buakhaew.

simons resteraunt at the bottom of hill turning round corner towards jomtiem beach, on the right hand side, small resteraunt but very nice haddock and chips, imported from Scotland,

Are you having a laugh?

'Simons' was voted worst fish & chips on the Eastern Seaboard.

Although this was posted on the Pattaya forum, what about fish and chips further afield ?

The best fish and chips I ever had was in Hull.

Which is really convenient because there's a Thai consulate in Hull.

How much further afield?

:):D:D

Unfortunately, their efficiency (which is fantastic) does not include posting cod and chips back with you Visa !

My best ever was last year in Filey - 400 Baht though for a takeaway ! Excellent fare.

I was actually thinking of 'further afield' in Thailand.

Kristians, Fish/Union Quay North Shields along with the Fishermans Mission, same place on Fridays (few years ago mind you!), as many posts have said its all down to the Batter. I worked on trawlers for nearly 20 years between Oban on the West Coast and N. Shields and these were cetainly 2 of the better places I found.

Probably, but not in the Pattaya forum. Try the Issan forum....

Phil, it is only people in the Pattaya forum who eat fish and chips :) .

Don't tell me they don't occasionally travel out to the nether regions.

Agree the Ahvale in Aberdeen is the best I have ever had. Plu they have a licenced restaurant so you can get phissed with your chips.

Poor deluded loons. Decent chippy but you clearly haven't been to the Golden Haddock in Arbroath. :)

Kristians, Fish/Union Quay North Shields along with the Fishermans Mission, same place on Fridays (few years ago mind you!), as many posts have said its all down to the Batter. I worked on trawlers for nearly 20 years between Oban on the West Coast and N. Shields and these were cetainly 2 of the better places I found.

Agreed, off the boats into the batter and into the pan, never fresher. But the best chippies always within walking distance of the trawlers landings, as long as the batter OK!

simons resteraunt at the bottom of hill turning round corner towards jomtiem beach, on the right hand side, small resteraunt but very nice haddock and chips, imported from Scotland,

Are you having a laugh?

I am just posting on my experience only although relitavely new to area, and I certainly will be trying a few more fish resteraunts here in pattaya,,, I had the haddock and chips and would go back again yes, I know they have a variety of fish dishes, MAYBE some of the voters are not as familiar with the taste of UK caught haddock as I am, but cannot comment on others thoughts only my own (16 years working in scottish fishing industry catching them) but no certainly not the best I have tasted but nice taste and certainly not off

Are you having a laugh?

I am just posting on my experience only although relitavely new to area, and I certainly will be trying a few more fish resteraunts here in pattaya,,, I had the haddock and chips and would go back again yes, I know they have a variety of fish dishes, MAYBE some of the voters are not as familiar with the taste of UK caught haddock as I am, but cannot comment on others thoughts only my own (16 years working in scottish fishing industry catching them) but no certainly not the best I have tasted but nice taste and certainly not off

Sorry old chum, didn't mean to offend. Maybe I'll give Simons another go this year.

I recommend the 'Golden Goose' between Soi 7 and 8 Central Pattaya 2nd Road and the 99 baht fish and chips at the Bowling Green on Soi Drarin (Soi Xzyte).

Jamesons fish and chips on Fridays are O.K. Don't bother with fish and chips at Shenanigans they have gone right down the pan.

Without doubt,the best farang food in Pattaya, fish and chips,beef stew,chilli concarni,indian curry,spahetti

IS AT MY HOUSE

MY GF AMAZING COOK AND THE THAI FOOD IS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

As much as we all appreciate that your girlfriend is a fine cook of foods from every corner of the globe, this is of little help to those of us who wish to search out acceptable food places in Pattaya; (in this thread; fish and chips).

Let us all know when you open your own restaurant, I'll be on the front row.

Without doubt,the best farang food in Pattaya, fish and chips,beef stew,chilli concarni,indian curry,spahetti

IS AT MY HOUSE

MY GF AMAZING COOK AND THE THAI FOOD IS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

As much as we all appreciate that your girlfriend is a fine cook of foods from every corner of the globe, this is of little help to those of us who wish to search out acceptable food places in Pattaya; (in this thread; fish and chips).

Let us all know when you open your own restaurant, I'll be on the front row.

Cheers me dears.I misread the post,i was thinking it was,where is the best place for farang food lol

Edited by somtampet

Are you having a laugh?

Sorry old chum, didn't mean to offend. Maybe I'll give Simons another go this year.

I recommend the 'Golden Goose' between Soi 7 and 8 Central Pattaya 2nd Road and the 99 baht fish and chips at the Bowling Green on Soi Drarin (Soi Xzyte).

Jamesons fish and chips on Fridays are O.K. Don't bother with fish and chips at Shenanigans they have gone right down the pan.

hi syd, no offence taken,,, maybe I hit simons on one of their good days when I was there, but the haddock tasted nice, but for sure I shall be trying some of your recommendations out and maybe simons will fall on my list, but I must say that as far as type of fish go the haddock can't be beaten as a choice of fish in a fish supper.

thanks

If you're talking taste and quality and not concerned about price, then I'd agree either Simon's in Jomtien or Goose's on Second Road.

I agree Haddock is far better than dirty mucky filthy worm ridden bottom feeding Cod, but at Goose's it's about 470 baht, so Cod is fine thanks.

Re 99baht at Bowling Green, I thought it was more than that - 140+? NeeRoy's is 99 baht.

If you're talking taste and quality and not concerned about price, then I'd agree either Simon's in Jomtien or Goose's on Second Road.

I agree Haddock is far better than dirty mucky filthy worm ridden bottom feeding Cod, but at Goose's it's about 470 baht, so Cod is fine thanks.

Re 99baht at Bowling Green, I thought it was more than that - 140+? NeeRoy's is 99 baht.

Bowling Green MON-FRI Fish & Chips 99 Baht

Bowling Green MON-FRI Scampi & Chips & Side Salad 140 Baht