Nude Calendar Sparks Controversy From Public Health Ministry

sriracha john

I refuse to respect any govt that repeatedly does idiotic things like this. Their sense of duty and what the government can/should do is probably one of the stupidest systems I've ever heard of.

Was watching a movie on Star Movies last night... it hit me. Can't watch someone smoke a ciggy on TV but can watch a chick smoke out of her baby chute no problem. If they take care of the latter then maybe I'll pay attention to the first.

There are waaaayyy bigger problems in the country. Till they can take an honest look at themselves they'll continue to be a laughing stock....sad too. Could have done a lot with attention/money that came from Tsunami.

Paul

No matter what ever they do they are still in there own country and they can do whatever they want or make any rules they want and if you as a guest can not respect that it is time for you to pack your suitcase and get the hel_l out of here,and for your information Thailand refused any money from outside after the sunami.I am tired of al the farang betweters how to run a country,where ever you come from,USA or Britain look at your own country there is a lot to be done.

No matter what ever they do they are still in there own country and they can do whatever they want or make any rules they want and if you as a guest can not respect that it is time for you to pack your suitcase and get the hel_l out of here,and for your information Thailand refused any money from outside after the sunami.I am tired of al the farang betweters how to run a country,where ever you come from,USA or Britain look at your own country there is a lot to be done.

Ha-ha, you are funny. Here, have a beer.

Weren't all Thai females topless just 150 years ago? If so, why not go back to the old days of Thai culture?

It was common until 1938, when a 'special' PM (Plaek, who held fascism and the ordered nature of Nazi Germany in high esteem) wanted Thailand to become more 'western'. Kinda fun reading the old fliers of DO's and DON'Ts.

So what we have here is new Victorian values and nothing about Thai values at all.

A shame really.

Thai_culture_poster.PNG

Edited by TAWP

Ha-ha, you are funny. Here, have a beer.

Also a dictionary & a short-treatise on puntuation. :D

I remember the ex-PM refusing the tsunami aid, saying that Thais would look after their own, unfortunately they didn't. :o Except perhaps for the large sum in cash which went missing from Phuket Town Hall ... did they ever recover that ? :D

In a festive mood I am willing to offer my services

to the lasses who drink Bacardi Breezer.

I need 11 other, slightly chunky, overweight

and past it blokes to pose with me.

Thai Visa Bacardi Breezer Geezer Calendar 2009.

Make it 2010; some may need time to reduce to slightly chunky :o

The girls shown are topless, but not nud_e, but I would need to see more pictures for a definitive opinion to be given. :D

Perhaps hunky-men photos might also appeal to other posters ?

If the Ministry wishes to promote Public Health, perhaps these young ladies might be shown demonstrating the use of showers and soap, or the calendars might carry suitable messages promoting safe-sex ? :D

Even better would be a safe sex video :o

Perhaps the Ministry of Health would be more happy if the mangled bodies of drunk drivers and their victims were displayed on the calendars. It is certainly more culturally acceptable to stare at such dreadful scenes and certainly much more culturally acceptable than naked (were there?) bodies of beautiful young women!

I refuse to respect any govt that repeatedly does idiotic things like this. Their sense of duty and what the government can/should do is probably one of the stupidest systems I've ever heard of.

Was watching a movie on Star Movies last night... it hit me. Can't watch someone smoke a ciggy on TV but can watch a chick smoke out of her baby chute no problem. If they take care of the latter then maybe I'll pay attention to the first.

There are waaaayyy bigger problems in the country. Till they can take an honest look at themselves they'll continue to be a laughing stock....sad too. Could have done a lot with attention/money that came from Tsunami.

Paul

Oh,please, not another " You're a guest in their country and if you don't like it you can go home" poster?

One of the things that makes this wonderful land so special is the freedom to comment on some of the things that come out of otherwise intelligent people's mouths. There are times when it is almost the theater of the absurd.

Commenting on the words and actions of politicians and civil servants (bureaucrats) is not yet an illegal act and thus it is what makes Thai Visa an enjoyable forum.

As some previous posters have commented, it is OK for impressionable Thais to see people on TV massacring others with machine guns and wiping out bystanders with fast cars, but not OK to show some attractive scantily attired females in order to sell beer. I constantly have to remind myself there's no prostitution in the Kingdom of Thailand.

I am a resident here, have paid income taxes for years and live in my family home, so not about to go "home. And no, not American or British. (Why you chose to single out those two I am not sure :o

Hypocritical barely covers these people.

Khun Ladda needs to get out more I think.

Please excuse my laughter , a country famous for its sexual freedom the world over is being castigated for a semi-nud_e beer calender of anorexic females by its own government no less .By the same token , a video of Pataya promoting much of which is available , had no such comment , bunch of old maids with a distorted view of life in a global perspective .

Many an expat favours Beer Lao over the locally brewed piss. Beer Lao is not only a dam_n fine tasting lager, it is more forgiving the next day - especially when compared to the likes of Chang and Singha. It had been mooted that Beer Lao, which is presently only available at a limited number of farang-oriented venues in Bangkok and other major tourist centres, would be widely available in Thailand come next year. Bad news I am afraid and that has been put off until 2011. The explanation given was that beer was too sensitive a product to be tariff-free. Can't say I understand the thinking in that. Are the Thais trying to protect their market? Are they aware that Beer Lao is a fabulous drop, better than anything brewed in Thailand - and the fact that it will be cheaper than anything brewed locally must be a real concern. Have no fears, while it might not be available at the local 7 Eleven or supermarket, all of your favourite venues currently stocking it will continue to do so.

(Stickman)

:o

So we'll just have to keep on forcing the Leo down (with help from the ladies).

Edited by mahtin

What exactly is the Cultural Surveillance Unit? It sounds rather sinister.

Careful, Big Sister may be Watching You ! :D

:D With the big Buffont hairstyles and painted faces.

Now that might make an interesting calendar, for some of us older members (sic), the idea brings back memories of the based-on-real-life film 'Calendar Girls', about a group of Womens-Institute ladies from Yorkshire who raised over a million pounds for their local hospital. :o

Do you think Pokemon might wish to be associated, with such a depraved venture, as raising money for local good-causes ? :D