800k---400k

Hi All

this info was told to me by someone who says it came from ''sun belt asia'' as follows. All 12 month visa's will now only require a 400K bank account instead of 800K. Can anyone verify this. Of course I'm talking about the retirement visa that I'm on.

I have in the past been able to get a retirement visa due to the fact that I have been receiving in excess of 800K per year from my super fund. Since the Aussie dollar has devalued there is no way I'm going to make that this coming year. As it stands at the moment I may need to change my visa to that of married to Thai national :o

Regards Joe

The retirement visa still requires 800K.

You can still qualify if your pension is under that by having a Thai bank account holding the difference.

For example, pension income 550K, Thai bank account 250K ... sorted.

This is commonly called the "combo" method. With this method, the money in your Thai bank account does not have to be seasoned for two or three months. But you do need a letter from the bank stating the balance which matches your passbook balance.

Havnt heard any rumors about a 400.000 THB for a retirement extension but who knows....in this financial crisis times that have been affected the entire world and even if Thailand seems have their economy under control the economy crisis will affect Thailand too.

The tourism have been dropping and maybe the immigration rules will change again like many times before but in another direction.

I think Thailand in the coming future will be more dependent on any kind of tourism as well as expats that prefer to settle here as a retiree.

Lets wait and see what will happen here in Thailand in 2009.....anyone have any ideas or??