Money Transfer Out Of Thailand

ZOVOX

I heard that it is more difficult to transfer large sums of money, say 400k, out of thailand. Does anyone know what the procedure at the bank is ? And is it the same for say 40 million baht ?

Thanks !

It used to be that you can only take out, what you brought in. I send money out monthly and although it is a small sum, I have trouble even doing that.

I now use the black market boys in Bangkok for a fee of 2.5% on larger sums.

I heard that it is more difficult to transfer large sums of money, say 400k, out of thailand. Does anyone know what the procedure at the bank is ? And is it the same for say 40 million baht ?

Thanks !

It used to be that you can only take out, what you brought in. I send money out monthly and although it is a small sum, I have trouble even doing that.

Peng Mak Torn!!!

Now they give thor tor sam only for amounts above 20.000 dollars... As long as you want to resend that amount back.. they send it without having a thor tor sam

This answer was given to me 3 weeks back byt Bangkok Bank Pattaya 2nd road.. and they resent for me 750.000 bahts It took me less than 15 minutes in the bank and same day at 10 o'clock morning in Europe.. the money was on my account abroad.

Have a nice day

My bank told me that having a Work permit made it possible to transfer large amounts, not sure how large though.

Thanks !

I think you should leave mathematics alone, brainbox.

You can legally take out any amount.  Just takes time and patience and yes it is legal.  Nuff said. :o

Except for the big sign at the Airport that says "Baht50,000" ONLY!!!

But doesn't that mean no more than 50,000 in Thai Baht? I mean, any other currency okay? Assuming you had converted to some other currency or TCs there shouldn't be a problem with how much you carry, should there? I'm just guessing now.

Thanks !

Why the fluck are you trolling me, you are really starting to piss me off :o

Thanks !

Dont bite Tornado........there's those who know and those who think they know. :D

Thanks !

Dont bite Tornado........there's those who know and those who think they know. :D

I prefer to split it into those who dont know and those who know they dont know

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm now I feel Guilty. Wow never saw that sign 50,000.

The last trip I had two rooms, one for me and one for my son.

When they gave me the one months deposit back one each room. After they took soooooooooooo long to read the power and the water. I think it was 80,000 baht plus what I had left over in my wallett re spending money and rebate on goods bought you know the thing tax back on goods bought while visiting.

I think the total was 100,000+. I only just had time to catch the plain. I GOT UP EARLY and plain left at 4-30 in afternoon. There so bloodly slow at times. Two months later they never stopped me bringing it back in to LOS to redeposit it in my Thai bank acount.

PS

Ok the hotel said to us on the day we left we thought you were leaving tomorrow.

I didn,t feel like asking for the so called extra day we had suppose to have paid for. They made us so late then we hit the Bangkok traffic. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

How about a black briefcase handcuffed to your wrist? And remember to tell me when the transfer takes place :o

ASIC

Or how about the smartest, easiest way; the way the Triad and other underground groups do it. You're given a small slip of paper with something scribbled on it. Take it to your destination and go to 'your local pawn shop,' and redeem it for the cash. Nice if it was really this easy.