What's The New Pm And The Government Going To Do - Policies / Plans ?

JimsKnight

Well we've got he new PM in and he seems pretty decent compared to Thaksin, angry man Somchai and that geeky crony guy.

So has anyone listened to what his policies are?

I saw on Thai TV him speaking for ages and what-not but with no english translation its interesting to speculate and wonder on whats next :o

Less strict visa laws?

Friendlier business and work permits for farang?

A more free-wheeling approach to the bars and entertainment zones in Bangkok and beyond?

etc etc.

Well we've got he new PM in and he seems pretty decent compared to Thaksin, angry man Somchai and that geeky crony guy.

So has anyone listened to what his policies are?

I saw on Thai TV him speaking for ages and what-not but with no english translation its interesting to speculate and wonder on whats next :o

Less strict visa laws?

Friendlier business and work permits for farang?

A more free-wheeling approach to the bars and entertainment zones in Bangkok and beyond?

etc etc.

Hate to disappoint you but haven't you heard, the new government is currently dealing with criticism of it's Foreign Minister (for saying that closing the airports was fun), Commerce Minister (being a Mama-san), PMs Office Minister ( alleged paying 80 million to get a post)and things are just warming up as even the Nation is suggesting it was a quiet coup by the PAD/Elite/Army Democrats and that they lack credibility.

Most policies really are just for the most part copying TRT. Do some reading and confirm.

My personal suspicion was that many of the PAD/Democrat/Army supporters here were so as they wanted a return to the good old days in the night life industry as you alluded to (won't elaborate) which was of course under the Democrats. However I doubt this will be high on the agenda and they will have to wait and see if they get long bar hours.

Again sorry to disappoint but UG says that work permits etc actually were made easier under Taksin. Add to that Democrat partners. the PAD and Army. have both expressed anti foreigner Nationalistic views.

I suspect all will simply just roll along as is for a while.