Police Controls North Of Pattaya

nickbk

I drive quite often North of Pattaya (to Sriracha or Chonburi), either on Sukkhumvit or to the motorway and I have noticed a huge increase in the number of police checks both on sukkhumvit and on the access road to the motorway. They stopped me once for "not driving on the left line". And the same happened to a friend of mine.

This seems to be their new fight (or their new good reason to take your money) So just as a warning, If you drive up north, stick to the the left line.

I drive quite often North of Pattaya (to Sriracha or Chonburi), either on Sukkhumvit or to the motorway and I have noticed a huge increase in the number of police checks both on sukkhumvit and on the access road to the motorway. They stopped me once for "not driving on the left line". And the same happened to a friend of mine.

This seems to be their new fight (or their new good reason to take your money) So just as a warning, If you drive up north, stick to the the left line.

I had the same troubles manytime, just pay the Tee money, that's it . I guess it have to to with saving money for the yearly roadrepairs on Sukhumvit Road. They don't want spend money to to repair more than one line. That's way i gess it's not allowed to use the other lines, so they not get damaged. Remember: Every vehicle have to drive at the left lane. The right one is only for "roaddecoration", to be proud that we ca show highways.

I had the same troubles manytime, just pay the Tee money, that's it . I guess it have to to with saving money for the yearly roadrepairs on Sukhumvit Road. They don't want spend money to to repair more than one line. That's way i gess it's not allowed to use the other lines, so they not get damaged. Remember: Every vehicle have to drive at the left lane. The right one is only for "roaddecoration", to be proud that we ca show highways.

What happen if you drive constant in the wronglane in your home country you won't get a ticket,don't be so arrogant or piss off where you came from

Getting stopped for driving in the right lane too long is nothing new, been going on for years, but here is a tip - make sure your right indicator is on,they seem to ignore you if it is on, or might be pure luck?????? :o

The outside lane,on any road is for the sole use of Big Busses doing 100-120 kph,and Lorries trying too catch them. :D

How dare anybody try and take their lane,especially a Farang. :o

Do the BiB,stop the Busses and Lorries???,i do not think so. :D

I thought the outside lane was reserved for the military.

Getting stopped for driving in the right lane too long is nothing new, been going on for years, but here is a tip - make sure your right indicator is on,they seem to ignore you if it is on, or might be pure luck?????? :o

Yes, it's been around for a long time.

Earlier in the year, Thai Rath printed a full explanation of why driving in the right lane is not committing an offence and suggested motorists cut it out and present for the officer to read next time they're stopped for this one. I haven't tried it! :D

It's New Year bonus time for the local Mafia AKA BIB.

MY wife was once stopped for "Speeding in the outside lane" and she vehemently protested that she was only doping 60 kms/hr. So the BIB told her that in that case she was going too slow in the outside lane and he still wanted his tea money :D

Sometimes if you protest long enough and hard enough they give up, as they could be milking a lot more motorists during the time they are arguing with you.

Doesn't always work though, and is it really worth it?

BTW, an upmarket car and dark windows works miracles. Never been stopped since I changed my auto - they don't know who is inside - might be their Godfather. :o

i live by Banglamung police station ,only ever been stopped once,went through red light ,naklua turn ,very polite ,took my licence said call in tomorrow pay 400 baht ,only stop in 3 years,oh forgot nearly got stopped one other time ,but he realized i lived near him and waved me on with a smile.

imagine running a light in britain ,give me thailand any time.

i ride a large bike 1000cc+ and often travel at the same speed as the cars if not "slightly" faster, I have 2 points to make here,

the road quality on parts of the main road in the left lane are downright dangerous for big bikes

overtaking is done on the right of other traffic (same as at home in UK)

Two reasons why I can be found in the right hand lane

Edited by smedly