Tourist Visa Renewal

I have read that if you do a visa run to say Cambodia from Pattaya on the day after your visa expires (e.g. you do the run on 31st of month and visa permitted entry til 30th of month) that is no problem and everything proceeds as if you were there the day before i.e. 30th, i.e. no overstay fine no delay etc is this true is there any risk involved in relying on this?

Are we talking about you having a double entry tourist visa and you exit the first time a day late? As Lopburi says you are leaving yourself open to arrest and deportation while in Thailand.........however if you make it to the border i cant see you have any problems when you come to re-enter. This said, why would you want to go a day late? keep yourself within the law......that way you will not come unstuck.

I have read that if you do a visa run to say Cambodia from Pattaya on the day after your visa expires (e.g. you do the run on 31st of month and visa permitted entry til 30th of month) that is no problem and everything proceeds as if you were there the day before i.e. 30th, i.e. no overstay fine no delay etc is this true is there any risk involved in relying on this?

why don't you give it a try and see how it turn out, actually give it a couple of try.