Love The Thai "winter"

MeetJohnDoe

Ahh winter in Thailand...Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the cool weather. It's great to get my winter electric cooling bill of only B215 (US$ 6) sure beats hundreds of dollars in some parts of the US :o

I'm also getting free water for the past 6 months or so as part of the government's economic relief program...so the living is cheap in Thailand right now and a great place to ride-out the hard economic times.

You realise that lots of people (including me) are going to hate you now? But never mind, in my case it's pure envy! Enjoy it while you can. In Ireland at the moment it's a couple of degrees above freezing, so I'm feeling sorry for all those in the western US and Canada.

My time will come!

I'm also getting free water for the past 6 months or so as part of the government's economic relief program...
Hi,

Same for me on water... and on electricity :o

I bought my condo 5 months ago

and every month I receive a nice "0.00 baht" electric bill.

It's free because I use far less than the 80 units of the program.

Thanks Thailand

Ahh winter in Thailand...Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the cool weather. It's great to get my winter electric cooling bill of only B215 (US$ 6) sure beats hundreds of dollars in some parts of the US :o

I'm also getting free water for the past 6 months or so as part of the government's economic relief program...so the living is cheap in Thailand right now and a great place to ride-out the hard economic times.

Wow, you must have very few electrical appliances. Never had a bill below about 1,400 and I haven't used the aircon once in the last few months.

I have somehow qualified for free water though, which is surprising as I use my garden hose for a good 30 mins every day. I believe this finishes next month?

and every month I receive a nice "0.00 baht" electric bill. It's free because I use far less than the 80 units of the program.

If I'm reading the bill correctly, I used 140 units so too much for free :o

For the past 2 months and hopefully for the next 2, just running a refrig, a 42" LCD TV, computer, and a few fans and the lights.

But I'll pay-up in April/May, with 1 or both air-con units at 29c 24/7...bill will be around 2k per month!

Since times have only become worse since free water program started, maybe the gov't. will extend it...saving that B 100 or so a month = a couple happy-hour beers :D

I'm also getting free water for the past 6 months or so as part of the government's economic relief program...
Hi,

Same for me on water... and on electricity :o

I bought my condo 5 months ago

and every month I receive a nice "0.00 baht" electric bill.

It's free because I use far less than the 80 units of the program.

Thanks Thailand

I have the same but I was told it only applies for 6 months with new condos - after that you will have to pay for the electricity in full.

I have the same but I was told it only applies for 6 months with new condos - after that you will have to pay for the electricity in full.
Hi,

My understanding is that the full program was launch for 6 month "only" in August.

It should stop for everybody (house/condo, new/old) in February 2552.

PS: My condo is not a new one. Far too expensive/crazy for me... :o