Farang Food

leprechaun

Well, I can tell you what my Thai husband prefers. Bacon, sausages, poached eggs, baked beans and fried tomatoes on toast. :D

And no, I am not British :D

My husband will try anything. He believes that it is important to at least show an interest in the other person's food, culture etc. Otherwise, it shows a certain lack of interest in what makes that person who they are, doesn't it?

Fortunately for me, he loves farang food, and japanese food, and mexican food, and.... :o:D

Edited by sbk

Well, I can tell you what my Thai husband prefers. Bacon, sausages, poached eggs, baked beans and fried tomatoes on toast. :D

And no, I am not British  :D

My husband will try anything. He believes that it is important to at least show an interest in the other person's food, culture etc. Otherwise, it shows a certain lack of interest in what makes that person who they are, doesn't it?

Fortunately for me, he loves farang food, and japanese food, and mexican food, and....  :o  :D

sbk, where the heck do you find this on phangan??? I have trouble finding this food in Sriracha...

My gf loves just about all farang food i have cooked for her.

spag bal

tacos

nachos

Indian curry(ok maybe not farang)

fried breakie

bacon on a baguette. So many foods. She'll try anthing. Shes also quite partual to a bit of prime Scottish beef. :o:D

She loves my mashed potatoes with gravy and a good steak or pork it filet marinated with suki sauce and coconut milk, the meat is always cooked on a charcoa barbecue.

I also had her try mayonnaise which she really likes now.

She also likes peanut butter . A bit expensive here but I can t live without it.

And no, I am not British  :D

Fortunately for me, he loves farang food, and japanese food, and mexican food, and....  :o  :D

Just goes to prove, English food is the best :D

For Breakfast: Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches on cracked wheat bread. This is every single morning. And, when there are exactly three slices of bread left she makes a triple-decker and calls it a "Pig Mac".

For Lunch/Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken sandwich from Subway.

She also likes: Caesar Salad, pizza and "Cookies and Cream" ice cream.

I have no idea how she manages to stick at 60 kilos while I'm at 80 and climbing.

Perhaps it's the beer. She doesn't drink!

For Breakfast: Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches on cracked wheat bread. This is every single morning. And, when there are exactly three slices of bread left she makes a triple-decker and calls it a "Pig Mac".

For Lunch/Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken sandwich from Subway.

She also likes: Caesar Salad, pizza and "Cookies and Cream" ice cream.

I have no idea how she manages to stick at 60 kilos while I'm at 80 and climbing.

Perhaps it's the beer. She doesn't drink!

Give it a few years mate and she'll be fat as

Edited by Jockstar

Just goes to prove, English food is the best  :o

I must be having browser problems if I'm seeing the above quote. nobody would actually SAY that? :D

-------

She likes most western foods.

Try making a roast beef and tossing in a few habanero peppers into the gravy to simmer for awhile. Goes over well.

Mexican food, especially stuffed jalapenos.

Margaritas (She's a teetotaler until I bring these out :D )

For some reason she can eat her "cream of naplam" sauce all day but can't handle a lamb vindaloo, which I eat alot of. Go figure. :D

cv

After 4 weeks in the UK all my Thai g/f likes is bacon. She brought a holdall full of Thai sauces and fresh vegetables (and they opened it and let her through at customs!) and has been cooking Thai food daily. She even managed to get 'kapee' in Sainsburys.

However, she's just eaten a Christmas dinner which she finished!!!

Mine will try most things as long as she can put chilli on it!!!

likes a pepper steak with mushrooms though and spaghetti marinara with seafood.

Yorkshire fish cakes

Spicy baked chicken (barbequed)

Mushy peas

Aloo ghobi

But generally sticks to Thai food; Som tam and noodle soup.

Wow this is interesting, here in Udon Mexican food is hard to come by, but it's the wifes favorite, Steak a biggy, BLT's, spegetti pizza cheese burger fries Ice Cream, prefers coffee flavor with almonds. Chocolate

We eat about a 50% mix and most of the farrang food is done at home. We just got a oven stove so there is some experimenting in the future. It a,azes me I show her once then she makes it better then I do.

Now she wieghs a wopping 41 Kilos, what did she want for christmas all the wieght reduction gadgets. She doesn't need it, but it made her happy so I got it.

Xmas eve I was wandering around Tesco and came accross a display full of Tim Tams and other Arnotts treats. How could anybody not like those.

The whole family had a try and each and every one says "Mai Alloy".

At least I got all the Tim Tams to myself now. :o

Inspired by this thread I decided to cook dinner for my GF the first time ever. She works in the F&B department of a big hotel, so is rarely home for meals. When she is, we almost always go out.

I decided on plain old spaghetti, a salad, a "French" baguette from a Japanese bakery and a bottle of Merlot.

I set out shopping about Noon on Sunday and was astounded at how expensive food is here on Saipan: $3.50 for a bag of Romaine? $2.00 for a tiny head of radiccio? $0.70 for a single, crummy looking tomato? $3.50 for the smallest jar of olive oil? $2.50 for a little red wine vinegar? No wonder we go out! I spent almost thirty bucks, not counting the wine!

Anyway, the meal was a big hit. Perhaps part of the thrill was that I actually took the time to prepare it. Anyway, she cleaned her plate and seemed to love the pasta, sauce, salad, dressing and French bread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I earned some points yesterday....