Life In Uk Test

Hi,

Can someone answer me this question please?

The life in uk test I believe was taken with around 30 questions, and I believe all of the 30 had to be answered correctly, is this true?

The reason im asking is, my wife works in a Thai supermarket, and reguarly speeks with other Thai women, and they say they have taken or know others who have taken the test, and say there is 24 questions and you only have to get 18 right, is this true?

Bit puzzled :o

Scotty

I posted the example test would you like it again ?

Yes please!

Crikey some of those questions I don't even know the answer to myself 'when were women given the right to vote'?

Not that it applies to me but what happens if your Thai wife does not speak or write any English?

From Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom

You can demonstrate your knowledge of language and of life in the United Kingdom in two ways.

If you speak English to a reasonable standard, you will need to pass the Life in the UK test. If you are not an English speaker, you will need to take and pass a course in English and citizenship. To check your language ability, you should work through the tutorial on the Life in the UK test website. If you cannot fully understand the information in this tutorial, you may need to take a course in English and citizenship.

Sample questions can be found in the tutorial, What you need to know.

Yes please!

Crikey some of those questions I don't even know the answer to myself 'when were women given the right to vote'?

Not that it applies to me but what happens if your Thai wife does not speak or write any English?

I thought this was a citizenship test?

I fail to understand why requiring someone to study the history and culture as well as requiring them to be able to speak the language is such a burden.

Its called studying, apply oneself to the handbook that is clearly on offer and I don't see why this should be such a hardship.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please!

I thought this was a citizenship test?

I fail to understand why requiring someone to study the history and culture as well as requiring them to be able to speak the language is such a burden.

Its called studying, apply oneself to the handbook that is clearly on offer and I don't see why this should be such a hardship.

I am not saying it's a burden at all, I was just surprised at that sample question! I did not know the answer myself and I am reasonably educated!

I thought it would be something like 'what's the capital of UK'!

Obviously if it's just a handbook with all the answers, no worries! My girlfriend speaks, reads and writes english, so will get her stuck into it!

I reckon once you have passed this test, you are going to be more educated on UK Citizenship than the majority of 'Vicky Pollards' actually born in the UK!!! :o

Hi,

The life in uk test I believe was taken with around 30 questions, and I believe all of the 30 had to be answered correctly, is this true?

The reason im asking is, my wife works in a Thai supermarket, and reguarly speeks with other Thai women, and they say they have taken or know others who have taken the test, and say there is 24 questions and you only have to get 18 right, is this true?

Scotty

Hi,

Scotty

The second version of this test is now in place mate,its very different to the earlier one ,, the first one was allowing too many Thai wives to live a normal life in the UK with their husbands ,, so a much tougher one has been introduced. There are about 3000 obsolete questions that I know of no one from the UK can give you all the answers to , and from that list they draw ANY 24 ,,, and your wife will have to get a minimum of 18 correct. There are proposals going through now to limit the amount of FLTR applications our wives are allowed ,, also today proposals have been made to put all immigrants without this poxy bit of paper to go on a probationary period . No doubt this year the UK government will ramp this test up even more, so as to send our wives back to Thailand to allow more families in from the eastern european blocks ( the people that REALLY belong here in the UK ??? ) good luck mate !!!!!!!

Hi,

Scotty

The second version of this test is now in place mate,its very different to the earlier one ,, the first one was allowing too many Thai wives to live a normal life in the UK with their husbands ,, so a much tougher one has been introduced. There are about 3000 obsolete questions that I know of no one from the UK can give you all the answers to , and from that list they draw ANY 24 ,,, and your wife will have to get a minimum of 18 correct. There are proposals going through now to limit the amount of FLTR applications our wives are allowed ,, also today proposals have been made to put all immigrants without this poxy bit of paper to go on a probationary period . No doubt this year the UK government will ramp this test up even more, so as to send our wives back to Thailand to allow more families in from the eastern european blocks ( the people that REALLY belong here in the UK ??? ) good luck mate !!!!!!!

Again, it's not just our wives that have to take this test, but the vast majority of immigrants wanting to settle here. They are not just picking on the Thai's you know.

As for the influx of people from the ex-eastern bloc countries, well we are a small island with limited space, but they're only taking advantage of the rights given to them by our glorious government - and you've also got the right to go and llive in Poland if you choose to do so. :D