Just Back From Visa Run Bkk To Pong Nam Ron

Well i went for for a company that leaves BKK at 9.30am ,same price as all the others 2000 baht,

2 photos and a photo copy of the main page of my passport,

i got there at 8,45am went to Mc d for egg and bacon rolls,then sat down and filled in the paper work,

9,25 got on the coach and grabbed a seat , the coach was nice and clean ,we left bang on 9,30,

on the way we had fried rice with a choice of chicken or pork and a can of pop or coffee,

we stopped after 3 hours for a 10 min break , then set off again we got to Pong Nam Ron at

1.45pm this border crossing was empty of tourists just 2-3 mini vans and us,

the coach dropped us off right outside the Thai immirgration office it took just 15 mins to check out buy some duty frees

and check back in to Thailand ,back on the bus by 2.15, another stop 10mins then back to Bkk arriving at 7,45pm,

it is a shame that this border seems so far away,

So it was a long day.

But if your not a earlybird (ie) 5am or 7am its ideal,

all the best and a happy new year to all

colino

This sounds like the same company I tried several months ago. It leaves Ekkamai by way of the expressway but coming back, just when you think you will be back in BKK for happy hours it gets stuck in traffic jams while it drops off people on the way in i.e. it does not take the expressway all the way into BKK.

Unfortunately I will have to use this company again this weekend. I would have used Jack Golf but I was told that their 9.00 am departure bus service does not (re)start until Jan 10th.

I used Jack's before and tried this service last weekend because I am not an early bird, either.

But if I have to do border run again then I am going to use Jack's again.

Waking up at 4:00 a.m. is pain in the you know what, but stuck in a bus all day long is worse.

And with Jack's, you don't have to wait in line to pass the customs.