Is Mohs Micrographic Surgery For Skin Cancer Available In Bkk?

nontharic

Hello, we are currently overseas so unable to personally check into this; forum feedback will be most appreciated. Are any BKK hospitals offering Mohs micrographic surgery with concurrent biopsy for skin cancer? If so, what has been the experience with it and is any particular doctor recommended? Equally, does any forum member have experience with Singapore's National Skin Center's Skin Cancer center and whether they accept expat patients? I have a basal cell carcinoma in an area of my face which is said to be riskier for recurrence, so want it removed and done right. If I have to I'll have it done for mega-money in the US but would prefer not to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions, guidance, feedback.

Cheers!

Hello, we are currently overseas so unable to personally check into this; forum feedback will be most appreciated. Are any BKK hospitals offering Mohs micrographic surgery with concurrent biopsy for skin cancer? If so, what has been the experience with it and is any particular doctor recommended? Equally, does any forum member have experience with Singapore's National Skin Center's Skin Cancer center and whether they accept expat patients? I have a basal cell carcinoma in an area of my face which is said to be riskier for recurrence, so want it removed and done right. If I have to I'll have it done for mega-money in the US but would prefer not to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions, guidance, feedback.

Cheers!

Yes:

Mahidol University Medical Group http://www.universitymedicalgroup.org/php/...=mohs%20surgery

Bunrungrad International Hospital http://www.bumrungrad.com/overseas-medical...kin-center.aspx

Interesting that I had the same question come up with the diagnosis of a small basal cell carcinoma on my nose. My dermatologist (Dr. Niyom) is at Bumrungrad with qualifications from the USA in Moh's, but I have spoken with him and they no longer perform Moh's at Bumrungrad (although it's still listed in their site) because as he put it: the required technicians were not adequate there. From what I can find, the closest hospital doing Moh's is at the National Skin Centre in Singapore. I suppose the problem is that basal cell carcinoma is something that is not all that common in Asians.

By the way, the link above to Mahidol leads to a page with a listing for a dermatologist in Rhode Island, USA. However, I did some searching and found that there is apparently a Dr. Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha at Siriraj Hospital who is qualified in Mohs, but I have so far been able to get in touch with anyone there who can give me a definitive answer regarding whether they actually perform the procedure there.

Looks like it might be a trip to Singapore!

Edited by bubba

• 7 months later...
Interesting that I had the same question come up with the diagnosis of a small basal cell carcinoma on my nose. My dermatologist (Dr. Niyom) is at Bumrungrad with qualifications from the USA in Moh's, but I have spoken with him and they no longer perform Moh's at Bumrungrad (although it's still listed in their site) because as he put it: the required technicians were not adequate there. From what I can find, the closest hospital doing Moh's is at the National Skin Centre in Singapore. I suppose the problem is that basal cell carcinoma is something that is not all that common in Asians.

By the way, the link above to Mahidol leads to a page with a listing for a dermatologist in Rhode Island, USA. However, I did some searching and found that there is apparently a Dr. Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha at Siriraj Hospital who is qualified in Mohs, but I have so far been able to get in touch with anyone there who can give me a definitive answer regarding whether they actually perform the procedure there.

Looks like it might be a trip to Singapore!

Did you end up getting the surgery done in Singapore? Any observations? advice?

Explore