Aussie Passport

he will have both (like me). As long as one of the parents is Thai, the Thai Nationality Act states that the child wil also be thai, no matter whether they are born inside or outside the kingdom.

Yes, my friend's baby was born in the U.S and has both thai/u.s citzenship, but i believe the child has to choose between one or the other when she becomes an adult - not sure with Australia ? After the baby was born, i think she just went to the Thai embassy and they did all the registration stuff.

he will have both (like me). As long as one of the parents is Thai, the Thai Nationality Act states that the child wil also be thai, no matter whether they are born inside or outside the kingdom.

Yes, my friend's baby was born in the U.S and has both thai/u.s citzenship, but i believe the child has to choose between one or the other when she becomes an adult - not sure with Australia ? After the baby was born, i think she just went to the Thai embassy and they did all the registration stuff.

nothing in Thai/US/Australian law which says that a child 'must' choose a nationality when they are older.

nothing in Thai/US/Australian law which says that a child 'must' choose a nationality when they are older.

i asked a question a while back about passports. I'm British and have Oz residence my gf is Thai. We are going to Oz in a year or so. So i was wondering if it was possible to hold 3 if our kid was born in Oz. I was told yes. They can get the Oz pp as they were born there. The British pp as i am British and also Thai as the missus is Thai. So he/she will have a few options.

i asked a question a while back about passports. I'm British and have Oz residence my gf is Thai. We are going to Oz in a year or so. So i was wondering if it was possible to hold 3 if our kid was born in Oz. I was told yes. They can get the Oz pp as they were born there. The British pp as i am British and also Thai as the missus is Thai. So he/she will have a few options.

A child born in Australia of foreign parents doesn't automatically get Australian citizenship, he/she would only get a residence visa.

A child born in Australia of foreign parents doesn't automatically get Australian citizenship, he/she would only get a residence visa.

Sorry Tiz, thats not correct. Any child who is born in Australia after the 20th August 1986, who has at least one parent who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident, will automatically aquire Australian citizenship. Check out the DIMA fact sheet on the subject here

Sorry Tiz, thats not correct. Any child who is born in Australia after the 20th August 1986, who has at least one parent who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident, will automatically aquire Australian citizenship. Check out the DIMA fact sheet on the subject here

Tiz is right and so are you.....A child born of FOREIGN parents does not automatically become a citizen

One parent has to be a citizen