Caddie Scam?

teddyboy

I just wonder why anybody in it's right mind needs a caddy for? I played golf all my life in many countries

I have never ever used a caddy. Now normally the caddy is the one who advices the player what club to

use and so on, most caddies get paid a lot of money by professionals for theyr advise but I guess most

golfers come or live in Thailand are looking for some thing else but advice. I have doesent's of friends

from my former country who come here just to have a good time with the ( female ) caddies. I am not saying this apply to the OP

maybe because it is mandatary to take a caddy, not a choice and why would you make such a ridiculous statement that golfers are looking for something else besides advice!!! get a life!!!or get a round of golf in!!

What is the world coming to when you can't grope the female caddies' breast in Thailand when you get the urge? :o

True, so true....

...but if anyone ever sees me groping my caddie (had her for nearly 10 years - a real pro but ugly as sin!) please shoot me dead as I then officially will have become a DOM (dirty. old man) :D

By the way, I played well,had 35 stapleford points ( I over my H/cap of 8) Thanks again

Good round. Put it down to Shit Happens and move on. As said previously, some courses let you book caddies, which is a good idea. Our four regular caddies, in our foursome, gave each of us a Christmas present this year, which was nice of them. An enterprising caddie will work on his/her game, in the long run it pays for them.

I just wonder why anybody in it's right mind needs a caddy for? I played golf all my life in many countries

I have never ever used a caddy. Now normally the caddy is the one who advices the player what club to

use and so on, most caddies get paid a lot of money by professionals for theyr advise but I guess most

golfers come or live in Thailand are looking for some thing else but advice. I have doesent's of friends

from my former country who come here just to have a good time with the ( female ) caddies. I am not saying this apply to the OP

Any one in their right mind needs a caddy to, carry your clubs, rake traps, fix divots, find balls, maybe read greens, fetch clubs, give advise, maybe good, maybe not so, and oh yeah, it's mandatory, have you ever golfed in Thailand?

i have removed the card from caddies pockets on so many occasions, really, this is a standard thing to do. I'd never play there again in protest, it's owned by the bank and they don't give a hoot. The previous comments are correct, go to court have your wittness and you;ll lose. I went to court had a senior middle THAI management as my wittness, GUILTY, I nearlly fell over, it was a simple misdemenour, but when you have been charged and handcuffed i tell you it's a horrible feeling. When the so called judge reads the charge sheet,. long before you and your wittness have your say, her/she (judge) has made up ther mind to find you guilty, no shit. I have no respect for any law enforcement person in this country. Just yesterday, renew my 12 yr visa, oh you're from Bkk last visa, no, no,. no you have wrong doc's, I knew full well my documents were all in order, especially when my Bkk immigration officer whom I had known for 10 yrs arranged them was all they required, but he whispered to my wife just put Baht 3000 in the appication and I'll give it now...........my wife, as wertern minded as she is thougght it was great coz i got my visa, I thought why can't they see this is horrible to do this to our foregin visiters, who really support the economy, but they only see black and white. I HAVE A VISA.... bye all.

P.S. most of the cadies I touch when removing the card, just love it....5555555. makes for a fun day. on both sides

Well I have golfed with Ted a few time and I must say that this was one real SCAM for sure.. Someone asked why the caddies didnt support Ted well for one thing they have to work with them all the time and silence is better than talking against your co-workers. Some of us still wonder is this Caddie was related to the police ??? I think if he went to the police station he would have ended up paying more.. Innocence has nothing to do with anything in Thailand.. We are visitors and some treat us like chit.. There are a lot of scams going on here and one must just live with that or move.. our saying is T.I.T. = this is Thailand. We support you Ted

Well I have golfed with Ted a few time and I must say that this was one real SCAM for sure.. Someone asked why the caddies didnt support Ted well for one thing they have to work with them all the time and silence is better than talking against your co-workers. Some of us still wonder is this Caddie was related to the police ??? I think if he went to the police station he would have ended up paying more.. Innocence has nothing to do with anything in Thailand.. We are visitors and some treat us like chit.. There are a lot of scams going on here and one must just live with that or move.. our saying is T.I.T. = this is Thailand. We support you Ted

Thanks for the info. We are going over to Pattaya in June to play heaps of golf so will remember to leave the caddies alone (better to be safe than sorry). However! we have played in Phuket (Loch Palm) and the majority of caddies did not seem to care about physical contact if so my mate would have been in real trouble, he had his caddy sitting on his knee most of the day, one day. The only weird thing that happened to us (IMO) was after the game, we had lunch and presentation along with many many drinks, during all this my mate knocked over a glass that smashed, we cleaned it up and thought nothing about it, 5 minutes later the waiter came up and said he had to pay 100bht for the glass, he couldn't stop laughing and pulled the money out and handed it to him. Our group of 12 had spent 3000bht pp for the game, tipped the caddies 300bht each and spent 0'000bht eating and drinking at the club. Did we leave a tip? I think you know the answer.

What , and they were waiting for the day some dozy Farang removed a scorecard from her breast pocket ? :o

You think that it would stop at 2000 Baht if that was the case ?

Look, at the end of the day, Ted was wrong to have done what he done, he may see no wrong in it, but what would have happened in USA or UK in similar circumstances ?

I've seen the way some Farangs act towards Caddies at various courses, they think they can say and do what they want cos they're only Thai women, in their own countries they would say and do nothing cos they wouldn't dare cos they know the circumstances that go along with such actions.

LOL... Can you imagine doing that in California, your azz would be sued to death already, you got off lightly Teddy, don't whine about it !

Edited by Maigo6