Refund From Thai Airways!

paulnuek

I was due to fly with Thai Airways on 7th December from Bangkok to CM.

As the airport was closed I received an email from Thai to say that I would be given a refund.

On my return to the Uk I have found that I have still to receive a refund.

I have sent several emails to Thai Airways but have yet to receive a reply.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I am out of pocket by over 1200 as it was for 2 first class tickets!!!!!

"I am out of pocket by over 1200 as it was for 2 first class tickets!!!!!"

That means 6oo per person. How did you manage it, to get such cheap first class tickets ?

I think he was taking the bus.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Bangers to the Mai...FIRST CLASS...didnt know they did it...been business many times ....

learn sumit new every day... :o

I think they sometimes put a 747-400 on the route, when traffic is heavy, but can't think why anybody would want to fly 1st-Class on a 50-minute hop ?

I received what I would call unacceptable treatment from Thai Airways.

I arrived 5 years ago with an open return changeable date for one year to the UK.

On arriving I redeveloped debilitating panic attacks and agoraphobia and couldn't even go outside the moat for some months let alone on a plane. A year later I was doing better but a plane, (strangely although i can fly one) was still quite impossible.

I got a letter from the Ram saying they recommended not overdoing it and to give it time.

I took it and a letter from me to Thai Air. After a back and forth and phone calls I was refused an elongation of the ticket.

Talk about keenio. What the hel_l is a medical letter supposed to cover? it's not as if it would put them out of pocket!

The long and short is Thai Airways was able to sell my seat and profit from my illness. Five years later I am doing much better but planes are still out and I am effectively stuck here. Luckily i have the wherewithal to mentally turn a negative into a positive but no thanks to Thai Airways who I had previously travelled with every year.

cheers

Forget about Thai Airways.

They are a 3rd world (and that is being very charitable) airline with 5 star prices.

Vote with your feet. Boycott TG

The best airline in the world (SIA) is streets ahead of TG and will remain so.

Edited by john b good

Forget about Thai Airways.

They are a 3rd world (and that is being very charitable) airline with 5 star prices.

Vote with your feet. Boycott TG

The best airline in the world (SIA) is streets ahead of TG and will remain so.

I agree, in particular on the BKK-CNX route :o

/ Priceless

Should have been 12000 baht for 2 tickets 1 way first class return economy class.

£234

I have sent numerous emails and have yet to receive a reply!!!!

Don`t think I will use the online service again.

Just turn up at the airport and get the next available flight like i have done in the past.

If it is going to take 2 billing cycle, it would have been nice to know for Thai.

Not to be completely ignored!!!!!

Bangers to the Mai...FIRST CLASS...didnt know they did it...been business many times ....

I think they sometimes put a 747-400 on the route, when traffic is heavy, but can't think why anybody would want to fly 1st-Class on a 50-minute hop ?

The tickets were for my wife and daughter (2) and after travelling for almost 20 hours from the uk home I did not want them to wait another 8 hours at the airport so first class was the only option to fly out after 2 hours.

The return leg was to be economy by the way :D

As luck should have it we were rerouted to CM anyway so didnt need the domestic tickets.

it amazes me how THAI airways still have got absolutely no promotions going, maximum fuel surcharges (at least still high), no business ethics, premium ticket prices without premium services and stuck up personnel during these times when airlines are either going bankrupt or being bailed out. Wish you guys all the best in getting your money back from THAI airways ..

i am definitely a happy Air Asia customer when it comes to domestic flights or flights to Malaysia.

Dear Sir,

Please note that your request has been forwarded already.

Under such circumstances, the refund may take about 4-12 weeks to process.

Yours Sincerely,

Peeraya Boonsiriseth

THAI Net Flight Reservations

Excellent service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use China-Airlines from the US and never had an issue even when needing to change dates or similar issues...Food is decent, decent service, little movie/game TV in every seat back... though the girls could stand to be slightly friendlier, but i'm sure they get it all the time so it's understandable...

Edited by damian5000

I checked the Thai airways website recenly and there was a special section of reduced cost internal flights for the month of Jan. So could be worth checking for a bit of a bargain.

good luck finding a bargain there. have checked it out. marketing gimmick!

No. Even if there's a 747-400 with first class flying CNX-BKK or BKK-CNX they never charge you first class rate. You only pay business class rate and get business class service (though your seat will be a first class seat, not many people care though cuz its only 50 minutes and usually it's being reserved or locked by some locals with authority especially seat 1A and 1B)

Oh and next time please try to buy airlines ticket through Credit Card... so in case something like this happen you can "charge back". (No promised service delivered, you can contact your credit card issuer immediately)

No chance. The money has already been credited to TG and debited from your account. Have to go through the snail trail to get your money back.

TG are real happy to take your money but always reluctant to give give some back. I've been a gold member for 6 years with TG Royal Orchid Plus and have never been given any favors. I've been stuffed around and messed around on numerous occasions in the past. Due to the recent closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport I'm out of pocket only US$600, I might get some of it back.

Sometime last year I canceled a Thai Airways ticket.

The Travel agent said it would take up to 6 months to refund.

Sure enough 6 months later I got my refund in full.

You've just got to wait it out.

Personally I like Thai Air.

• 4 weeks later...

I've certainly seen a big change in Thai Air in the past 12 years I've been traveling to Thailand each year. There was a time I could walk into the ticket booth a couple hours before a flight and get on the next plane from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Then, when Suvarnaboomcrash came into operation that all changed. I kept hearing that all flights were full and would I like to upgrade to business class for another 1500 baht. After sitting in the airport for 5 hours I agreed to the better seats. However, when I got on the plane I noticed SEVERAL unoccupied seats in the economy class. I could only interpret that as being conned into paying more for less. And, the airline was never agreeable to putting me on an earlier flight if I ever arrived earlier than expected at the airport. I've had to wait over 12 hours many times at Suvarnaboomcrash. That never happened when only the Don Muang airport handled ALL the international and domestic flights.