Mcdonald's Trivia

thainet

I am sometimes partial to one particular Mc D burger and have found out an interesting fact.

I presumed all Mc D's in a particular country (ie: USA, Aust,Thailand etc) would have the same pricing for each item.

But as an example my 'Deluxe Cheeseburger' is 48 baht at the Chonburi Highway 7 stop, 49 baht at the North Pattaya Sukhumvit Branch

and 55 baht at the new branch between Soi 5 and Soi 6 on 2nd road.

The Manager told me the different pricing is because of rental prices, ease of getting/retaining staff, delivery costs etc.

So not a great fact but I feel more interesting than many posts on this forum. By the way I think their quickie breakfasts are excellent.

I am sometimes partial to one particular Mc D burger and have found out an interesting fact.

I presumed all Mc D's in a particular country (ie: USA, Aust,Thailand etc) would have the same pricing for each item.

But as an example my 'Deluxe Cheeseburger' is 48 baht at the Chonburi Highway 7 stop, 49 baht at the North Pattaya Sukhumvit Branch

The Manager told me the different pricing is because of rental prices, ease of getting/retaining staff, delivery costs etc.

So not a great fact but I feel more interesting than many posts on this forum. By the way I think their quickie breakfasts are excellent.

That was the most interesting point in your post. I cannot believe that anyone even considers their breakfasts edible, nevermind enjoyable. I wouldn't even call it food.

That was the most interesting point in your post. I cannot believe that anyone even considers their breakfasts edible, nevermind enjoyable. I wouldn't even call it food.

They are typical egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches - no better or worse than anywhere else. I have no idea how you can claim that they are "not food". They were better with English muffins and pancakes though. Can't figure out why they changed them. :o

They are typical egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches - no better or worse than anywhere else. I have no idea how you can claim that they are "not food".

I said "I wouldn't even call it food". I would call it poison.

Technically it is food because it provides macro nutrients (carbs, fat, protein), but I'm astounded that educated people consume it when they have so many alternatives.

In YOUR opinion!

They are typical egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches - no better or worse than anywhere else. I have no idea how you can claim that they are "not food".

Technically it is food because it provides macro nutrients (carbs, fat, protein), but I'm astounded that educated people consume it when they have so many alternatives.

If you are a strict vegan, or fruiterian, perhaps you have some reason to feel your diet is superior to the rest of us, but, otherwise, eating everything in moderation is about the best one can do. :o

They are typical egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches - no better or worse than anywhere else. I have no idea how you can claim that they are "not food". They were better with English muffins and pancakes though. Can't figure out why they changed them. :o

Sorry they are not typical egg mcmuffins, the ones in Thailand are complete crap, they didnt get rid of the english muffin, Thailand's McDonalds doesn't use them, making the egg mcmuffin a burger bun, with something , not the fillings the rest of the world uses, deep fried in something bad.

If you are a strict vegan, or fruiterian, perhaps you have some reason to feel your diet is superior to the rest of us, but, otherwise, eating everything in moderation is about the best one can do. :o

Just going by your ridiculous statement here ("eating everything in moderation is about the best one can do"), I have absolutely no doubt my diet is far superior to yours.

You're definitely in need of an education in the area of nutrition.

I know just as much about nutrition and health as you do and probably much more, but it sounds like you have not figured out how flighty much of this information is. One study proves one thing and another proves the opposite, but you are still sure that you know what you are talking about, even though you don't know sheeet. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sorry they are not typical egg mcmuffins, the ones in Thailand are complete crap, they didnt get rid of the english muffin, Thailand's McDonalds doesn't use them, making the egg mcmuffin a burger bun, with something , not the fillings the rest of the world uses, deep fried in something bad.

The only difference is that they have gotten rid of the English Muffins. Bad move though. :D

I know just as much about nutrition and health as you do and probably much more, but it sounds like you have not figured out how flighty much of this information is. One study proves one thing and another proves the opposite, but you are still sure that you know what you are talking about, even though you don't know sheeet. :o

Anyone justifying eating McDonalds bacon and egg sandwiches by making a comment that EVERYTHING in moderation is the best one can do doesn't know sheeet.

It's obvious that you find nutrition a very confusing subject, but how could you be that confused?

Eat as many bacon burgers as you please, but spare us the bs justification speeches.

What about McDonald's salads?

I saw a great movie by Morgan Spermlock, where he had to live on McDonald's for one month. He nearly died of liver failure and he barfed a few times. I don't think the odd burger does any harm though. (About one per month).

Anyone justifying eating McDonalds bacon and egg sandwiches by making a comment that EVERYTHING in moderation is the best one can do doesn't know sheeet.

It's obvious that you find nutrition a very confusing subject, but how could you be that confused?

Eat as many bacon burgers as you please, but spare us the bs justification speeches.

If you don't eat bacon, it must be some sort of brain food. :D

What about McDonald's salads?

I saw a great movie by Morgan Spermlock, where he had to live on McDonald's for one month. He nearly died of liver failure and he barfed a few times. I don't think the odd burger does any harm though. (About one per month).

Actually, many people have replicated that experiment and lost weight and come out quite healthy. He stopped exercising even though he had done it regularly and stuffed himself when he was not hungry. Gorging himself on health food and stopping exercise would have done exactly the same thing. :o

I know just as much about nutrition and health as you do and probably much more, but it sounds like you have not figured out how flighty much of this information is. One study proves one thing and another proves the opposite, but you are still sure that you know what you are talking about, even though you don't know sheeet. :D

You've provided plenty of evidence that bacon is not brain food. :o

You should give it up before it's too late.

I know just as much about nutrition and health as you do and probably much more, but it sounds like you have not figured out how flighty much of this information is. One study proves one thing and another proves the opposite, but you are still sure that you know what you are talking about, even though you don't know sheeet. :D

You've provided plenty of evidence that bacon is not brain food. :D

It must be brainfood, I just don't eat it often, however, you don't eat it at all! :o

You should see the price differential in Honolulu. A super-size Big Mac meal at a normal McDonalds: $4.69 - the same meal in Waikiki (tourist area) $7.49. Yes, they have higher rent on Waikiki Beach, but that's just plain gouging.

That's seems cheap compared to some of Colorado's ski resorts such as Vail....

OK back on topic.

A little known factoid about the golden aches.

As a corporate policy Mcd's corp prefer to own the properites their restaurants are located on and then lease the premesis back to the franchisee. As a result they are one of the largest property owners in the owrld, owning more property than the Catholic Church in Australia. (As told to me by a former head of the property dept in Oz)

(God I miss a spell checker. :o )

OK back on topic.

As a corporate policy Mcd's corp prefer to own the properites their restaurants are located on and then lease the premesis back to the franchisee. As a result they are one of the largest property owners in the owrld, owning more property than the Catholic Church in Australia. (As told to me by a former head of the property dept in Oz)

Furthering that, Maccas is actually a property business that sells hamburgers. (Google Ray Kroc / Maccas early franchises for those interested) Rent makes far more money for maccas than burgers do profits.

OK back on topic.

Go to the download section of TV, there is a spell checker there for free !