Wp For Foreign Company Salesman

Hi all,

I'm schedule for a meeting with a foriegn internet company that would like me to be a salesman to promote it's service in the region.

I serched around this but could not find the right answer.

So my question is: what is the procedure or the rules of getting a WP for a foreign company?

I'm married to a thai national if that's make a diffrence.

With great honor & respect for this forum I will be glad if you can answer me :o

Hi all,

I'm schedule for a meeting with a foriegn internet company that would like me to be a salesman to promote it's service in the region.

So my question is: what is the procedure or the rules of getting a WP for a foreign company?

With great honor & respect for this forum I will be glad if you can answer me :o

Work Permits only apply to Thai companies or juristic entities.

There used to be a provision that foreign companies could open "Representative Offices" for business development purposes and employ up to 2 ex-pats. Maybe someone else can advise if this, or something similar, is still a possibility.

Hi all,

For the work permit question sales calls fall into a catagory that a non immigrant B visa can be used for but it is not meant to be used as a visa to live here. For a long term stay you need a workpermit see this link to the labor act for some info that might help.

LinK: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a58931-...iens-Act-1-.pdf

If married to a Thai the business income, capital and number of employees per foreign employee is cut in half.

Married to a Thai makes the visa side of working easier because you don't have to show all the documentation required to for an extension based upon working. Just your marriage certificate, her ID/house book and 40K income or 400K in the bank for 60 days. Plus you don't loose your extension if your job ends.