Thai Choppers

barrybike

To be honest this is show bikes, and if anyone is honest you would not be able to pass the cone test with any of them. However due to lack of laws regarding bikes they're legal in most countries. It amazes me a lot, how can a bike be legal if you can't pass a license test with it.

Also the word chopper came from the soldiers from 2nd WW who went home to US and bought out cheap from the army the (at that time fastest bike around in US) Harley's from war duty, these were heavy bikes and the guys chopped of unnecessary parts to lighten term and make them faster, hence the word chopper was born.

What is called a chopper today has nothing to do with it, it is heavily customized bikes which is dangerous to ride on the road. They should be called Show Bikes. Also the original bunch who rode these bikes were ex-soldiers who was tough guys and they started Hells Angels who became known in the movie Easy Rider. For many years youngsters who looked at that movie believed that the bike made these guys though, and when they managed to get enough money from a decent job and hit middle age they put on glue on tattoos and false beard in the weekends riding Harley's believing they were tough guys riding around trying to show of as dangerous guys.

I believe if the guys from WW2 could choose today they would be on a Jap supersport bike, because what they were after was a fast bike, the fastest around bike actually hence the chopping and modding, and where do we see this today? In Jap bikes, they are the ones getting modded and chopped more and more for speed not a (living legend) who lives of yesteryears and people make unrideable...

I do not mind Harley, I had one myself but the reliability of the US made engine was so crappy I was happy to get rid of it. Also my mate was the transporter for OCC at the Europe Tour and he was not amused from the Lincoln bike frame collapse and so on. I also do not mind show bikes, they are fun to look at but let us call a spade a spade and call these bikes showbikes and not choppers because that is really an insult to the guys who invented the term.

Cheers Bard

hello bard,i have two word's to say to you"PEARL HABOUR". :o

It was after the korean war not ww2 the BOPPER was born useing the 45 harley a side valve 750cc,3 speed motor ,springer front end,hardtail frame,nick named"sucide clutch"(foot clutch) stripped of all accessories including front brake.These guy's were hero's from korea and liked to party and ride together and did not start hel_l's angel's.

It was after vietnam,again 45 used stripped and bopped only now they were ridden by brother's in arm's,hated and rejected by the country they fought for only brought them closer together and in chicargo the OUTLAWS MC the first brotherhood was born,not Hells Angels.

The film was "the wild one"with marolin brando had hells angels.Easy Rider did give Jack Nicholson his big screen break had no violence or gang's and is now a cult film.Big difference.

The Chopper is a bike (any bike) where the rake of the frame has been altered at head to suit the exstended front end and is skilled engeneering,the first step is to remove steering head which is normaly done with an angle grinder .You have now chopped your frame,hence,chopper,if designed right can be ridden as normal,i have seen some crackers over the years.

What defines a showbike to me is cost,during building you reach a point practial or trophy.OCC build trophy bike's,badly i might add.The owner's never had the intension to ride and if you think back on OCC'S build's for tv program,most were corperate build's,tax write off's i'd guess.I know guy's back home that ride 60000e motors it's not my thing but each to his own.

Here endth history lesson on BOPPER,CHOPPER & showbike now you have the fact's.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

the boozefighters mc would be one of the oldest clubs in america..its BOBBERS not boppers ,yes a chop dosent have to be mega bucks it can be anything jap,american ,scooter ..what ever the heart desires...hopefully there will be some cool stuff at bangkok bike festival in may

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a real Chopper...... banana seat 'n' all! First outing for the H-D Shovelhead beauty was a couple months ago at the Burapa '09 show. Built by the then President of Nagas MC of Sri Racha.

thats a real old school beauty alright ...who did all the work building it ace cafe ??? i missed this bike there look at all the pictures on the topic i did on pictures of burapa bike week........

To be honest this is show bikes, and if anyone is honest you would not be able to pass the cone test with any of them. However due to lack of laws regarding bikes they're legal in most countries. It amazes me a lot, how can a bike be legal if you can't pass a license test with it.

Also the word chopper came from the soldiers from 2nd WW who went home to US and bought out cheap from the army the (at that time fastest bike around in US) Harley's from war duty, these were heavy bikes and the guys chopped of unnecessary parts to lighten term and make them faster, hence the word chopper was born.

What is called a chopper today has nothing to do with it, it is heavily customized bikes which is dangerous to ride on the road. They should be called Show Bikes. Also the original bunch who rode these bikes were ex-soldiers who was tough guys and they started Hells Angels who became known in the movie Easy Rider. For many years youngsters who looked at that movie believed that the bike made these guys though, and when they managed to get enough money from a decent job and hit middle age they put on glue on tattoos and false beard in the weekends riding Harley's believing they were tough guys riding around trying to show of as dangerous guys.

I believe if the guys from WW2 could choose today they would be on a Jap supersport bike, because what they were after was a fast bike, the fastest around bike actually hence the chopping and modding, and where do we see this today? In Jap bikes, they are the ones getting modded and chopped more and more for speed not a (living legend) who lives of yesteryears and people make unrideable...

I do not mind Harley, I had one myself but the reliability of the US made engine was so crappy I was happy to get rid of it. Also my mate was the transporter for OCC at the Europe Tour and he was not amused from the Lincoln bike frame collapse and so on. I also do not mind show bikes, they are fun to look at but let us call a spade a spade and call these bikes showbikes and not choppers because that is really an insult to the guys who invented the term.

Cheers Bard

hello bard,i have two word's to say to you"PEARL HABOUR". :o

It was after the korean war not ww2 the BOPPER was born useing the 45 harley a side valve 750cc,3 speed motor ,springer front end,hardtail frame,nick named"sucide clutch"(foot clutch) stripped of all accessories including front brake.These guy's were hero's from korea and liked to party and ride together and did not start hel_l's angel's.

It was after vietnam,again 45 used stripped and bopped only now they were ridden by brother's in arm's,hated and rejected by the country they fought for only brought them closer together and in chicargo the OUTLAWS MC the first brotherhood was born,not Hells Angels.

The film was "the wild one"with marolin brando had hells angels.Easy Rider did give Jack Nicholson his big screen break had no violence or gang's and is now a cult film.Big difference.

The Chopper is a bike (any bike) where the rake of the frame has been altered at head to suit the exstended front end and is skilled engeneering,the first step is to remove steering head which is normaly done with an angle grinder .You have now chopped your frame,hence,chopper,if designed right can be ridden as normal,i have seen some crackers over the years.

What defines a showbike to me is cost,during building you reach a point practial or trophy.OCC build trophy bike's,badly i might add.The owner's never had the intension to ride and if you think back on OCC'S build's for tv program,most were corperate build's,tax write off's i'd guess.I know guy's back home that ride 60000e motors it's not my thing but each to his own.

Here endth history lesson on BOPPER,CHOPPER & showbike now you have the fact's.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

the boozefighters mc would be one of the oldest clubs in america..its BOBBERS not boppers ,yes a chop dosent have to be mega bucks it can be anything jap,american ,scooter ..what ever the heart desires...hopefully there will be some cool stuff at bangkok bike festival in may

Mc Cook County,lllinios Outlaws mc formed 1935,now have chapters worldwide and are listed by FBI as organised crime. :D

heres a nice exile bike from the guys from red garage in malaysia .picture taken at burapa bike week 09....bike is for sale too

Bloody 'ell that's a Panhead no? Got any more pics?

i think they are only pan head look alike rocker box covers on an efi engine....here is pictures of a similar style bike

post-70166-1239736309_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1239736323_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who converts any bike to a hard tail needs his head examined unless it is for show only. The drastically extended springer forks are OK on the open road but they need the turning radius or more of a ten wheel truck. NOT good for city riding. Ape hangers are for show only.

• 2 months later...
That Hayabusa is soooooooooo fuc+ing ugly it defies belief. :D:D

youd want to see it in the flesh then ..theres some money after being spent on that bike ...each to their own..i suppose your ride is way ahead of this :):D

Choppers and customs - not cool

150CBR's with custom paint and sticker kit - super cool

Is that right or did i just lose it somewhere ?

:)

CBR 150's are sweet, but theres no denying that these choppers are pretty cool like :D

i think i would look like a right dork riding one though they only suit certain cool looking people hehe.

Barrybike. Mate you can chuck loads of money at anything and some people think its cool because its 'loads of money'.

It doesn't really make it cool. some of what the guy did was nice BUT a super sports bike isn't a chromed chopper and shouldn't look like one.

"i suppose your ride is way ahead of this"

You can put smiley's after it but it doesn't stop the remark being condescending.

Barrybike. Mate you can chuck loads of money at anything and some people think its cool because its 'loads of money'.

It doesn't really make it cool. some of what the guy did was nice BUT a super sports bike isn't a chromed chopper and shouldn't look like one.

You can put smiley's after it but it doesn't stop the remark being condescending.

i only put this bike up coz i thought u guys were into sports bikes more than custom choppers , anyway u were the one to run it down ...every one for his own i suppose ..im only posting here to supply u folks with as much info as i can...i try to supply any one here with as much info as i can on the thai bike scene.....i also responded to ur smileys by the way before u talk about mine ..whats the point in having a forum to talk about 150cc all the time ,i just want to add my info ..coz i think i have alot of info regarding the thai bike scene.....i would go as far as saying i would know more thai bikers than any farang ..now maybe i wrong,you can go though my past topics and judge me if u want....

i only put this bike up coz i thought u guys were into sports bikes more than custom choppers , anyway u were the one to run it down ...every one for his own i suppose ..im only posting here to supply u folks with as much info as i can...i try to supply any one here with as much info as i can on the thai bike scene.....i also responded to ur smileys by the way before u talk about mine ..whats the point in having a forum to talk about 150cc all the time ,i just want to add my info ..coz i think i have alot of info regarding the thai bike scene.....i would go as far as saying i would know more thai bikers than any farang ..now maybe i wrong,you can go though my past topics and judge me if u want....

Barry the info is appreciated. It is not all on this forum who are into sports bikes.

nice lookin busa

Sorry barrybike, Im with thaicbr on this one, that bike looks like someone spewed paint all over it.

busas are generally fairly ugly things anyway, or should I saw its like ur chopper things they are an aquired taste. At least with the busa, when you throw ur leg over the thing, it does its thing. :)

Some of those choppers are absolutely amazing, just for the fact that someone, or some persons have sat there for so long building them. Truely some talent in the country with painting etc.

Thanks for the thread, I will go back to my Ducati videos now....thats where real beauty in a bike is.

Just showing the busa to someone else, asked them what they thought of it and they said it looked really bad, like it had been crashed or something.

Its an aquired taste, thats for sure. Alot of skill went into the painting of it.

I feel the person that gets off a bike with that colour scheme or whatever you want to call it, has just ridden from hel_l & is screaming out to the world, "I'm Bad".......maybe its Michael Jacksons bike? :)

now this is what you call a collection of thai proper choppers......many of them owned by dinosaurs mc ..springer club thailand.....

I've got good news for those who're looking for a great, nice fast and classic bike. A Yamaha 750 XV Virago, with a windshield, new break discs front, also pads, new battery, alot of Chrome. 55 horses, open 'screaming eagle' sidepipes will make you understand what it means to drive a classic bike like that. You can buy it for 127,000 baht cash. The documentation for a transfer to another province could be done by my wife's uncle. But you need to come and see this beautiful bike here in Sisaket. Even if you'd have to come from Phuket..it's worth every mile to travel. Not easy to find. Call me: 0860713572 Mike (English and German). See you soon. Live to ride, ride to live.

Edited by Sisaketmike

now this is what you call a collection of thai proper choppers......many of them owned by dinosaurs mc ..springer club thailand.....

I've got good news for those who're looking for a great, nice fast and classic bike. A Yamaha 750 XV Virago, with a windshield, new break discs front, also pads, new battery, alot of Chrome. 55 horses, open 'screaming eagle' sidepipes will make you understand what it means to drive a classic bike like that. You can buy it for 127,000 baht cash. The documentation for a transfer to another province could be done by my wife's uncle. But you need to come and see this beautiful bike here in Sisaket. Even if you'd have to come from Phuket..it's worth every mile to travel. Not easy to find. Call me: 0860713572 Mike (English and German). See you soon. Live to ride, ride to live.

put up a picture of the virago mike.......might improve your chances of selling it...