Thai Choppers

barrybike

This one? :D

lol :)

Don't like it? never mind it is not mine it's my friends

your friend has put alot of money into the bike ...id take off all the boxes and lose the sidecar and screen ..then it would look the business..but everyones different ...but i suppose if we were all driving the same bikes it would be boring too..all the best to your mate

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Can someone explain to me the purpose of extended forks? Is it only style or does it serve a function?

Extreme art to impress the naive and ignorant. Same w/ ape hangers. I recall that Peter Fonda had no feeling left in his arms after a day of filming Easy Rider.

What a waste.

U ride a Ninja, don't ya? :)

:) any new users got anything to add here

well :D

Dude, when u put yourself out there ya gotta be ready for tough words to come back. I am hard core Harley, but have learned to see the craftsmanship put into machines. Your bike is not my style but I can see the time and effort into it and admire it. Fast is not always the best thing but it sure helps when running from the cops.

I like that orange one, third from left. Barry, just out of curiosity....how much these sell for?

hot rod are trying to sell that bike for about 2 years now ,they were looking around 2 million baht for it............theyre is some serious hand engraving on this bike if you look closely...i was there in pattaya when he (ed hotrod) was loading it into his pick up to bring down to phuket bike week in april last year.

How come he didn't ride it????????????????? Like you said guys do? :)

I am seriously interested in being the first person in Oz (or LOS) to have one of these!

post-63954-1237117063_thumb.png

bsj there would be some serious torque from that bad dog ,3500 cc ,how much do you think it would cost for everything to get one on the road ??? i think the customs in thailand would go fairly hard on you to import one of those bikes ........

Hi Barry, I was looking at the whole thing from a starry eyed perspective! :)

The reality is it's about Au$40k to buy the engine and frame, then going from Harley prices another Au$25k for forks, wheels and tyres, tank, seat, fenders, lights, paint and chrome, get a wiring loom made. Plus there's another Au$12k for ADR testing. Then if all is well you can get a RWC (Road Worthy Certificate) take it to the Motor Registry and get it registered...and pay stamp duty, insurance and registration. Budget for Au$90k

If you can get a lot of the stuff made in LOS it would work out cheaper to do it there!

I am seriously interested in being the first person in Oz (or LOS) to have one of these!

post-63954-1237117063_thumb.png

bsj there would be some serious torque from that bad dog ,3500 cc ,how much do you think it would cost for everything to get one on the road ??? i think the customs in thailand would go fairly hard on you to import one of those bikes ........

Hi Barry, I was looking at the whole thing from a starry eyed perspective! :)

The reality is it's about Au$40k to buy the engine and frame, then going from Harley prices another Au$25k for forks, wheels and tyres, tank, seat, fenders, lights, paint and chrome, get a wiring loom made. Plus there's another Au$12k for ADR testing. Then if all is well you can get a RWC (Road Worthy Certificate) take it to the Motor Registry and get it registered...and pay stamp duty, insurance and registration. Budget for Au$90k

If you can get a lot of the stuff made in LOS it would work out cheaper to do it there!

id agree with that bsj..........so are u going to build something in thailand ???

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who designed his own chopper based on a shadow 750. I thought he was crazy until I saw the finished product. The guy who did his bodywork works out of a shack in town but his handywork is flawless. If I can find pics I'll show you what can be done for less than 200k.

I think it is for sale now too...

On to his next project!

I have a friend who designed his own chopper based on a shadow 750. I thought he was crazy until I saw the finished product. The guy who did his bodywork works out of a shack in town but his handywork is flawless. If I can find pics I'll show you what can be done for less than 200k.

I think it is for sale now too...

On to his next project!

yes loz throw up some pictures of the bikes ...would be good to see them ...

It's good to see this post revived, I missed it first time around. There are some sweet looking bikes here, and some that don't really do anything for me personally. Still, each to his own, and respect to all bikers in Thailand. For the V twin fans, I say ...

post-73341-1264004402_thumb.png

Edited by ballpoint

It's good to see this post revived, I missed it first time around. There are some sweet looking bikes here, and some that don't really do anything for me personally. Still, each to his own, and respect to all bikers in Thailand. For the V twin fans, I say ...

thanks ballpoint ...good to know some one gets enjoyment from the this thread..ill add plenty of pictures to it at bangkok bike fest next week and thungsong king of street night party the following weekend and then back for the big one ..burapa bike week in pattaya

• 1 month later...

post-92105-1268050986_thumb.jpg post-92105-1268050505_thumb.jpg post-92105-1268050395_thumb.jpg

Is anyone into bobbers in Thailand? Never really seen any but would love to own something like this. Are there any reputable old school builders out here? Anyone got an estimate of what something like this would cost? I do like looking at the mad tricked out stretch choppers but they're just not for me.

thanks ballpoint ...good to know some one gets enjoyment from the this thread..ill add plenty of pictures to it at bangkok bike fest next week and thungsong king of street night party the following weekend and then back for the big one ..burapa bike week in pattaya

X2

Great thread, great pics. I hear the guys who say the show bikes are not choppers in the original sence of the word but language is ever evolving and in todays world that traditional usage of "Choppers" is all but lost. What most people think of when hearing the term is a bike that has been heavily modified. Keep up the good work guys!

post-92105-1268050986_thumb.jpg post-92105-1268050505_thumb.jpg post-92105-1268050395_thumb.jpg

Is anyone into bobbers in Thailand? Never really seen any but would love to own something like this. Are there any reputable old school builders out here? Anyone got an estimate of what something like this would cost? I do like looking at the mad tricked out stretch choppers but they're just not for me.

loads of bobbers in thailand..plenty of builders too ...where are u based and what is your budget limit ???

post-70166-1268057953_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268057976_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058070_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058099_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058118_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058141_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058161_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058178_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058193_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268058219_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268059450_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268059472_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268059492_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268059506_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1268059525_thumb.jpg

Edited by barrybike

Thanks for the photos, some nice stuff. Right now I'm in BKK but moving up north to Chiang Rai. As for budget, Id just like to know if something like this is achievable for 200 - 300K baht. Springer front end, nice sturdy motor and some antique fat tyres. Am i dreaming?

any of ye see any nice choppers lately ??

My first movie in a cinema was Easy Rider.I still like it a lot in many ways.it took years to build my dream pan.i rode across europe before wildhogs.i been through the highways in us.and final from phuket to pattayabikeweek 2005 on my thaispringer its something to be done in a easyriderslive.the slow riding on a chopper is relaxing on a free way out in the night or with your only real friend.i still have my springer too but my lifebike is my Kawa 900.If anybody sees Dennis and Peter Free beer in Phuket for em.More springers on our clubs site.

post-74514-1268063046_thumb.jpg

post-74514-1268063131_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photos, some nice stuff. Right now I'm in BKK but moving up north to Chiang Rai. As for budget, Id just like to know if something like this is achievable for 200 - 300K baht. Springer front end, nice sturdy motor and some antique fat tyres. Am i dreaming?

You got Richco up there in Chiang Rai/Mai area and he would probably be the best place to start a project. Your probably not going to get an Evo for that budget but I reckon a CB750 a real sturdy motor that would still let you get into a bare bones bobber that would have plenty of power.