No F.a Cup In Thailand

bangkok blue

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it appears we were seduced and abandoned !

03:00 Saturday and no Derby v. Forest.

Gutted! My wife thinks I am mad getting dressed in my old Forest shirt to watch this game on the big tele downstairs. Nothing - no game at all!!! I have just sworn on my Brian Clough autographed pendant not to renew this <deleted>**ng cr**p UBC rotten membership!!

:o:D

Edit: after removing all the swear words I sent this to UBC and the FA:

We were told Forest versus Derby would be shown on ESPN in Thailand.

Its 3 AM here and it is not being shown!!!

Why Not???

Edited by dsfbrit

What a let down.

People here were apparently told the games would be on and they copied their correspondence on this forum by the FA but then the Derby game not on so assume will be same for the other matches.

I wondered when I saw last night the trailer for the FA Cup on ESPN an it said "not available in Thailand".

Also I suspicious looking at the ESPN schedule apparently for Thailand when the games being shown live gave HK/Singapore times not Thai times.

Am not sure who is at fault as TRUE do not control what is on ESPN, do they?

Worse now that we've been led to believe we would get the games but getting up in the middle of the night and sod all.....

What a let down.

People here were apparently told the games would be on and they copied their correspondence on this forum by the FA but then the Derby game not on so assume will be same for the other matches.

I wondered when I saw last night the trailer for the FA Cup on ESPN an it said "not available in Thailand".

Also I suspicious looking at the ESPN schedule apparently for Thailand when the games being shown live gave HK/Singapore times not Thai times.

Am not sure who is at fault as TRUE do not control what is on ESPN, do they?

Worse now that we've been led to believe we would get the games but getting up in the middle of the night and sod all.....

I am watching the live scores on the BBC. Its 1-1 and 1 minute to go!!! Just waiting for the next update!! 1-1 so at least I have the chance to see it again!!!!

Really disappointing not seeing this game...

This is from the Bangkok Post website at: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/10334/no-broadcast

Today's issue (Jan 24) Page 3 of Bangkok Post sports tabloid.

Published: 24/01/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: Sports

No broadcast

Due to a last-minute hitch, ESPN Star Sports can't show the FA Cup fourth round this weekend.

Stuart Turner, the FA head of broadcast, earlier said he arranged for ESPN Star Sports to show live eight games.

But an ESPN Star Sports spokesman said yesterday: "Despite our best efforts, we regret that we are unable to broadcast the FA Cup matches this weekend.

"Last-minute complications have prevented us from going ahead."

Another let down from True Visions / ESPN / the FA. I'm sure they'll all point the finger at each other and not take any blame for it.

Yet again the paying public in Thailand will have to suffer crap like X-games and re-runs of the Suzuki Cup while the rest of Asia are watching the FA Cup. :o

This is from the Bangkok Post website at: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/10334/no-broadcast

No broadcast

Due to a last-minute hitch, ESPN Star Sports can't show the FA Cup fourth round this weekend.

Stuart Turner, the FA head of broadcast, earlier said he arranged for ESPN Star Sports to show live eight games.

But an ESPN Star Sports spokesman said yesterday: "Despite our best efforts, we regret that we are unable to broadcast the FA Cup matches this weekend.

So why the eff did the FA tell us in effect it was a "done deal" only to waste our time and make our dissappointment even greater???!!!

I'm sure a lot of people had their doubts and it was always going to be a "I'll believe it when I see it", sort of situation as far as I could see. The idea that the Thai company which paid out for the rights was going to let ESPN show it for free never sounded very Thai to me. There's a price tag on everything. Everything.

Another let down from True Visions / ESPN / the FA. I'm sure they'll all point the finger at each other and not take any blame for it.

Yet again the paying public in Thailand will have to suffer crap like X-games and re-runs of the Suzuki Cup while the rest of Asia are watching the FA Cup. :o

Have to agree, I'm moving house in a couple of weeks, and one thing I will crtainly be doing is getting rid of Turd visions and getting a set up that will give me proper coverage.

Turd are <deleted>, and the FA are a bunch of tossers. :D:D

I wonder if I SMS in "Turd are a bunch of C***Ts, that will get sceened on ther SMS ticker?

Well, it appears we were seduced and abandoned !

03:00 Saturday and no Derby v. Forest.

Gutted! My wife thinks I am mad getting dressed in my old Forest shirt to watch this game on the big tele downstairs. Nothing - no game at all!!! I have just sworn on my Brian Clough autographed pendant not to renew this <deleted>**ng cr**p UBC rotten membership!!

:o:D

Edit: after removing all the swear words I sent this to UBC and the FA:

We were told Forest versus Derby would be shown on ESPN in Thailand.

Its 3 AM here and it is not being shown!!!

Why Not???

You'll get some turgid response thanking you for subscribing to Turd, but avoiding answearing the question.

Hi all,

This is all very frustrating, I received an e-mail from Stuart Turner of the FA late last night.

Clive

I’ve got some bad news I’m afraid. Due to a last minute legal hitch, we were unable to complete an agreement with ESPN Star Sports for this weekend’s Cup action. I realise that this must come as a complete blow to you and all other fans of The FA Cup in Thailand but the prospect of legal action in Thailand meant we simply could not get the games broadcast. I absolutely assure you that this will get sorted on a permanent basis before Round 5 but can you let any other fans with whom you’re in contact, know the scenario.

I’m extremely frustrated that this has not come about as we’ve invested a great deal of time in trying to come to a stop-gap agreement and ESPN Star had invested time and money in readying their affiliates in Thailand to carry the games, but as I say the last minute legal threat in a volatile market has scuppered all our plans. I appreciate also that you mobilised a number of people last time to complain which you were well within your rights to do but a similar reaction to this weekend’s disappointment will unfortunately not alter the fact that I continue to try and work on your behalf to remedy the situation.

Regards

Stuart

As you can see I honestly do believe the FA and ESPN have done all they can. I suspect either M-League who used to own the rights or TRUEvisions have thrown a spanner in the works. I have contacted Jintanda at the Nation newspaper who ran a story on this issue this week. Maybe she can find out who is responsible for the threat of legal action

M-League could still be claiming to have the rights, or possibly True's incompentence steming from sponsorship or advertsing rights could be the issue here. If anyone can find out the e-mail for the head of sports scheduling for TRUE or any contact details for M-League then post them here so we can try and pressure them into releasing the rights to the viewing public.

We nearly had this sorted before guys, The FA are doing the best. We just need to lobby and expose those responsible for ruining what nearly achieved.

No broadcast

just seen that in the bangkok post this morning, what a bloody farce. what the hel_l is a 'last minute hitch'? either they've agreed to show it or they haven't, which means money is involved - either ESPN wanting to show it for free or true demanding more money from ESPN. what a total cock up.

There appear to be 4 parties involved with screening the Cup matches, The F.A., M-League, True, and ESPN.

The F.A. say they are doing all they can to make the matches available, so it doesn't look as if it is their fault, and they are not the ones proposing legal action, so that rules out ESPN trying to show the matches without paying.

Maybe, as previously suggested, M-League still believe they have the broadcast rights and are threatening legal procedures against either the F.A. or ESPN.

I don't believe that True are the problem, they have no claim on the rights, unless

they have a contract with ESPN that prevents ESPN from screening the matches in Thailand, unlikely.

Maybe it is down to the Tiger Beer sponsorship. It's possible that in their sponsorship contact with ESPN there is a clause that prohibits the matches being shown in Thailand. The F.A. arranged with ESPN to show the games, ESPN arranged with True, but then Tiger Beer threatened legal action.

I guess we will never know the true picture, all we can hope is that something is sorted in time for the next round, but they said that after the 3rd round, didn't they.

The thing I can't understand is why it took until now for the F.A. to act. They must have been aware from the failure of the Community Shield match and the England matches to be covered that there was a problem. Do they have to wait until somebody complains?

i bet the FA know nothing about it delboy - why would they unless someone pipes up and tells them?

bloody livid about this now, tomorrow night was to be a burns night pissup followed by the derby at 11pm. now it'll be home at 10.30pm to try and find the match on tvuplayer. gutted.

Hi all! are they showing any of the games on south african cable you get in some parts of bangkok?

Sadly, SuperSport Africa does not have the rights for the FA Cup on the satellite feed we receive.

http://www.supersport.co.za/content.aspx?i...t&view=full

As mentioned above, the only option is a bar with Astro from Malaysia.

The only places I know with Astro are Penalty Spot and Tilac.

i bet the FA know nothing about it delboy - why would they unless someone pipes up and tells them?

bloody livid about this now, tomorrow night was to be a burns night pissup followed by the derby at 11pm. now it'll be home at 10.30pm to try and find the match on tvuplayer. gutted.

Me too, i'll be out tonight so not a problem but tomorrow is the killer as i was really looking forward to Cardiff V Arsenal then the Bindipping Derby from the location of one's Throne at Home... :o

More promises and more lies. I cancelled my Truevision subscription on Thursday and will be switched off next week. 2,000 Baht + a month saved. :o

I paid 6 months in advance, but will do the same in May. This is what UBC replied when I complained today:

Please be informed that there has another right authorized company which holding the license of the FA Cup in Thailand. They still keep that license and have not heard any information from them. This situation never happened in Thailand TV about the FA Cup Broadcast. We really apologize for this cause.

Thank you for your letter. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

More promises and more lies. I cancelled my Truevision subscription on Thursday and will be switched off next week. 2,000 Baht + a month saved. :o

I paid 6 months in advance, but will do the same in May. This is what UBC replied when I complained today:

Please be informed that there has another right authorized company which holding the license of the FA Cup in Thailand. They still keep that license and have not heard any information from them. This situation never happened in Thailand TV about the FA Cup Broadcast. We really apologize for this cause.

Thank you for your letter. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Cheers for that, i wonder what Language it's written in though & what it really means ??

a few bars in Samui have purchased the astro card for 14000 baht for the year, to mention a few PFC ,Ons Live Wire soi Reggae and Premier bar in Ban Rak. So FA cup on in these bars

Edited by NALAK