Forum upgrade in progress! ×

No F.a Cup In Thailand

bangkok blue

i bet the FA know nothing about it delboy - why would they unless someone pipes up and tells them?

bloody livid about this now, tomorrow night was to be a burns night pissup followed by the derby at 11pm. now it'll be home at 10.30pm to try and find the match on tvuplayer. gutted.

Watching the West Ham Game on TVU Player. Shianghai sports.

Half Time. Hartlepool 0 . West Ham 2. Behrami, Noble, Pen.

I couldn't get ATDHE to work.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the recommendations!

is the penalty spot down soi cowboi as well?

I went out for the last round of games down to the super sports areas of bangkok the games were advertised and the bar owner assured me it was coming on, gets to kick off time and on comes some skateboarding comp. :D Not a happy chap at all.A lot of people were confused, the nice bar owner, me my mates and a handfull of thais.

so all in all in the whole thailand theres a handfull of bars showing the game via a malaysian feed. what a farce. :o

I cant even stream the game due to my crappy tot internet connection! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

[

As mentioned above, the only option is a bar with Astro from Malaysia.

The only places I know with Astro are Penalty Spot and Tilac.

I'll give that a miss considering that the Penalty Spot is a well known rip off joint, and not a true sports bar.

i bet the FA know nothing about it delboy - why would they unless someone pipes up and tells them?

bloody livid about this now, tomorrow night was to be a burns night pissup followed by the derby at 11pm. now it'll be home at 10.30pm to try and find the match on tvuplayer. gutted.

Watching the West Ham Game on TVU Player. Shianghai sports.

Half Time. Hartlepool 0 . West Ham 2. Behrami, Noble, Pen.

I couldn't get ATDHE to work.

Final Score 0-2

I tried ATDHE earlier with the tennis and it worked.But not tonight. Maybe my conection is not good enough.

Judging on the reply another poster put on here from TRUE it seems M-League are digging their heels in over still holding the rights....

Hopefully the FA will act as a medeator and get this sorted eventually.... Anyone got any contact info on M-League? I've tried looking but can't find anything.

Judging on the reply another poster put on here from TRUE it seems M-League are digging their heels in over still holding the rights....

Hopefully the FA will act as a medeator and get this sorted eventually.... Anyone got any contact info on M-League? I've tried looking but can't find anything.

I found the following in Google:

M-League Marketing Sdn Bhd

76A, Jalan SS21/39, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

Malaysia 47400

Tel : +603-7727-3080, -3081

Fax : +603-7728-2089

Unfortunately, there was no e-mail address listed.

What I find strange about this situation is that it appears that the FA sold the transmitting rights of the FA Cup in Thailand to these 'M League' guys,who I guess thought they could sell on these rights to other TV companies.....but it appears,for some reason they have no takers.Maybe they are asking too high a price or they just want to be bloody minded and deny the FA Cup to Thailand.

If the FA/M League contract states that the games MUST be shown ,then ( maybe for the reasons previously mentioned ) then M League would appear to be in breach of the contract and the FA could therefore claim breach of contract and re-assign it elsewhere.

But since it appears that M League are not accepting this argument I guess their contract has some loophole which the FA had not expected.

I just cannot understand why these M League people pay out some considerable sum of money, yet just dont appear interested in getting any revenue in.

So,whatever the situation is we are stuck with no FA cup games.....TIS....amazing !!!

What I find strange about this situation is that it appears that the FA sold the transmitting rights of the FA Cup in Thailand to these 'M League' guys,who I guess thought they could sell on these rights to other TV companies.....but it appears,for some reason they have no takers.Maybe they are asking too high a price or they just want to be bloody minded and deny the FA Cup to Thailand.

If the FA/M League contract states that the games MUST be shown ,then ( maybe for the reasons previously mentioned ) then M League would appear to be in breach of the contract and the FA could therefore claim breach of contract and re-assign it elsewhere.

But since it appears that M League are not accepting this argument I guess their contract has some loophole which the FA had not expected.

I just cannot understand why these M League people pay out some considerable sum of money, yet just dont appear interested in getting any revenue in.

So,whatever the situation is we are stuck with no FA cup games.....TIS....amazing !!!

Agree it is "amazing".... gives a new meaning to the phrase 'Amazing Thailand'.

To put it more bluntly we the genuine football supporters who pay money for the privilege are being denied seeing the games because of the greed and incompetence of business people whose only concerns are profits.

Agree it is "amazing".... gives a new meaning to the phrase 'Amazing Thailand'.

To put it more bluntly we the genuine football supporters who pay money for the privilege are being denied seeing the games because of the greed and incompetence of business people whose only concerns are profits.

Taking it further one can ask,that if the FA were genuinely wanting full coverage in Asia,why did they sell these rights for Thailand to a non broadcaster not even in Thailand ??surly True or ESPN were the more obvious contenders. So we can presume that it was 'money' the FA were interested in,since it is very obvious that for a broadcaster to screen the matches ,that broadcaster would need to pay a premium price to M league....which it seems thay were not inclined to do!

Without flying back to the UK, where could I go and watch the Forest / Derby replay and KNOW for sure it will actually be shown? I am not super-rich, but have enough spare cash and free flights etc... to go somewhere local to Thailand.

I actually read in a previous post that the PFC bar in Soi Reggae Koh Samui may be showing it. I know that bar, near the Reggae Bar. Any thoughts. I live in Pattaya, but would be prepared to travel if it is DEFINITELY being shown.

A bar in Bangkok would be easier though.

By the way, I have just a slow Internet connection - so I cannot use that.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Anyone know if any deent free streams for tonight ??

look here a couple of hours before kickoff: http://www.rojadirecta.com/

Steve, whats the story with this?

Do you need to install any software?

I have wireless connection around 460 speed. Will I be able to get the game.

I have tried a couple of these streams and it works for a few seconds, then stops and starts every 3-4 seconds :o

Without flying back to the UK, where could I go and watch the Forest / Derby replay and KNOW for sure it will actually be shown? I am not super-rich, but have enough spare cash and free flights etc... to go somewhere local to Thailand.

I actually read in a previous post that the PFC bar in Soi Reggae Koh Samui may be showing it. I know that bar, near the Reggae Bar. Any thoughts. I live in Pattaya, but would be prepared to travel if it is DEFINITELY being shown.

Thanks for any thoughts.

IF the Game itself is actually on Mate, then the PFC will 100% show it.

I'll try to get him to see this thread & comment so he can let you know when he knows the schedule..

SGB has seemed to found the correct contact details for M-league, they seem to be the owners of Esprit Media and Astro, who are the cable company provider for Malaysia.

Searched high and low but no e-mail addy for M-League or Esprit Media, have contacted ASTRO to see if they have any details and also spoke to Jintana of the Nation newspaper to see if they could do some digging.

I'm sure this will be sorted before the 5th round. But I'm intrigued as to what M-League are playing at, having bought the rights and not distributing them seems completly bonkers to me!

Steve, whats the story with this?

Do you need to install any software?

I have wireless connection around 460 speed. Will I be able to get the game.

I have tried a couple of these streams and it works for a few seconds, then stops and starts every 3-4 seconds :o

sorry man, only just saw this. is that 460 kbps? should be fine if so. you need to install a programme, either tvuplayer or sopcast, i think that tvuplayer is the best one. once you've done that the links on the rojadirecta site associate with that app and boot it up. i had a great stream last night of the liverpool game, on shanghai sports. so chinese commentary but the picture was crystal.

The plot thickens! A reply below from Jintana of the Nation newspaper.

Dear Clive,

in fact a THai company won the rights to broadcast all the matches I mentioned in my article. It is not the M-league but I'm not sure whether the company is related with the M-League or not. We are trying to contact them. If there is any develpoment I'll let you know.

By the way, I watched the liverpool match from ESPN via the internet. It's a bit complicate as you have to install net-tv client software first. I can give you the link for the next match later. THey will put the link just before the match kicks off.

all the best,

jintana

God knows who this company is! But seems like the FA are doing their best. Now it's getting some press coverage something may get done

Seriously guys A) I know for a fact stuart turner is doing all he can to sort this. :o The likes of the british press won't give two hoots about a few of us who can't watch it here....

Sit tight... Fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon. I'm trying to find out which Thai Co. bought the rights from M-league of maybe they are part of M-league.

If we find this out then we can expose them and hound them til something is done

Seriously guys A) I know for a fact stuart turner is doing all he can to sort this. :o The likes of the british press won't give two hoots about a few of us who can't watch it here....

Sit tight... Fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon. I'm trying to find out which Thai Co. bought the rights from M-league of maybe they are part of M-league.

If we find this out then we can expose them and hound them til something is done

this seems to contradict what is actually happening, check out the last sentence in the quote...

http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2007/ne...p?id=1194872065

Have to say now I am pessimistic.

As another has already said on this thread the problem what ever it is or whoever is causing it, goes back to the Community Shield and that is what 6-8 months ago?

So no one hold his breathe as maybe we are in for a long wait!

Thanks for any thoughts.

IF the Game itself is actually on Mate, then the PFC will 100% show it.

I'll try to get him to see this thread & comment so he can let you know when he knows the schedule..

thanks for this really kind offer. Sadly now that Liverpool have a reply on the same night I have given up trying to see this game. I have been 'caught' like this before whereby I have sat in a bar for 4 hours waiting for a game to come and and then another 'more popular' game being shown instead. The worse case of this was when a Spurs fan came to stay with me in Pattaya and I took him to a bar in Jomtien, Shenanigans or some large pub. Manchester United versus someone or other was also playing that day, so I asked about 10 times during the 4 hours we were there if it the Spurs game was being shown.

As you can guess, come kick off and it was the Man U game that they showed. The owner suggested I talk to the other people watching the TV and if they agreed he would turn it over - t***t.

So I have no hope Derby/Forest will be shown anywhere.

Never mind, there is a good chance the Forest/Man United game will be on in the next round :D:o

This gets more interesting by the day.... Jintana at the Nation Newspaper has informed me of the Thai company that M-League sold the rights to... It beggers belief that they have been sold to a company with NO previous experience of distributing events through the broadcasting media!

dear Clive,

The name of the company is either ADAMas or ADAMUS incorporation as I read from Thai language. (There is no english speling from the story I read). It is a media and entertainment organizing company. They organised many foreign concerts to Thailand for example Korean heartthrob Rain. This is its first time that they bid for the football matches' broadcasting rights. My reporter is trying to contact the company.

jintana

Anyone know who organised the RAIN concert? If so now is the time to start hounding them out!

This gets more interesting by the day.... Jintana at the Nation Newspaper has informed me of the Thai company that M-League sold the rights to... It beggers belief that they have been sold to a company with NO previous experience of distributing events through the broadcasting media!

dear Clive,

The name of the company is either ADAMas or ADAMUS incorporation as I read from Thai language. (There is no english speling from the story I read). It is a media and entertainment organizing company. They organised many foreign concerts to Thailand for example Korean heartthrob Rain. This is its first time that they bid for the football matches' broadcasting rights. My reporter is trying to contact the company.

jintana

Anyone know who organised the RAIN concert? If so now is the time to start hounding them out!

this is interesting BB, i wonder if the FA knows that its exclusive rights are being hawked about under sub-license over here? have you forwarded this info to stuart turner? i'd imagine it breaks the terms of the FA deal agreed with m-league.