Thai And Muslim Relationship

sammm

Hello all,

I am muslim man I meet Thai girl online ? Anybody has experience with online dating ? do thai ladies find muslim guys attractive ?

Thanks,

Brother, first thing's first, get this Online dating sh*t out of your head..

When you've done that, you can start worrying about the other stuff... :o

Hello all,

I am muslim man I meet Thai girl online ? Anybody has experience with online dating ? do thai ladies find muslim guys attractive ?

Thanks,

Brother, first thing's first, get this Online dating sh*t out of your head..

When you've done that, you can start worrying about the other stuff... :o

Online dating is a valid way to meet people who have (or at least claim to have)at least some of the attributes a person might want in a potential relationship. It is no worse than meeting any other way. I just think you need to be aware that it is only a way to make an introduction--any further requires actually meeting, in my opinion.  But then again, many cultures do quite well with low divorce rates where parents or professional matchmakers pair up couples for marriage and the couples do not meet until the matter is already decided.

Hello all,

Thanks,

I beleive in Pixies and elves do yo think they will find me attractive too?? What on earth makes you think a belief, and thats all it is, has any bearing on making you attractive? last thing I'd want would be someone trying to convert me to something else.

but she does know iam descent and non religious person

If you are non religious, how can you be muslim?

WIKI:

A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم‎), pronounced /ˈmʊslɪm/, is an adherent of the religion of Islam. The feminine form is Muslimah[1] (Arabic: مسلمة‎). Literally, the word means "one who submits (to God)".

By definition, a religion is a world view that tells us what to believe and how to live. It is composed of ideas, i.e. doctrines, and values

and I do not believe in those doctrines.

parents do :o

:D:D:D:D:wai:

Hello all,

Thanks,

I beleive in Pixies and elves do yo think they will find me attractive too?? What on earth makes you think a belief, and thats all it is, has any bearing on making you attractive? last thing I'd want would be someone trying to convert me to something else.

I don't think the OP has said anything about her trying to convert him, or himself trying to convert her ?

And do the pixies & elves you believe in, still fix things overnight which are broken, I have this problem with my car ... ? :o

The Thai, Muslim relationship is quite good, many Thai Ladies are Muslim, however I have seen very few with Farang Husband or boyfriends. Having said that this is the land of smile and many things are accepted,(ALMOST anything goes) so my guess if you are a Muslim guy walking hand in hand with your Thai lady no on would think much of it. :o:D:D

WIKI:

A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم‎), pronounced /ˈmʊslɪm/, is an adherent of the religion of Islam. The feminine form is Muslimah[1] (Arabic: مسلمة‎). Literally, the word means "one who submits (to God)".

By definition, a religion is a world view that tells us what to believe and how to live. It is composed of ideas, i.e. doctrines, and values

So you would not mind that your sister have an love relationship with a non-Muslim, What will your parents reaction if they find out their daughter had such relationship.

Ask yourself this questions first before you enter an relationship with a Buddhist Thai girlfriend.

Hi :o

I don't think that a honest Thai girl, who is interested in a relationship with *any guy*, would worry about his religion. The Thais that i know are very tolerant respectively ignorant (as in "i don't care") towards other religions - "be whatever you are, as long as you don't cheat on me it's fine".

Someone born in a Muslim country is a Muslim by birth - see Malaysia where all men (women too? Don't know) are automatically Muslim, regardless what religion they actually practise. And i know a good many Malays who, like the OP apparently, don't care at all about religion - like someone posted "it's what the parents believe in". Still they are "Muslims" because their passport says so (as mine says "evangelical" even though i haven't seen a church from inside and don't believe in anything i can't grab with my hands or at least see with my own eyes).

Oh yeah, i DO enjoy visiting temples - does it then make me a Buddhist?

So, @the OP (if you're still reading), don't worry about it - if the girl loves you, she'll love you regardless what you believe in or who you pray to.

And online dating is perfectly valid - i found my current boyfriend (yes i'm a gay man) online 8 1/2 years ago, moved to be with him in Thailand 8 years ago and guess what? We're still a couple :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

To add explanation here to this last-edition in this after the necessary needed "moderation" for the absurd posts (and it's replies) ,which makes most of the posts now ,seem as if it was staged or without needed relevance.

• When the thread was started ; I felt it is only a 'troll" ; so I pointed out at the similarity between the OP's story with the unforgotten tragedy of ""the son of the cook in the palace of the duke"" in Cinderella's story who had suffered the same dilemma in loving his hi-so nymph :o

• One of the racist posts that had been -thankfully- deleted ,as it had been stated by the respected moderator was for it's "race-slur" nature, that had offended a certain race with an insult. That's when; I had mentioned my race as a kind of ( calling a bluff ) .

WIKI:

Then you're not a muslim.

I have heard a number of Western women express this eye contact thing as something Arab men tend to do and which is very alluring. I am not interjecting anything else as far as cross-cultural dating between Arabs and non-Arabs, but I have heard this particular aspect mentioned more than once.

However, to bring this back on-topic, I have also heard more than once rather disparaging remarks made by Thais towards Arabs, remarks usually made by women with reference to dating or marrying an Arab man. Several times I have asked why they are taking such a prejudicial view, and all I could get was some sort of shrug or the comment that they are "dirty" (I have probably heard that one at least three times.) Once I even went into it more and pointed out that the aspect of family and taking care of one's family in the Arab world is far closer to the Thai cultural aspect of it than the general Western view of family is to the Thai, (pointing out, in my mind, that at least in that one aspect, an Arab-Thai marriage might be closer alike than a Thai-Western marriage) but that did not get too far.

This is not limited to Thai women and Arabs, though. I was in Nigeria with my Thai business partner, and at dinner, we got into a short conversation about local dishes with two rather stunning Nigerian women at the adjoining table. After they left, I raised my eyebrow in the typical fashion that most men might do after such a contact, and he was not impressed. I was surprised, to be honest, and asked him how he could not have admired their rather impressive figures, and he used the "dirty" comment. And this is a great guy, one of the nicest people I have ever met.

This is an unfortunate characterstic of many Thai people, at least many in my observations. But I do think it has less to do with being Muslim as being from certain countries or ethnic groups.

Haha interesting story! I also start to realise that Thai women and men can be prejudiced towards skin colour and appearance. A bit too much... It probably relates to their often struggling issues with wealth and poverty, appearances (I do realise that although people dont like to admit it, in the higher circles also here in Thailand people judge TOO much on physical appearance... NOT one of the reasons why I preferred this country...)

I TOTALLY understand your story, and it can't get into my head how someone wouldn't be impressed by an amazing looking chocolate skin african woman. I am, where-ever I go impressed by the amazing creatures God created. Ok, I'm just looking from the physical point of view then and referring to the feminine side. My Thai friend is definitely impressed by Arab, European and other foreign women, and I wouldn't disagree with him in the least.

But at the end it all comes down to character of the person (irrelevant whether they are male/female), their kindness and love they hold in their heart...

Sammm, whether you are Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Atheist or Agnostic (I'm agnostic), it finally comes down to the heart of the people. I have quite some Muslim friends from the South and they are very kind and loving, and take care of their wifes and families very well.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Hello all,

Thanks,

If the truth be told Thai women tell us farangs of European descent they hate you, but im willing to bet the ones in Arab quarters say the same about us.

Keep on trolling.

What Thai women do you know, prostitutes?