News About Lanta - Tidal Wave

Dawn

Please, please, please does anyone have anymore news on the effect that the tidal wave has had on Lanta? In particular Long Beach? We've got friends that live on the beach that we can't get through to and we're due to arrive within the next month to get wed.

I can't find any news only about Phuket and Krabi.

Thanks for your help in advance

Please, please, please does anyone have anymore news on the effect that the tidal wave has had on Lanta? In particular Long Beach? We've got friends that live on the beach that we can't get through to and we're due to arrive within the next month to get wed.

I can't find any news only about Phuket and Krabi.

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi Dawn, I don't want to raise any false hopes for you, but I'm rejoicing in the news that my niece, Caron, of Sanctuary Bungalows on Long Beach, married to Hassan and with 4 children has contacted her mother with the news that they've all survived. They took to the jungle apparently when the first wave surged in and camped up there overnight.

I can pass you on the tel no of Koh Lanta hospital in case it's any use: 075-697-017

Wishing you the best of luck, it's such a worry.

Ian Cole

I talked to a guest whose sister was on Lanta, don't know which resort tho, sorry. She said everybody ran for the hills when they saw the wave, she ended up spending the night at someone's house.

Another guest has a friend staying on Lanta, the resort he is staying at was completely unaffected, again don't know the name, and he is still staying there -- they are evacuating the homeless first.

Keep trying and good luck to your friends.

I've also got friends on Lanta. Thai friends. 2 of them own the Lanta Merry Huts and another mate owns The Monkey bar. Cant remember the exact name of the beach Bus its further down than Long Beach. Anyone got any info on these 2 places? Thanks.

There's another thread about Koh Lanta here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23494 .

Jockstar, maybe you can email the owners of the website I've mentioned in the other thread. I know it's in Swedish, but they are good friends of a friend of mine and might have more info on the situation on the rest of the island. Email here [email protected]

I just talked to Lauren, the owner of Mme Lauren's Long Beach Resort, and she said that Hat Yao (Long Beach) didn't suffer all that much damage. Most of the damage to life and property on that island occurred at the northernmost beach, Hat Khaw Kwang (Deer Neck Beach).

Lauren herself was on the beach when the 3rd wave hit and was thrown against the bar. She suffered broken bones and is now in hospital in Hat Yai.

On most of the island now, she says, it's business as usual again.

I just talked to Lauren, the owner of Mme Lauren's Long Beach Resort, and she said that Hat Yao (Long Beach) didn't suffer all that much damage. Most of the damage to life and property on that island occurred at the northernmost beach, Hat Khaw Kwang (Deer Neck Beach).

Lauren herself was on the beach when the 3rd wave hit and was thrown against the bar. She suffered broken bones and is now in hospital in Hat Yai.

On most of the island now, she says, it's business as usual again.

Good to hear that the island is more or less OK. But what about transportation from Phuket to Lanta? When will the ferries start? I guess there wont be a stop on Phi Phi.

I've also got friends on Lanta. Thai friends. 2 of them own the Lanta Merry Huts and another mate owns The Monkey bar. Cant remember the exact name of the beach Bus its further down than Long Beach. Anyone got any info on these 2 places? Thanks.

Anyone know anything about Lanta and my last post?

Does anyone know of any info regarding my previous posts.? i need to know that my friends are ok.