Where To Get Quality Pc Speakers In Chiang Mai

Artamus

......room set up and distribution of electrical sockets in the rented house means laptop and stereo on opposite sides of the room, so will need a pair of better PC speakers.

Or maybe just a nice long 120 baht line out extension lead?

How about an Airport Express with "Air Tunes". A small wireless device by apple that works with iTunes. Your computer sends the music wirelessly to the Airport Express which has audio out ports that can be connected to your stereo. About 80 US$.

Previosly, before moving to Thailand I had the PC/laptop connected to the home stereo system (high end), so sound quality was great and didn't need any PC speakers. Here however, room set up and distribution of electrical sockets in the rented house means laptop and stereo on opposite sides of the room, so will need a pair of better PC speakers.

How about an Airport Express with "Air Tunes". A small wireless device by apple that works with iTunes. Your computer sends the music wirelessly to the Airport Express which has audio out ports that can be connected to your stereo. About 80 US$.

Previosly, before moving to Thailand I had the PC/laptop connected to the home stereo system (high end), so sound quality was great and didn't need any PC speakers. Here however, room set up and distribution of electrical sockets in the rented house means laptop and stereo on opposite sides of the room, so will need a pair of better PC speakers.

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought about nor was aware of. Laptop is connected to a wireless LAN so in theory with this device and AirTunes should provide a solution. Will look into this. Just what I need - more radiation in the house......

Long cable would need to be VERY long and probably suffer quality degredation.

Here’s a tip:

Don’t bother with ordinary PC speakers.

I have connected a stereo radio player to my computer.

I’ve had this player for 10 years; it has the old audiotape facility, LW, SW, MW, FM and line in.

Make sure the radio has a Line In facility, than plug a male jacking point into the speaker female jacking point at the back of your computer and the other end into the radio.

Brilliant sound, far superior to any PC speakers.

That entirely depends on what stereo system/speakers versus which PC speakers system.

an equal amount of money on a PC speaker system will give just as good or better sound than if spent on an entire stereo system.

I don't think he needs to spend top dollar anyways to get great sound...anything over $100 and you're spending too much for a 2.1 system. That's more than enough $$$ to fill most any large room very nicely. Yea, if you need to fill your house or are hosting large parties where the volume needs to be exceedingly loud, spend at least several hundred on a stereo and quality speakers or a high end PC speaker setup.

Oh no he doesn`t.

Only needs an ordinary stereo radio with a line in function.

Yea...to make it work...

but if he spend $100 on a set of PC Speakers, it will DUST, and i mean DUST any $100 stereo...and probably any stereo costing twice as much...

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=4207975

200 watts RMS. $100

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec_v2.asp?scriteria=3533563

Rubbish.

Why would he need to spend $100 dollars on speakers or a stereo for his PC.

This is Thailand and there are many good deals to be had.

Ok...spend $25 on a pair of 2.1 speakers or a $25 stereo... The speakers will dust... dust... the stereo.

$20 and that`s my final offer.

Saw some BOSE desktop speakers at Saha Panit on the Chiang Mai - Fang highway (Rt. 107) adjacent to Lanna Toyota. They had several types of speakers... cheapest at 4,200 baht and most expensive on display was 8,400 baht. NICE!

Also, if you have a home entertainment ceter, why not hook it (your computer audio output) to it???