Where To Get Quality Pc Speakers In Chiang Mai

Artamus

Searched the forums but didn't come up with anything specific on this.

I want to get a good quality pair of speakers for my laptop PC for playing music at home. I know if I walk into any computer shop they will have a bunch, but most are cheap and chearful and sound so.

Does anyone have any recommendations for:

- where to buy a pair (in Chiang Mai)

- any specific model/make.

Price not an issue, as I am after quality.

thanks

The Mac Store is on Nimmanhaeman. I can never spell that one right!

SAAG which is a Thai brand make very high quality computer speakers with sub-woofer. Being a sound engineer for 30 years I'm picky and I looked around for a while before I made the purchase. They sound great!

SAAG which is a Thai brand make very high quality computer speakers with sub-woofer. Being a sound engineer for 30 years I'm picky and I looked around for a while before I made the purchase. They sound great!

Any particular model number? Would all decent computer shops sell them?

thanks

thanks

The sub-woofer says Model 10S. I assume that is the model number for the whole system. Take a listen before you buy and see what you think.

I think SAAG is quite popular in Thailand. I bought mine at either Computer Plaza/Icon Plaza or Computer City - one of those three shops along the moat.

thanks

The sub-woofer says Model 10S. I assume that is the model number for the whole system. Take a listen before you buy and see what you think.

I think SAAG is quite popular in Thailand. I bought mine at either Computer Plaza/Icon Plaza or Computer City - one of those three shops along the moat.

Thanks - will check it out when I get to CNX tomorrow.

thanks

How much?

thanks

How much?

As I recall the whole set was 1000 Baht or less. I brought some CD's and they let me listen for a while. They sounded much better than the Creative or Altec systems that were there. Altec today is not what it was back in the 1970's - Altec Lansing which produced high-end audio gear.

I'm moving and am selling a set of Creative SBS 2.1 350 computer speakers with subwoofer for 500 baht. I paid 990 at IT Superstore about 3 months ago. Pretty good sound but a little heavy on the bass for my taste. PM if interested, but it sounds like the original poster is looking for something higher end. Located off Huay Kaew close to to the Phucome Hotel at Canal Road

Edited by ricklev

There is a shop with a lot of computer speakers of all types and prices at the back of - now is it Icon Plaza? (north of the moat). It is the second of the pair of computer plaza's assuming you are going in the direction of the traffic. At the back on the bottom floor.

I'm moving and am selling a set of Creative SBS 2.1 350 computer speakers with subwoofer for 500 baht. I paid 990 at IT Superstore about 3 months ago. Pretty good sound but a little heavy on the bass for my taste. PM if interested, but it sounds like the original poster is looking for something higher end. Located off Huay Kaew close to to the Phucome Hotel at Canal Road

I just bought my son a computer that came with crap speakers so I and might be interested. If I can find enough time to come to town this week, i'll send you a PM. But I'm quite busy at the moment and I don't know if I'll make it. So don't wait for me if you have an offer.

Go to Panthip Plaza on Changklan Road and have a walk around. You'll find something. If you want decent quality expect to pay around Thb3,000 or more.

I have a set of Altec Lansing XT2 speakers as well as a set of Creative speakers with a sub woofer for my laptop. Both provide top quality sound.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Searched the forums but didn't come up with anything specific on this.

I want to get a good quality pair of speakers for my laptop PC for playing music at home. I know if I walk into any computer shop they will have a bunch, but most are cheap and chearful and sound so.

Does anyone have any recommendations for:

- where to buy a pair (in Chiang Mai)

- any specific model/make.

Price not an issue, as I am after quality.

thanks

Icon plaza and Computer World is it? next to Icon...Either complex should easily be able to fill your needs for a pair of speakers. Also you should get a 2.1 system at least... With powered subwoofer will give you a much much fuller and better sound for home...

Icon Plaza is the last one of the three as you drive down the outside of the moat from the Ram Hospital corner. As someone said, there is a stall on the ground floor right at the back of the building and they have a good range and will demo them for you better than most places. I like the MicroLab brand. They do a 2.1 (1200ish) and 5.1 and the speakers are small but very solid - better build and sound than most at that price.

Here’s a tip:

Don’t bother with ordinary PC speakers.

I have connected a stereo radio player to my computer.

I’ve had this player for 10 years; it has the old audiotape facility, LW, SW, MW, FM and line in.

Make sure the radio has a Line In facility, than plug a male jacking point into the speaker female jacking point at the back of your computer and the other end into the radio.

Brilliant sound, far superior to any PC speakers.

Here’s a tip:

I’ve had this player for 10 years; it has the old audiotape facility, LW, SW, MW, FM and line in.

Make sure the radio has a Line In facility, than plug a male jacking point into the speaker female jacking point at the back of your computer and the other end into the radio.

That entirely depends on what stereo system/speakers versus which PC speakers system.

an equal amount of money on a PC speaker system will give just as good or better sound than if spent on an entire stereo system.

I don't think he needs to spend top dollar anyways to get great sound...anything over $100 and you're spending too much for a 2.1 system. That's more than enough $$$ to fill most any large room very nicely. Yea, if you need to fill your house or are hosting large parties where the volume needs to be exceedingly loud, spend at least several hundred on a stereo and quality speakers or a high end PC speaker setup.

Here’s a tip:

That entirely depends on what stereo system/speakers versus which PC speakers system.

an equal amount of money on a PC speaker system will give just as good or better sound than if spent on an entire stereo system.

I don't think he needs to spend top dollar anyways to get great sound...anything over $100 and you're spending too much for a 2.1 system. That's more than enough $$$ to fill most any large room very nicely. Yea, if you need to fill your house or are hosting large parties where the volume needs to be exceedingly loud, spend at least several hundred on a stereo and quality speakers or a high end PC speaker setup.

Oh no he doesn`t.

Only needs an ordinary stereo radio with a line in function.

Here’s a tip:

Oh no he doesn`t.

Yea...to make it work...

but if he spend $100 on a set of PC Speakers, it will DUST, and i mean DUST any $100 stereo...and probably any stereo costing twice as much...

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=4207975

200 watts RMS. $100

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec_v2.asp?scriteria=3533563

Here’s a tip:

Oh no he doesn`t.

Yea...to make it work...

but if he spend $100 on a set of PC Speakers, it will DUST, and i mean DUST any $100 stereo...and probably any stereo costing twice as much...

200 watts RMS. $100

Rubbish.

Why would he need to spend $100 dollars on speakers or a stereo for his PC.

This is Thailand and there are many good deals to be had.

Here’s a tip:

Oh no he doesn`t.

Yea...to make it work...

200 watts RMS. $100

Rubbish.

Why would he need to spend $100 dollars on speakers or a stereo for his PC.

This is Thailand and there are many good deals to be had.

Ok...spend $25 on a pair of 2.1 speakers or a $25 stereo... The speakers will dust... dust... the stereo.

Don't know in what store to buy goats, but for a speakers:

http://www.maczone.co.th/home.php I'm sure I saw the soundsticks there.

They are about 8000 baht, for about 5000 you can get the JBL creatures.

Most of the sets I found at places like Icon have build in loudness that can't be turned off, so lots of bass and treble. The HK and JBL's sound a lot "cleaner"

ps. there is no mac store at niemanheiminn (unless they opened one yesterday) here you can find a list of them http://www.istudio.in.th/stores.php

Edited by baahjun

Guys, why do quote each other's complete posts everytime you post a punch line?

Thanks for all the replies. I'll go take a look at the stores and report back in due course.

Previosly, before moving to Thailand I had the PC/laptop connected to the home stereo system (high end), so sound quality was great and didn't need any PC speakers. Here however, room set up and distribution of electrical sockets in the rented house means laptop and stereo on opposite sides of the room, so will need a pair of better PC speakers.