Confused Non Imm "o" - Marriage

I AM SOMEWHAT CONFUSED ABOUT CONFLICTING INFORMATION REGARDING WHEN I GET MARRIED AND THEN APPLY FOR MARRIAGE NON IMM O VISA AND SUPPLYING PROOF OF 400000 B.

THE QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO LEAVE EVERY 90 DAYS OR DO I REPORT TO THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE

:o:D:D:D

I AM SOMEWHAT CONFUSED ABOUT CONFLICTING INFORMATION REGARDING WHEN I GET MARRIED AND THEN APPLY FOR MARRIAGE NON IMM O VISA AND SUPPLYING PROOF OF 400000 B.

THE QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO LEAVE EVERY 90 DAYS OR DO I REPORT TO THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE

:o:D:D:D

You probably will not have to show income when applying for a Non Imm O Visa. Yes you have to leave every 90 days.

If you apply for a 12 month extension you will need 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or 40,000 Baht a month income. You will then have to reoprt your address to Immigration every 90 days.

And please refrain from SHOUTING in the forum . It is considered very bad manners.

I got my Non O in Canada. It was very easy. They would not even look at proof of income. They said that proof would be required when I applied for my 1 year extension based on marriage to a Thai. I applied for that last month and yes they do require it at that time. Then 4 immigration officers arrived at my home uninvited, and wanted to talk to my neighbours to verify that I was indeed living with and in a bona fida relationship with my wife. She was in another province at the time so they wanted to talk to her on the phone......at the end of it all they said no problem and I pick up my visa next week.I find the whole process pretty invasive. I would not do this if you have other options.

For a single entry visa you do not generally have to show any money,

(this may vary according to where you apply),

just the marriage certificate and a copy of you wife's passport or id card.

The money comes in when you apply for the one year extension of the initial

3 month stamp.

Once you have that extension there is no need to leave every three months.

Just report your presence to the local immigration office every 90 days.

the initial non imm o is easy-just what astal said-NJ Books in Penang is very heplful for a minimal fee-call them and ask what you need-take proof of income and your Thai bank book with 400k just in case-the extension is the hard part-I went to immigration in Pattaya and they had a laundry list of docs they wanted plus pics of the house with me and the wife-also they didnt care about the 400k-they wanted to see proof of monthly income of over 40k-of course that could have changed-it seems they change the rules every other day-but once you get the extension its a trip to immigration every 90 days-no need to leave the country-ask for a multi entry though-a few baht more but lets you in and out with no problem-plan on a couple trips to immigration to get it done-it can be a pain-best of luck-wn

the initial non imm o is easy-just what astal said-NJ Books in Penang is very heplful for a minimal fee-call them and ask what you need-take proof of income and your Thai bank book with 400k just in case-the extension is the hard part-I went to immigration in Pattaya and they had a laundry list of docs they wanted plus pics of the house with me and the wife-also they didnt care about the 400k-they wanted to see proof of monthly income of over 40k-of course that could have changed-it seems they change the rules every other day-but once you get the extension its a trip to immigration every 90 days-no need to leave the country-ask for a multi entry though-a few baht more but lets you in and out with no problem-plan on a couple trips to immigration to get it done-it can be a pain-best of luck-wn

Having to show money in the bank is not in the rules to get any non immigrant visa but some of the nearby consulates have made up their own and ask to see some money in the bank for a non-o based upon marriage.

When you went to immigration it was probably before the new rules that now allow the 400K in the bank again.

The official rule regarding the evidence of financial means is on the on the website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs, where it also says the requirement for any of the listed documents depends of the purpose of the visit, meaning that each consulate can chose to implement this financial requirement and most embassies do not.

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.

- (4 x 6 cm) protograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

--

Maestro