Wedding Party On The Beach

srgoldie

I recently got married in registry office in Dusit. Wasn't the most romantic of settings or occasions.

No friends, no family, no rings, no dowry, no gold ... not much different from getting a Visa stamp!

So I'm concocting an the notion of a civil ceremony on a nice beach somewhere with a beach party for friends and family.

Are there any rules to prevent me from doing this?

I don't want to do the traditional thing in my wife's 'baan'. My wife is also in agreement to not do that.

My basic plan is to approach several beach restaurants about 'chartering' their place for the day.

Having a civil 'blessing' and exchange of rings. Perhaps pay a few monks to come and do a bit of good luck dispensing (sorry, don't want to offend any Buddhists). I'm not bothered about a priest, just someone presentable to say a few words: "do you ... with this ring ..."

Then a banquet.

Then a party with music, band, dj, drinks etc.

Has anyone tried doing this kind of thing in the past?

I'd love to hear from you with your advice and warnings.

Thanks, Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to join a wedding anniversary on Bangsaen beach. The beach belongs to a house project close to the club house and it's open air. I think they rent the beach area and set everything up. They rent chairs tables from bangkok as well as the sound systems but local catering.

Another wedding is my best friend's wedding, took place at Baan Talay dao resort in Hua-hin. Many Thais had the wedding parties there.

I guess most of the hotels and resorts including the restaurants are pleased to serve you that.