Best Taxi Service From Suvarnabhumi To Jomtien

Stekmer

I am arriving mid March on a flight from Phnom Penh that gets in at 6.45 pm and wanted to get to Jomtien straight from the airport.

Unfortunately I'll have missed the last Bell Bus service and don't fancy getting myself to Ekami to get the bus or standing in a taxi que to pay 1,400 + baht.

I've found 3 companies that provide airport pickup for the trip to Jomtien that are within my price range.

The following prices include 'highway' etc.

1. 'Pattaya 4 Leisure' taxi service charges 1,200 baht
  2. Mr T asks 1,000 baht
  3. Mr. Toom also asks 1,200 baht

Based on experience or reliable reports you have heard - who would you pick?

PS. Last time I took the train and while it was interesting and relaxing enough it's probably a once only type of trip for the novelty value.

Edited by Stekmer

I ordered a taxi from Mr. Toom from the airport to Pattaya and it didn't arrive to pick me up.

So I had to throw myself to the vultures.

Never again.

On a previous thread you said Mr T didn't pick you up from the airport, now you say Mr Toom. Which one is it? I have never had any problems with Mr T.

I am arriving mid March on a flight from Phnom Penh that gets in at 6.45 pm and wanted to get to Jomtien straight from the airport.

Unfortunately I'll have missed the last Bell Bus service and don't fancy getting myself to Ekami to get the bus or standing in a taxi que to pay 1,400 + baht.

I've found 3 companies that provide airport pickup for the trip to Jomtien that are within my price range.

2. Mr T asks 1,000 baht

PS. Last time I took the train and while it was interesting and relaxing enough it's probably a once only type of trip for the novelty value.

I always take Yaril. It's expensive, but the piece of mind knowing the taxi will be there on time is worth it to me. Lost wages due to a taxi which has gone MIA costs much more than the extra 1,500THB. Plus, they always bring my lady to the airport to meet me upon arrival and have cold beer to savour during the ride down from Swampy. Upon return to the airport to fly out and go back to work, I never worry that my lady friend will have any problems on her solo ride back down to Pattaya.

I always use Mr.T. He charges 900 baht from Pattaya to airport, and 1000 baht from airport to Pattaya. This price includes all tolls. Have used him many, many times and he is very reliable. His driver will wait for you at gate 3 with a placard with your name on.

mr t. very clean and new cars used him a few times now ,even had a call paged for me at airport to let me know he was still at gate 3 as there was a long long delay with imigration that morning i was at least 2 hours after the arrival time i had given him . mr t best value .

Any tel number or website from Mr. T available?

Mr. T 038 720318 & 0851383285

He's ok, but make sure you call him to remind him before you travel. He told me to send me a text when I was in the UK of the time to pick up. But when I arrived he wasn't there. He is good, but probably can't read text messages, so make sure you call.

• 4 weeks later...
I ordered a taxi from Mr. Toom from the airport to Pattaya and it didn't arrive to pick me up.

So I had to throw myself to the vultures.

Never again.

On a previous thread you said Mr T didn't pick you up from the airport, now you say Mr Toom. Which one is it? I have never had any problems with Mr T.

Pretty sure it was Mr. Toom.

If I said Mr. T, then I probably thought they were one in the same.

Anyway, the taxi meter guys have muscled there way to the front entrance.

Can just hop in one of them for 1500 baht if nobody is there to pick you up.

last year i was in the same situation arrived after the last buses finished for pattaya.

So i exited the airport at the arrival ground and walk out to the road where taxi's were dropping off arriving passengers.

I simply told (not asked) one taxi driver 800 baht to pattaya with toll way included, he mutted 1000b i said take it or leave it.

he took it. when a taxi pulls up to drop off they canno tstay long as the security guards are on the tail, so if they can grab a quick fair they will, as they wil have to wait in the cue otherwise.

arrived safe and sound for 800 baht.

hope that helps.

whats this bus at 8 pm havent heard of that,

2. Mr T asks 1,000 baht

Email Eve on [email protected] I have used her service for 3yrs, great drivers and good clean cars, driver will wait for you by arrivals section 3, with a name board, price is 1200b incl tolls. You can get cheaper - as they say 'up to you'

I must admit I was silly enough to book Mr T once for an airport trip and he failed to turn up – never again.

Mr T is useless and cannot be relied upon - this "no show" has happened to several TV members if you check back through the posts.

I would like to suggest the driver I use, He lived in BKK and charges 1500 B for the trip either way between airport and Pattaya. He is slightly more expensive but always on time and 100% reliable plus he speaks english and has a nearly new car.

PM me for details

I must admit I was silly enough to book Mr T once for an airport trip and he failed to turn up – never again.

Mr T is useless and cannot be relied upon - this "no show" has happened to several TV members if you check back through the posts.

If you check back you will see it is MR TOOM who is unreliable!

I use MR T all the time and so do my friends and he has never let any of us down.

McGinty

For large 2 litre Nissan Teanas with newspapers, water, fresh towels, DVD, CD player and a reliable and very safe service, Image Limo has always done the trick. I and am sure many others have experienced poor driving standards in Thailand. Worth the rates around 2400 B to and from the airport www.imagelimo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Get the Pattaya bus from the airport transportation Centre, the last one leaves at 2000hrs,cost circa 100 baht.

It also seems possible to take the public bus at the ground floor of the airport.

So there are 2 bus services from Airport to Pattaya Jomtien ?

Bell Bus goes to Pattaya bus station and the public bus goes to Jomtien beach (stop almost on Jomtien beach road)

Any other information welcome !

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Having now traveled with 'Pattaya 4 Leisure' taxi service for their 1,200 baht ride (incl tollway) from Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien I must say that I was most impressed.

They phoned me on my mobile phone to appologize for being 15 minutes late - I was still on my way through Immigration (AirAsia were on time from Phnom Penh) so no big deal.

The car was a newish model Honda and the driver was very good. Made it to Jomtien in 1 hr 30 minutes.

I will definietley use them again.

I arrived about 1830 hrs so the bus option was not one I really fancied.

• 1 year later...

OK the way to do without having to Rely on any Thai people showing up which you have read is never 100%, (Yeah they might even be good most of the time! Same same England), as also mentioned above :

Go up to the departures level where the taxis etc. are dropping off passengers, ignore anyone on the way who wants to talk to you, walk out onto the concourse probably some one will approach you if not approach them, have your fare decided, I would say 1000thb Pattaya , I go Rayong so 2000thb, don't waiver, and have prepared a way of showing the Taxi driver exactly where you want to go could write the price on it, (then he will have no excuses to try and charge extra) , he will not speak English, I think it is a good idea to have a couple of hundred baht ready to pay the tolls , as you approach the tolls you give the guy 100thb, he gives you the change ,or if another toll might keep it for that, any way demand any change back after the tolls are done. It is usual for passengers to pay tolls so if you do it that way it gives you credibility, so 100 or so thb extra, so what big man?

And get the guy to stop at the motorway services quite a few miles towards Pattaya and pick up a few Changs!

There are taxis leaving 24/7 why make it complicated having to meet someone?? I'm done with that.

Tip 20thb if he looks after you.

Edited by spacebass

Sometimes paying a little bit more is worth the money particularly in Patters.

I always book a cab through Suppataya Travel (third road). If the company sub-contracted are late you always have someone at the end of the phone to sort it out.