Working Holiday Visa - Australian

Hi Everyone,

I've tried to search for pertinent info in previous posts, but nothing matches my situation exactly, to my surprise. I'm simply looking for a working holiday visa - I've already submitted my application form online, as Americans are permitted - and I'm planning on heading into Bangkok this weekend for a few things.

One, the Australian immigration website told me that I need to get a chest x-ray at a number of certified locations, which is cool, but I can't get into Bangkok at any time but on the weekends (I work full-time in Ayutthaya), so I was wondering if anyone had done this on the weekend thus far? Just curious.

Secondly, this whole "certified copies" fiasco. I only need copies of my passport certified -- my parents are going to send me notarized copies of my birth certificate and bank statement from home -- but I still need proof of high school graduation and of the information pages in my passport. Does anyone know about this stuff at all? Are there any notaries even in Bangkok?? I have read on here that there's only the embassies themselves, and that they will charge something crazy, like 1000 Bt/document! Is that necessary for this stuff? Also, am I better off walking into the embassy this weekend with all of this stuff (can I do that without an appointment), or should I get it certified, then mail it? I guess I can even scan it and submit it online, but I don't know.

I guess I'd like to get all of this stuff done this weekend, if possible - I've bought my flight for 31 March, but I'll be traveling SE Asia for all of March.

Hopefully someone has been through all of this -- there must be plenty of you! -- that is willing to offer me some assitence in this stupid stuff. I am avoiding life back home in the states because I am MISERABLE when it comes to bureaucratic junk, so I want to knock all of this out as quickly as possible.

Many thanks!!!

Eric

Hi Everyone,

I've tried to search for pertinent info in previous posts, but nothing matches my situation exactly, to my surprise. I'm simply looking for a working holiday visa - I've already submitted my application form online, as Americans are permitted - and I'm planning on heading into Bangkok this weekend for a few things.

One, the Australian immigration website told me that I need to get a chest x-ray at a number of certified locations, which is cool, but I can't get into Bangkok at any time but on the weekends (I work full-time in Ayutthaya), so I was wondering if anyone had done this on the weekend thus far? Just curious.

Secondly, this whole "certified copies" fiasco. I only need copies of my passport certified -- my parents are going to send me notarized copies of my birth certificate and bank statement from home -- but I still need proof of high school graduation and of the information pages in my passport. Does anyone know about this stuff at all? Are there any notaries even in Bangkok?? I have read on here that there's only the embassies themselves, and that they will charge something crazy, like 1000 Bt/document! Is that necessary for this stuff? Also, am I better off walking into the embassy this weekend with all of this stuff (can I do that without an appointment), or should I get it certified, then mail it? I guess I can even scan it and submit it online, but I don't know.

I guess I'd like to get all of this stuff done this weekend, if possible - I've bought my flight for 31 March, but I'll be traveling SE Asia for all of March.

Hopefully someone has been through all of this -- there must be plenty of you! -- that is willing to offer me some assitence in this stupid stuff. I am avoiding life back home in the states because I am MISERABLE when it comes to bureaucratic junk, so I want to knock all of this out as quickly as possible.

Many thanks!!!

Eric

Hi Eric,

I am an Australian Registered Migration Agent. I am authorised to certify copies of original documents that need to be submitted to DIAC. If that is all you are after, I am more than happy to do that for you FREE OF CHARGE. I will be in BKK this weekend. Please feel free to contact me by PM or through my website

Regards

bridge

Eric

I have just read over your post again, you might not need a chest x-ray due to your citizenship (US) and the length of stay in Australia, which cannot exceed 12 months by virtue of a Subclass 462 Work and Holiday Visa. It will depend upon the countries (if any) that you have resided in for more than 3 months over the last 5 years. Please let me know.

Regards

bridge

I am writing with fingers full of energy, because...I WAS JUST GRANTED MY WORK AND HOLIDAY VISA TO AUSTRALIA! Perhaps it isn't a big deal, but it is to me. It's been my dream for quite some time to live in Australia and now there's nothing in my way. Woo!

With that said, I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to Richard (the above poster, of Bridge Migration) for his kind assistance. Even if I wasn't a paying client, he attended to every question I might have had with a smile and a "no worries" shrug. It was, above all, a pleasure to sit and chat with him, and if he treated me with such patience, care, and interest, I can only imagine how he treats the paying clientele. If you are in the market for a Australian Migration Agent, look no further than him!

I've never given that sort of endorsement before...but anyway, yeah, I am excited and he deserves the big thanks. Thanks a million, Richard!

Eric