Your Experiences With Tt&t / Maxnet

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere on the samui forum but anyways, currently I have TOT ( i know i know its bad ) soon I plan on changing to maxnet for my internet as I've read various forums on how its better than TOT, just wondering really for internet connections

1. Is it reliable meaning I can get access for full unlimited use for internet

2. Whats your average speed you are getting for downloads / uploads

3. Whats the price you are paying?

4. Any bad experiences with TT&T, if so what

So far no real complaints. Download speed about 1600 adverage. About 400 up although this varies more upto 600 and as low as 250. Pay 850 a month but we get a house phone for that with 50 free calls a month to anywhere in Thailand.

Service is good but occasionaly (peak times or public holidays ) things sieze up until late in the evening.

Good service (compared to none existing service at TOT)

850 Baht/month

Speed test result:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2513 kbps (314.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 420 kbps (52.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'm so happy with changing operator from TOT to TT&T (last time I moved)

greensmilies-024.gif

Good service (compared to none existing service at TOT)

850 Baht/month

Speed test result:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2513 kbps (314.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 420 kbps (52.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'm so happy with changing operator from TOT to TT&T (last time I moved)

greensmilies-024.gif

I second wht you are saying. I just moved myself and my landlord signed me up for tt&t. I use to have a "1mb" connection with ToT that were usualla around 500 kbps download speed and i think never over 700kbps. I paid 960 baht for that! Now i pay 560 baht for tt&t "2mb" connection and the speed for download is usually around 1600 kbps, upload around 400, and it seems to work very good everyday. So far at least. I should have done this change a long time ago if i knew.

Tt&t told me that this ws somekind of promotion over christmas and new year if you sign up for a year. Don´t know if that is true or not but op should hurry down and see whats on.

the promotion actually started in june 2008, 590 bath Excluding VAT for a 2meg connection as said preivously you need to included the cost for the landline so one month Including VAT is 850 bath.

very decent service indeed.

Edited by NHJ

the promotion actually started in june 2008, 590 bath Excluding VAT for a 2meg connection as said preivously you need to included the cost for the landline so one month Including VAT is 850 bath.

very decent service indeed.

I have to get back when i recieve my first bill. But i did ask for the price several times and they promised it was 560 baht. Everything included. I said i though it was very cheap and if they were sure, and they said it was a promotion over christmas and new year. Then again T.i.t!

I dont beleive it fully before i see the bill, but they said 100%! :o

I have to get back when i recieve my first bill. But i did ask for the price several times and they promised it was 560 baht. Everything included. I said i though it was very cheap and if they were sure, and they said it was a promotion over christmas and new year. Then again T.i.t!

I dont beleive it fully before i see the bill, but they said 100%! :o

http://www.maxnet.co.th/product_adsl.php VAT is never included btw.

the only thing that can be different is if you have a digital line wich can deliver adsl only and no telephone, that way you don't have the TOT bill to pay, otherwise our calculation is the rate you'll get.

I have the Maxnet premier service at 1090 baht / month which gives me around 1800 down and 750 up on average. It's more expensive than the standard 2mb service (only around 400k upload) but having tried other peoples standard Maxnet I would not swap as something like Skype is far more reliable and stable with the faster upload. If you don't use Skype or equivalents however there is no reason to go for the premier package as you will not need the extra upload speed.

In general I am very pleased with the service - have yet to have an outage in three months (fingers crossed). My only gripe was the installation. 4500 baht to run a cable from the nearest junction box, and then two weeks waiting for the turn on. I am quite clued up about internet stuff, and was 100% patronised by the installation people when I reported that I had no service despite Maxnet's insistence that it was on. The guy tested all the cables which were completely dead, and then went and connected something at the junction box which had obviously not been properly done in the first place. He had the gall to tell me that there was a problem with my computer (it's a Macintosh). Complete bullshit and left me wanting to tell him where to stick his poxy internet service. (Don't worry I didn't or I wouldn't be typing this now).

One other thing - don't be fooled into thinking you are getting a free wireless modem. A Hatari "Wireless" modem is nothing of the sort even though the box is covered with the wireless symbol and the word wireless. That is just it's name ! Ha !

Edited by Hogboy

TT&T http://speedtest.thaivisa.com/ results:

Download Speed: 763 kbps (95.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 250 kbps (31.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 605 ms

TT&T http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/ results:

Download Speed: 2549 kbps (318.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 418 kbps (52.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

http://speedtest.thaivisa.com/ is in Singapore.

http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/ is in Thailand.