Class Your Partner!

BygonKeaw

Class of your partner before you met?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im a new member to TV but not a new member to thailand.

I have lived here many years and realised most of the farang i have met have married thais of working class or lower.

As there are TV members from all walks of life (more than i could ever meet in real life) that have married or in a relationship with a thai im interested to get a true reflection of farang/thai relationships class wise.

Im sure this website would give a more accurate account than the few farang/thai couples i meet around bkk.

It might also be interesting if you stated what class you are according to the poll above.

most of the farang i have met have married thais of working class or lower.

Lower?

I hate this f#cking word.

reason for edit: I forgot to say that I hate your poll/thread. "Underclass" ? What does it mean?

People who rely on benefits are not "underclass", only people who lacks class are definitively "underclass"

Edited by adjan jb

I guess its the most accurate way to class. what other way?

I just checked wiki prior to this poll for class definitions and thats how they explained it. I didnt have enough room to go into detail.

The higher the education general the higher the class.

I guess its the most accurate way to class. what other way?

I just checked wiki prior to this poll for class definitions and thats how they explained it. I didnt have enough room to go into detail.

The higher the education general the higher the class.

:o I see

edited for: just forget it

Edited by SuratJohn

Lower?

reason for edit: I forgot to say that I hate your poll/thread. "Underclass" ? What does it mean?

People who rely on benefits are not "underclass", only people who lacks class are definitively "underclass"

Not class as in social grace and mannerisms per say, rather economic class. I thought it was pretty straight forward. And yeah after 8 years of being here in Thailand I would say that's true of 80%+ of farang they marry down economically, rarely even, and rarer still up.

A lil touchy about that. Did you marry a chilly farmer, from Wutdaphukaburi somewhere?

Edited by Huey

What has it got to do with anybody else what class or education standard other peoples partners are ?

At the best you will get the braggarts posting about their 'princesses' from the upper echelons.

I suppose those that complain like me will be 'labelled' as well.

Again I ask what is the point of this ? What are you trying to gain or achieve OP ? Why the fascination with other peoples private lives or business ?

Well my "partner" ranks well above "Upper Class". After all, even royalty bow down to a Goddess ! :D

She's spurned advances from Princes and Presidents, and "wuvs me too mut" despite my lack of pedigree and the fact I'll probably come back in my next incarnation as a dust mite.

I'm not sure why she wuvs me too mut, but ever since that day she saw me licking my eyebrows, she's been mine ! :o

edit//:woot: and :D are two different things !

Edited by Kerryd

What has it got to do with anybody else what class or education standard other peoples partners are ?

At the best you will get the braggarts posting about their 'princesses' from the upper echelons.

Again I ask what is the point of this ? What are you trying to gain or achieve OP ? Why the fascination with other peoples private lives or business ?

maybe he just likes statistics :o

Lower?

Not class as in social grace and mannerisms per say, rather economic class. I thought it was pretty straight forward. And yeah after 8 years of being here in Thailand I would say that's true of 80%+ of farang they marry down economically, rarely even, and rarer still up.

A lil touchy about that. Did you marry a chilly farmer, from Wutdaphukaburi somewhere?

Are you implying that chilly farmers from Wutdaphukaburi are "underclass" and that, in some way, you are above them?

Edited by adjan jb

Hmmm i agree with huey people seem to get touchy.

well my point is im interested to know like huey says farangs marry thais of a lower class than themselves. Its not common in the UK however it seems to be over here. If you feel offended or upset no need to take part.

According to that poll im middle class my partner is working class however i live in a middle class village in bangkok yet the middle class thais arent very freindly to me. So is it true middle class thais dont like farang? is that why the majority of farang marry lower classes than themselves?

Anyway just glancing at the poll i have realised that i must be wrong!

If you want a caste system to classify people with you might want to move to India on the next plane out.

Mate i lived in india (well holidayed) for 6 months and trust me the caste system in thailand is almost as bad as in india.

thats off topic anyhow

It is a silly poll ... but what the heck :o

But it is truly a faulty poll ... middle class = a degree? Middle upper class = advanced degrees?

I know plenty of people with degrees that come from farming backgrounds and my partner doesn't have advanced degrees and comes from a relatively wealthy family.

Edited by jdinasia

well as it got moved for the reason to end it. i will explain why i posted the thread

I wanted to see of most TV members lie becuase they are on a hidden identity.

I mean come on.....according to that poll most of you guys are married to upper class girls???

Yet

most of the TV members either reside in pattaya or issan??

Says it all really doesnt it???

Edited by BygonKeaw

Are you saying that Farangs who live in Pattaya or Isaan are ' Low Class ' ? :D

What do you consider yourself to be, as if it matters, but for instance if it did, what class are you ?

As a Troll, you are definately second class. :o

Are you saying that Farangs who live in Pattaya or Isaan are ' Low Class ' ? :D

What do you consider yourself to be, as if it matters, but for instance if it did, what class are you ?

As a Troll, you are definately second class. :o

no im saying tv members marry higher class thais. yet most live in pattaya(bar scene) or issan(poorest part of thailand)

You do the maths?

This being a topic that would normally be discussed in a pub, I am moving it to the forum "Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life"

--

Maestro

Can you move it a little further... to the recycle bin :D

I think it deserves to be in the Pub Toilet. :o