Not Sure If This Is Good Or Bad

MeetJohnDoe

McDonalds has opened a new branch on 2nd Road and soi 5...it is adjacent to the Samarai Sushi restaurant and open 24 hours. So if you get the munchies late at nite and are in the north Pattaya area you now have a place to go. Probably will be detrimental to the waistlines of the girls on soi 6, however :o

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o:D:D I hate that cr*p! I'm surprised so many thais waste their money & pay for it! YUK :P Someone should launch a class action against the Americans for unleashing this on the world! :D:D:wai:

Excuse me, but is anyone forced to buy their "food"? I am American and haven't been there for decades, so it is possible to resist.

:o:D:D I hate that cr*p! I'm surprised so many thais waste their money & pay for it! YUK :P Someone should launch a class action against the Americans for unleashing this on the world! :D:D:wai:

The Brits who complain about Micky D's should reach back in their memories to the days of Wimpy Bars. Compared to Wimpy's Mac Donald's is haute cuisine.

If I were going to launch a class action against the United States, I'd start with Dick Cheney.

The Brits who complain about Mickey Ds are just jealous because our junk food sells so much better than theirs. Meat pies and bangers and mash have twice the grease of a Big Mack, but only a fraction of the customers! :D
I am not british but I do agree with you, I do have a burger ones in a while and I can't see it doing any harm to me, not like the british food ( fish and chips, pie and chips, chops and chips, bangers and chips, and not to forget the nice fresh vegetables, baked beans.) :o

So why don't we launch a class action againts the italians for bringing in the pizza or againts the germans for making the black forrest cake or againts Thailand for frying every thing and load it with heaps of salt and sugar :jerk:

I see the usual bunch of oxygen thieves railing against British food who have never eaten British food outside a greasy spoon transport cafe. But I doubt if any of you have even eaten in a greasy spoon. British food is not greasy pies, chips and stodgy potatos but then your perceptions reveal your true class.

As for the new McD's it is of no interest to myself. For me anyone travelling to the home of, arguably, one of the best cuisines in the world and wanting to eat dog food speaks volumes about that person. Mind you I wouldn't feed dogs on McD's stuff and I hate dogs.

I see the usual bunch of oxygen thieves railing against British food who have never eaten British food outside a greasy spoon transport cafe. But I doubt if any of you have even eaten in a greasy spoon. British food is not greasy pies, chips and stodgy potatos but then your perceptions reveal your true class.

As for the new McD's it is of no interest to myself. For me anyone travelling to the home of, arguably, one of the best cuisines in the world and wanting to eat dog food speaks volumes about that person. Mind you I wouldn't feed dogs on McD's stuff and I hate dogs.

I agree Phil, but then again I would because I am British. The diet that these guys mention was around when I was growing up as a kid, but has changed tremendously since that time. Most of my British friends living in Britain start the day with cereal not bacon and eggs. I hate the stereotyping as I was in the UK 2 days ago and the food was nothing like described in the above posts.

Obesity will be Thailand's next major problem and this has started to occur since the advent of American junk food. Scource: just look at the new generation in Thailand. You don't get to look like that on Somtam.

Cheers, Rick

i love the burger king veggie burger. cant eat anything but chips in macds

Good to see someone asking for chips, not "French fries".

Or are they called "American fries" now, since France wasn't gullible enough to follow the "misunderestimated" (his words), George W into his Iraq fiasco?

:o:D:D I hate that cr*p! I'm surprised so many thais waste their money & pay for it! YUK :burp: Someone should launch a class action against the Americans for unleashing this on the world! :D:D:wai:

The Brits who complain about Micky D's should reach back in their memories to the days of Wimpy Bars. Compared to Wimpy's Mac Donald's is haute cuisine.

If I were going to launch a class action against the United States, I'd start with Dick Cheney.

The only reason Americans dont like Wimpey burgers is that they are not fit to lift the mighty Halfpounders!!!!!! :P :jerk:

Only in amazing Thailand on TV can announcement of a new McD's almost immediately turn into another way of bashing the USA and who happens to be President. I wonder if O'Bama's people warned him to be ready for the onslaught of criticism from TV when he takes office. I'm not sure his shoulders are strong enough.

Americans are quite happy to ignore the fact that British food is every bit as greasy and unhealthy as our fast foods until some big-mouth, no class yob starts throwing stones at us. People in glass houses and all of that rot! :o