Yet Another Fire.

thecatman

Looks like there's another pretty bad fire in Bangkok this afternoon, It's down in the residental area of Lad Phrao Soi 41. There must have been 6 or 8 fire trucks go past my Condo along with 3 Ambulance. Appears to be under control now, hopefully without any casualities.

post-61198-1231663440_thumb.jpg

I actually remember of hearing of fires all the time in Bangkok, and even observed such black smoke in the distance quite a few times. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the Santika fire and resulting deaths but I was shocked just the same. A lot of fires I remember happening were in slums where there were tons of wooden shacks and rarely seemed to be deaths in those fires, thankfully. Guess the poor people had better escape routes than the rich clubbers.

On the subject of fires: Does anyone know what was on fire Sunday evening, the 11th, at about 8:00 p.m., perhaps in Rat Burana or Bang Khun Thien Districts ? As I was going north on Taksin Road, I must have met 15 fire trucks, and an ambulance or two, going southbound.

I searched the Bkk. Post and Nation websites this morning, but didn't find anything.