Boats/cruises To Andamans India

asiaworld

Basically the name of the thread contains my question! And theres more subquestions to come .. like whether it is possible to do it without Indian visa, like it works in the most of the world countries, which grant "shore-passes" to those arriving on ships ?!

Basically the name of the thread contains my question! And theres more subquestions to come .. like whether it is possible to do it without Indian visa, like it works in the most of the world countries, which grant "shore-passes" to those arriving on ships ?!

There are a couple of dive boats that do Andaman Islands trips. I have no idea about boats for sport fishing or other activities. The best source of information about formalities at border crossings is the operator who takes the passenger. There is some information about visas here.

Edited by mfiskong

There are a couple of dive boats that do Andaman Islands trips. I have no idea about boats for sport fishing or other activities. The best source of information about formalities at border crossings is the operator who takes the passenger. There is some information about visas here.

You will require an Indian visa from the Embassy in Bangkok before you can go to the Andamans, however, the people who do the cruise will arrange that for you in the course of their application for the boat to go. The people to see are South East Asia Liveaboards, Paul and Debbie Johnson or Taipan Yacht Charters. Paul and Debbie are probably the most knowledgeable people as they were doing the trip for years before they lost their boat Ilala to a fire at sea.(See Ilala Yacht Charters). John Pearce from Wahoo Fishing tours is also a frequent visitor to the islands.

If you need any further contact then PM me.

Cheers