Fight in Lamai bar.

==================================

another really awful thing.. the other day.. hearsay, same source...

lamai bar owner gets into fight with 2 italian men.

he is beaten very badly.

now in very serious condition in hosptal,

may not survive.

possible major brain damage if he does survive.

With regards to the Bar Owner Story, this is Mar**n ( Grey Hair ) you're talking about yes ??

I've just had a Phonecall Mark from the UK saying the worst & he hasn't survived the attack & they will be turning the Machine off in a matter of hours.......

appernetly the police have cctv footage. Sad thing. I don't think the Italians ment to kill him. Not good to have a fight 2 on 1. Sometimes people go out and look for trouble and get more deeper than they expected. I feel bad for the bar owner and his family. I don't know what happened but it sounds like a silly drunken fight that happens every Saturday night but this time the Knock on the head was fatel. Sounds like man slaughter

so sorry to hear this horrible news

may he RIP

in 2000 odd years have we realy progressed at all?

==================================

another really awful thing.. the other day.. hearsay, same source...

lamai bar owner gets into fight with 2 italian men.

he is beaten very badly.

now in very serious condition in hosptal,

may not survive.

possible major brain damage if he does survive.

With regards to the Bar Owner Story, this is Mar**n ( Grey Hair ) you're talking about yes ??

I've just had a Phonecall Mark from the UK saying the worst & he hasn't survived the attack & they will be turning the Machine off in a matter of hours.......

appernetly the police have cctv footage. Sad thing. I don't think the Italians ment to kill him. Not good to have a fight 2 on 1. Sometimes people go out and look for trouble and get more deeper than they expected. I feel bad for the bar owner and his family. I don't know what happened but it sounds like a silly drunken fight that happens every Saturday night but this time the Knock on the head was fatel. Sounds like man slaughter

so sorry to hear this horrible news

may he RIP

in 2000 odd years have we realy progressed at all?

Or will we? :o RIP Martin.

• 3 months later...

I know the immediate reaction is to worry about the reputation of Samui but this type of thing happens in every town on the planet, i pick up the local paper in my sleepy south Wales (uk) town and read similar stories.... mostly fulled with alcohol.

Are these things few and far between in Samui? im new to the forum and honestly dont know

Its very sad though and RIP fella

I know the immediate reaction is to worry about the reputation of Samui but this type of thing happens in every town on the planet, i pick up the local paper in my sleepy south Wales (uk) town and read similar stories.... mostly fulled with alcohol.

Are these things few and far between in Samui? im new to the forum and honestly dont know

Its very sad though and RIP fella

Yes they are few & far between but it hits home a lot, lot more when you know the Victim of course, like many on here do/did.

I heard from someone claiming to have the correct information and that an altercation did take place, but that the person was injured falling and by chance hit his head on a cement pole holder. This is different from the fanciful image of someone picking up a heavy concrete thing and hitting someone over the head with it.

My source is a good one, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it either.

What you do find here, and this is related, is the alarming number of mishaps -- fights and injuries (motorbike) -- being the result of intoxication. I can think of five people just off the top of my head that I know or knew personally who were injured or killed because they were drunk themselves or because others were.

Fights happen, but drunkenness certainly ups the risk factor for them as well as other unwanted situations that might otherwise be avoided.

I heard from someone claiming to have the correct information and that an altercation did take place, but that the person was injured falling and by chance hit his head on a cement pole holder. This is different from the fanciful image of someone picking up a heavy concrete thing and hitting someone over the head with it.

What you do find here, and this is related, is the alarming number of mishaps -- fights and injuries (motorbike) -- being the result of intoxication. I can think of five people just off the top of my head that I know or knew personally who were injured or killed because they were drunk themselves or because others were.

Fights happen, but drunkenness certainly ups the risk factor for them as well as other unwanted situations that might otherwise be avoided.

but "drunkenness" IS a wanted situation!! :D ...so please stop drunkennessbashing! :)

Yeah, think we established that on the previous page Mark, any word on the Guys that were allegedly in Custody with regards to this ??

Martin was an Oxford guy and a few have asked if there was any further news.

If any verifiable news comes to light I would appreciate it,

Cheers

Moss

the story i herd from a french man was. it all started with a bit a road rage. The Englishman chased the French kid. the kid got off his bike and started crying as the englishman had a go at him. he wanted to fight him. then a friend of the kids farther tried to brake it up.

he told the englishman thaqt he did not want to fight but the englishman was going into one.

the englishman picked up some wood to smash it over the frenchmans head but the french man punched him on the chin. the englishman went down and did not recover.

i am nutral. i not pick sides just telling the story that i was told. other people can work out if true or not and right and wrong.

but the question still stands, what happen to the 2 french?

nothing the police count it as self defense. if what the stroy i was told was true which i cannot say becuase i was not there and i do not take sides. if someone swings a peice of wood at you. you punch them before they manage to connect. the man goes down. the it is unfortunate but it happens. a nothing fight turns into a big one because of a bad falling. he hit his head on the concrete on the floor causing a internal bleeding.

sorry to hear about the inccodent.

• 2 years later...

I now reside in Samui, had the honour to turn off the life support, as we had discussed and agreed to do. Rip Dad, because I will never. Btw please don't post hearsay shit on here, I have pathology, and digesting some comments, peoples families read your bar chat when their love ones have passed away. How does that make them feel when the police know XXXXX all and you speculate on a google search. Am digesting all posts as am typing, btw thanks for the nice thoughts and regards. The gossips, well......what can i say. Peoples lives facts, if not shut the XXXXXXX up.

Edited by Rooo
Swear words removed.

but the question still stands, what happen to the 2 french?

nothing the police count it as self defense. if what the stroy i was told was true which i cannot say becuase i was not there and i do not take sides. if someone swings a peice of wood at you. you punch them before they manage to connect. the man goes down. the it is unfortunate but it happens. a nothing fight turns into a big one because of a bad falling. he hit his head on the concrete on the floor causing a internal bleeding.

sorry to hear about the inccodent.