I Cannot Believe It's Not Butter

st11x

G'day

I'm looking for this butter wannabe. Does anyone know where I may find this? Went to a couple of Rimpings but they don't carry it.

thanks

Matt

If it is NOT butter, than your body CAN NOT process it, like margarine. Flies wont even touch the stuff. Do yourself a favor and just eat the real thing, but use it sparingly.

Just had some last week in pattaya. It was bought at the new Villa market on 2nd road accross from Royal Garden. Have not seen it here in CM unfortuneatley.

I Cannot Believe It's Not Butter, Can it be found here

Something a bit like it here is 'Meadowlea' it is a soft spread, but not cheaper than real Butter... Supermarkets sell it in 250g round tubs, Bakery Outlets sell it in 1kg slabs.

If it is NOT butter, than your body CAN NOT process it, like margarine. Flies wont even touch the stuff. Do yourself a favor and just eat the real thing, but use it sparingly.

Ha ... problem is, the real thing doesn't taste as good as the wannabe.

I recalled an Australian program "What's good for you" did some tests on both and found them to be equally bad.

The Devil's own BILE!

Well, perhaps not. Simple margarine or 'vegetable lard' as it is frequently labeled here in Thailand and a reasonable substitute for butter for those who are dairy intolerant but are seeking a similar taste on their toast in the morning. What's the big deal?

Do we really want to go with eating what flies WILL touch..?

Tops carries a couple of varieties such as Best Foods and I have seen similar products in virtually all the larger groceries. The brand you mention is made by Unilever and has been around for over two decades but the ingredients are not that different from most other margarines. Simple vegetable oils and other trash but I really don't think it will rot you out unless you eat the stuff like an ice cream freak..

Edited by Dustoff

The Devil's own BILE!

Well, perhaps not. Simple margarine or 'vegetable lard' as it is frequently labeled here in Thailand and a reasonable substitute for butter for those who are dairy intolerant but are seeking a similar taste on their toast in the morning.

Tops carries a couple of varieties such as Best Foods and I have seen similar products in virtually all the larger groceries.

If you scroll up, there is a post about hydrogenated oils, read it. This "simple margarine" or "vegetable lard" is most likely hydrogenated, once again, do some research.

If flys flock to it, good chance that it is organic, so yeah, pass the BUTTER!!

No-one's mentioned Cholesterol which I believe has some bad bits and some good bits and I think butter has the bad bits. Its a Saturated fat and clogs the arteries but probably not as lethal as the dreaded hydrogenated stuff in margerines and lots of foods like cakes and pastries. I turned to Olive Oil as the healthiest alternative being a mono-unsaturated fat and "good for you". And you can use it as a Spread as in "OLIVE GROVE". My latest cholesterol check-up a few days ago revealed a very high reading of HDL and LDL-the good bits.

G'day

I'm looking for this butter wannabe. Does anyone know where I may find this? Went to a couple of Rimpings but they don't carry it.

thanks

Matt

I have bought some in the past at the Rimping supermarket opposite the airport plaza...

If you are wanting to improve your health find the numerous other ways. Margarine is one of the all time great marketing cons. Before the artificial colouring and flavouring it is a vile grey coloured lump that no one could contemplate eating. It is not only not good for you but bad for you. Research it if you disbelieve. Butter is at least natural and tastes better to boot. I can belive it isn't butter because it isn't. Margarine as a substitute sparingly for kids with milk allergies only.

Bought that stuff two weeks ago at Big C Hang Dong, for the very first time in my life. Tried it. I can believe it's not butter. It's cr@p.

Reason for edit: I forgot to say that there are 200 g. left in my fridge. Does the OP want them?

Edited by adjan jb

Bucket loads of anything is probably the big problem except for those who have unfortunate sensitivities to some foodstuffs.

If you are used to larding toast with butter in the morning, you might have a problem. For that purpose, olive oil is definitely not a substitute, but olive oil (part of the "Mediterranean diet") at other meal times often appears to be helpful to health. One of the pleasant things about this diet is the heads up on red wines (in moderation).

Thinking about it, I wonder if worrying too much about what you eat isn't more damaging somehow, at least in daily life, than what you eat. I don't mean that as a cheap rationale for both wretched and retched excess alluded to (too) often in this forum.

However, I do not find this any cause whatsoever for any more hamburger threads!

I can't believe it's not better.

Real butter any day

Yes, MB, but you traffic openly in soma for the stomach!

For those of you who don't know, MB doesn't keep calorie or cholesterol counters over the bar. He serves decent mayonnaise, for one thing. Merde! I have started another food thread!

Edited by Mapguy

Give me some good old bread and dripping :o ( you have to be 1 old and 2 British to understand ) MMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN can't beat it.Also I wonder if you can get Lard here?

Back to topic its butter all the way and lots of it! Me I love all things bad for you I've found its pretty much OK to eat what you like as long as you are active.

Every morning I leap out of bed and its up 1-2 down 1-2 then the next sock ha ha ha :D