Did I Make A Big Cultural Mistake?

Baccusboy

Hi,

Is there something about this that would make a woman from Myanmar angry?

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=62435

I sent it as a photo attachment to my friend from Myanmar (who now lives in Australia). Actually, she was just on a list of several people I sent it to.

The last time we wrote to each other, we were giving each other life updates because we've both married since we last saw each other. She was all happy, and we were sending wedding photos back and forth. All was just normal -- so something in this photo must have angered her? I meant it to be funny.

Here is what she wrote back:

"I don't know understand why you sent this pictuers for me....!

You really want to say to me- fuc_k you.

But sorry i sent the wong messages for you- i think i sent to my friends but not my friends- you -i feel up sad to myself.

And you very angry to me- it so ok to me- if you think bad- no worry....

I hope not hear frome you again,

Take care,"

Is there something bad about that photo, from a SE Asian perspective?

Here is my scientific analysis:

The girl is not happy in her present relationship and still has feelings for you.

You send the girl some photos, looking happy with your life and she considers this as being sarcastic.

just thought of something.

what is her name? could her name or nickname be "cat"?

If it is, she might get the wrong idea of your intentions.

What she sees is...OMG he's fondling/molesting cats, he's trying to tell me he wants to do that to me!!!! Filthy beast!!!!

Cmon guys, you are thinking WAY too much about this, and women are different but they arent THAT different wow. This is obviously just a total misunderstanding. You can actually understand what she wrote in her response? Its total gobbledeegook, incomprehensible. The only line that seems clear is the final line, but if you take out the word NOT it has a totally different meaning, she's such a horrible writer in english that not could have been a mistake. She seemed confused in her email and all you gotta do is contact her again and find out the problem. There is absolutely no cultural problem here, just a communication one.

Who wants to see their friend tickling 3 pussies at the same time.... :o Kidding

... I agree with several other people, the link probably get screwed up and she got directed to some other inappropriate picture.

But seriously who flips out and "hopes not hear from you again" from looking at one picture?

maybe you can send this to her to bring a smile on her face, and come in contact again

there is a possibility that, because you did not send just the photos as direct email attachments, and she had to visit a LINK, her computer showed her something quite different to what you intended (due to malware, a browser cookie, etc). I would want to immediately confirm what she thinks you sent her.

another possibility- she visited a broken URL on that site, maybe copy pasted the link and missed the last number of the URL, so got redirected to the home page, and viewed some others user's pic, I see it shows the most recent on the homepage- could have been anything.

That's it. Check it out, the original link:

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=62435

cut and pasted into the browser and missing the final "5"

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=6243

redirects to

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2007/05/13/mouse-or-vagina/

a picture of a vag.

OP hasn't spoken to the girl in months and then sends her a picture of a vag. Heh.